ADVERTISEMENT

It's looking really good for Acaden Lewis and Caleb Wilson to UK

Lewis, Johnson, Perry, and Portal Guy #1 for the guards.

Oweh, Noah, Chandler, and Portal Guy #2 for the wings.

Wilson, Moreno, Garrison, and two portal guys for the the bigs.

That's a helluva lot of talent if it happens.
I wouldn’t be shocked if we somehow land Ament as well.

Don't care what anyone says about not having to land elite top 10 guys anymore because of the portal. That's BS. BBN will want the elite guys eventually. If we miss on Wilson this year, Pope gets a pass obviously; but eventually, you've got to prove you can swim with the recruiting sharks if you're at Kentucky.
He has beat Cal for recruits and some other “sharks” now like 3 or 4 times hasn’t he? Can’t win them all.

Pope has been at Kentucky for six months. His staff has been set for maybe 3-4. They have to build relationships.

I feel like Pope has just now started finding his footing and, to borrow a football term, chopping his feet. Recruiting momentum will come. We've got a great group of recruiters.

The Lewis CBs are great news. Here's hoping he commits tomorrow night. 🤘🍻

Lewis, Johnson, Perry, and Portal Guy #1 for the guards.

Oweh, Noah, Chandler, and Portal Guy #2 for the wings.

Wilson, Moreno, Garrison, and two portal guys for the the bigs.

That's a helluva lot of talent if it happens.
Fair take, but I think we end up with a Portal PG and a Portal PF and then grab a couple more multi year ‘25 guys this Spring. Too many mouths to feed if you try to get too many Portal guys.

Scholarship players 12 and 13 need to be Freshmen who will not expect minutes until their Junior years, IMHO. Just not enough minutes to go around with five returning players and four stud Freshmen. Two Portal studs should be enough to round out the roster.

G Portal/Lewis
G Johnson/Perry/Recruit
G Oweh/Chandler/Noah
F Wilson/Portal
F Garrison/Moreno/Reruit

Reactions: G-PIP and K_TIME
Anyone thinking Pope would even be in the conversation with these types of recruits this quickly is FOS. 95% of these players, and even myself, have never even seen a game coached by Pope live. This a very surprising, in a great way, to me. I mean if we end up closing out with Lewis and Wilson it’s not even a drop off from Cals recruiting.

Duke getting the Boozer twins? That would be shocking. LOL!

I was thinking the same thing. As if EVERYONE didn't know it. If you didnt have a clue from the beginning, you could tell by looking at their photos on visits. I never once thought they were truly considering UK. It's not even headline worthy.

Might as well print an article declaring the NFL will be playing games on Sunday.

The only question I have about them is which one is THE flopper

Reactions: RunninRichie
The only question I have about them is which one is THE flopper
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Anyone thinking Pope would even be in the conversation with these types of recruits this quickly is FOS. 95% of these players, and even myself, have never even seen a game coached by Pope live. This a very surprising, in a great way, to me. I mean if we end up closing out with Lewis and Wilson it’s not even a drop off from Cals recruiting.
Great point.

I struggle to find anything on Pope's BYU teams aside from a couple videos and whole games posted.

On the other hand, UK media, local media, and fans have cutups, highlights, in-depth analysis, mic'd up practices, and more. Hundreds, maybe even thousands of videos from the Cal days.

Video media is basically all that social media is nowadays, and it gets broadcast to every young person with a technological pulse. Can't be understated how important a digital footprint is.

Pope et al. are doing the leg work, though. Videos from BBM and in-house recordings of the blue-white game will be huge for the program – especially BBM.

Absolutely agree. He has knocked my socks off so far.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Look at this. NIL is out of control. Hope every school out there tells this kid to GTFO

It is agents trying to drive up the price and stupid coaches and AD’s who will fall for it.

This is why idiots who get on here and claim Ky should never be out spent on NIL have no business making any kind of financial decisions. Of course it is a product of the credit card, YOLO society.

With the Boozer Twins making it official, I say Lewis to UK will be coming out soon. One of the twins is a guard and Duke is probably retaining a few of their guards from their current team.

Reactions: true blue1
Look at this. NIL is out of control. Hope every school out there tells this kid to GTFO

That sounds way out of line with what we’ve heard about available NIL funds from schools - maybe more than the total available budget. Am I right that the number thrown around for UK’s basketball NIL is $6-7 million?

But I guess it all depends on your NIL budget. Then what percentage of that budget you want to give to a high school OAD recruit. Are you giving a known OAD kid $X amount based mostly on expected on the court production or is it more so what you think he adds in advertising value, etc.? Do college decision makers still think about wins and losses when considering NIL payment, or has it now reached the point where it’s just about how much monetary value the kid's name/status brings to the school?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT