ADVERTISEMENT

It's time to make the call

No, YOU are trying to imply that I'm acting like that. I'm not at all. I literally asked a question of why you want a guy 10-years removed from college basketball to be the next coach. You and grandpa-Woodrow are dead set at just b*tching and moaning about anything I saw about BD. It's a weird obsession you guys have with Billy - again, like the girl that got away that you just can't get over

I don't have a problem with UK having Billy on the list, I just don't know why some people have him higher than Hurley or Drew, or acting like he's the only savior for Kentucky basketball
He's the only option we have it looks like. If we strike out on Hurley it has to be him. I'm being realistic. I'm just laughing at the narrative that Billy Donovan wouldn't know how to handle NIL and the portal like he's some grandpa who coaches in the G-League. Befuddled at paying money for new players and coaching them. Like they do in the NBA. Rick Pitino seems to have handled it fine.

This was expected, you look the fool you play. Even another poster just posted my EXACT words from the orignal post saying, "Obviously Billy knows hoops." So good try grandpa, maybe stay off the message boards for a while
You have no idea how old I am moron. I’m not staying off of anything, so do yourself a favor and put me on ignore. I’ve already made you look like an idiot. Wasn’t very hard to do either

Reactions: BradleyCrawford08
You have no idea how old I am moron. I’m not staying off of anything, so do yourself a favor and put me on ignore. I’ve already made you look like an idiot. Wasn’t very hard to do either
Just put 'em on ignore. He/she has added absolutely nothing to the conversation. Adversarial for absolutely no reason.

Reactions: RunninRichie
You still trying to look for that quote you said I made? Because I'm still waiting. Still waiting. Still waiting....

Yes, eating lunch with him right now. Mitch has contacted Donovan and JP Blevins is really involved. It’s literally a timing thing and Billy would never quit on the Bulls.
I played a couple games against JP in middle school. I know he became a big-whig in investments, but what's his role now?

Ok. Ok. Ok. Mitch, Ill take one for the program! You can hire me as HC and it won't cost much. I just need 1 million bucks and lifetime courtside seats even if I get fired. Ill hire Rajon Rondo, Scott Padgett, and Walter McCarty as my assistants. Let's get this done so we can start getting the players to bring title 9 to the greatest program of all-time.

• Haha
So you think Mitch is willing to wait or no?
That’s the big question. Money isn’t an issue because he doesn’t care, his wife gave blessing, his daughter is in the equine industry, one of his sons would be on the bench. Pelphrey would be in play and Pitino is pushing it. Apparently JP is wearing them all out.

That’s the big question. Money isn’t an issue because he doesn’t care, his wife gave blessing, his daughter is in the equine industry, one of his sons would be on the bench. Pelphrey would be in play and Pitino is pushing it. Apparently JP is wearing them all out.
Oh my god we're getting Donovan aren't we.

Man I hope this happens. Scale of 1-10 how confident are you that it does?

I don’t like Hurley. Never have. Winning a few titles are impressive but he is a jerk. Not sure he gets the aura of Kentucky basketball and what it means to the state. He might look down on some of us.
Is it not possible for Billy to just step down as Bulls coach? I know it's not ideal but it seems like him and the Bulls are inevitably parting ways anyways. They would just have an interim for the playoffs. It's what Larry Brown did when he left for Kansas.

Is it not possible for Billy to just step down as Bulls coach? I know it's not ideal but it seems like him the Bulls are inevitably parting ways anyways. They would just have an interim for the playoffs. It's what Larry Brown did when he left for Kansas.
He would never do that. He wouldn’t burn bridges and quit on his players. It’s just not who he is. He also wants a guarantee on no new AD as long as he is coach. He wouldn’t want to take the job and two years later Mitch leave and the new AD be a jerk.

Only 3-4 home run head turning hires. Wright, Donovan, Stephens and Hurley. Every other person is serviceable but doesn’t move the needle. I’m holding out hope.

Reactions: cat tat2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT