ADVERTISEMENT

It's past time

phyrekat

Senior
Feb 5, 2003
Guys, I realize that Cal has a lifetime contract. But it's possible to make him want to leave. It's past time to make him want to leave. People in Lexington need to make home so uncomfortable that he can't wait to exit the Bluegrass. I know that BBN can do it. Anytime you see that turd in public, quit fawning on him and bring the heat instead.
Make him so uncomfortable to leave his home that he wants to leave town.

Guys, I realize that Cal has a lifetime contract. But it's possible to make him want to leave. It's past time to make him want to leave. People in Lexington need to make home so uncomfortable that he can't wait to exit the Bluegrass. I know that BBN can do it. Anytime you see that turd in public, quit fawning on him and bring the heat instead.
Get ready for the regular pumpers to tell you that it’s a small minority of people that want Cal gone. Just a few crazies on a message board.

Who's got the sign?

RQE05XU.jpeg

People don’t care anymore man. Participation trophy’s brought to you by all athletics director Mitch Barnhart. If you’re sick of losing go watch the tennis team. That’s what Barney says

I’ll say it again…

Without a SEC regular season title, a SEC tourney title or a final four run… he should be fired with prejudice. Pay whatever we have to pay the man to remove the albatross that he’s become. He doesn’t need some special role either. He needs to leave. Bring him back in 10 years or so and honor him.

This is UK.

You have to win important things like championships. At least one of those have to be won THIS season!

To Cal that has seemed optional for far too long.

How funny that @Kybluedude deleted his response. Maybe I was hitting a little close to home, eh, Brad? Earned, not given, right?
Nah I’m glad you copied it. I accidentally doubled up and tried to remove part of it.

Stand by my statement that it’s poor form to encourage aggressive action against a HOF coach who brought us a title and many great wins and players or against anybody.

I’m not happy we had a player miss a clinching ft but I’m not going to encourage fans to try and bully a family. That’s not right.

Is your self esteem so caught up in a bball game that you want to inflict damage on a family?

It’s a mid season basketball game played by teenagers. Yeah we lost a game we had won. Long way to go. U Conn had a terrible Jan last year and came back to win it all.

Lighten up. Try some decaf but I don’t believe anyone should encourage semi violent behavior against another person or their family.

I’m not happy with all the coaching moves but I haven’t given up on UK. And I’m sure not going to disrespect anyone over a loss.

Find another team until we get a coach you like… if there’s one out there?

Keep Cal around as ambassador of basketball and help with recruiting but bring in a new guy. Or cut Cal and maybe refs won’t hate us anymore.
Honestly I don't want him as an abassador to the program. He's done enough damage. He'll just constantly get in guy's ears about the NBA, he'll only try to help recruit players that HE likes (athletic, can't shoot, ability to hide when things are rough). He's not a good influence on the program.

Dude, I said it after the USC loss, I'll literally take anyone else at this point.

Can you imagine what Pitino would do with this team?
We would have actual ball movement, actual in your face defense, guys actually trying to DUNK the damn ball, and guys sitting on the bench when they didn't buy into what he was saying.

My opinion: This would b e a cheap, dirty classless move.

Can't understand how people can not recognize how Cal is/has ruined UK basketball.
These fans.....I blame more than Cal.

People don’t care anymore man. Participation trophy’s brought to you by all athletics director Mitch Barnhart. If you’re sick of losing go watch the tennis team. That’s what Barney says
I am almost there too. A few years ago I would be mad as hell if a UK team basically gave away a game like they did on Wednesday night. The terrible end of game management would have had my blood pressure boiling.
BUT, now in 2024 I have embraced the reality that we have a TERRIBLE in game coach with an enormous ego and ever depreciating results on the court. You just have to laugh at the supposed "professionals" who have painted the program into a corner with this turd of a coach.
How many of Calipari's 400 wins have been against sub-200 ranked teams? He's a used car salesman, a carpetbagger. Nothing more.

This downfall is also on Barnhart. Womans team is god awful, mens team is becoming indiana.......... and football is only an 7-8 win team program with the occasional 10 wins that with the new SEC wont happen again.

Football first AD.......... I have been telling you all for 2 decades how horrible of an Idea that was. he's lead to the most 10 loss seasons ..... the 2 worst era's non probation... make his life hell too.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
While I have issues with Cal I don’t think every error can be attributed to coaching unless we blame their past coaches. What were they taught in high school? That damn blunder by Reed when he fouled a shooter shooting a three point goal with a four point lead or not fouling tonight are mental blunders in what everyone on this board is a kid with a high IQ. Do you have to have a baseball coach make sure a base runner holds up on a fly ball with fewer than two outs or a base runner take off when in a force situation take off when there are two outs on a 3-2 count. The brain should have already made the correct decisions. It is hard for a college coach to remedy past coaching lapses in a few months. At this point these players are old dogs learning new tricks. Early development has gone to Hell.

My opinion: This would b e a cheap, dirty classless move.
So is pretending to be a coach.....
What this snake oil salesman has done to Kentucky basketball, run his ass out anyway possible.....
Kansas soon will have the most wins, ask yourself, do you think CCC cares?

Reactions: NociHTTP
It’s sad because conference tourney week and selection Sunday are awesome and it’s gonna suck to know my team won’t do anything and will be a no show for the ncaa tourney again

• Sad
Reactions: NociHTTP and Klix
Unfortunately Cal has that effect on many aspects of Kentucky basketball. I don't even get upset much after a loss
I’m trying to focus on work but I can only get so many cases or analytical tasks because they put a cap on it for your first two years. I just miss Kentucky basketball being good

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT