ADVERTISEMENT

It Takes a Village to Make NIL Work To Get UK Football Recruits To Commit.

I'm sorry, I just have to laugh at you at this point. You're either trolling or need serious help. Good luck and goodnight either way.
Just what I thought. When you are called out to give specific reasons why Mitch won’t give up his power over all of the money coming into the athletic programs, you give up. Because you know I am right. I posted catburglars post below for you also. He has also exposed your agenda. You have to be related to Mitch or work with him.

BNIL is set up by Mitch. It's his last attempt to control the players. The way it is organized does very little to protect UK players from bad contracts, just like the bad NFT deal the basketball team got involved in last season. Coach Stoops knows where and who he wants the majority of NIL to flow through. They represented Wan'Dale, they work with Will Levis and a dozen other current players. Matt Jones endorses them weekly on his show.
Mitch is defending the athletic departments money and JMIs money at every turn. There are conflicts of interest in the athletic department on this issue. Rachel Bakers husband is a top executive at JMI.

The Gorilla poster is obviously very close to Mitch or someone at JMI. The obsessive defense of every half measure they have slow walked out is obvious.
Neither Cal or Coach Stoops trust Mitchs leadership on this matter. Mitch hates the new world order and is fighting it at every turn. It is hurting football recruiting. That is all true. Believe what you want.
This is exactly what I was saying also, but you have done a much better job of it.

Why did you make that up. Where did Stoops say he was frustrated with UK and Mitch. Specifically what is he frustrated about? We have BBNIL which you guys like to pretend doesn't exist. We have the exchange within BBNIL which helps connect businesses, collectives, alumni, and fans with student athletes for NIL deals. Same stuff over and over because you guys are only interested in pushing your false narrative.

Most fans would promote BBNIL but not you guys. You guys act like it isn't a thing, and act like our administration doesn't support NIL. Yall literally promote this false narrative that hurts the program. I guess the Barnhart hate is that important to you.
I'm not making anything up and you know it. Unless you have the IQ of a jack rabbit it is plainly obvious from Stoop's interviews and comments that he has issues with the administration regarding NIL. Otherwise he would be mentioning and promoting the UK exchange at every possible opportunity instead working parallel avenues to get players access to NIL revenue.
And we literally have posters in this thread who have heard him say these things face to face. Are you calling them liars too?

Again, why hasn't Barnhart been out front leading the campaign in Frankfort to make KY the state that most aggressively embraces NIL? Stoops and Calipari basically had to go around MB to get the state legislature and Gov. involved to even allow players to be paid in this state. Why was Barnhart more of a impediment than a ally in getting that done?

And exactly what is your vested interest in all of this anyway? As a fan I want the University of Kentucky's athletic programs to do well and have at least a level playing field on which to compete. But, you are so vehemently defending Barnhart's luke-warm approach to NIL that one would think you have to have some skin in the game.
So, are you gonna give full disclosure and own up to being on MB's staff, a family member, an employee of JMI or what?

I'm not making anything up and you know it. Unless you have the IQ of a jack rabbit it is plainly obvious from Stoop's interviews and comments that he has issues with the administration regarding NIL. Otherwise he would be mentioning and promoting the UK exchange at every possible opportunity instead working parallel avenues to get players access to NIL revenue.
And we literally have posters in this thread who have heard him say these things face to face. Are you calling them liars too?

Again, why hasn't Barnhart been out front leading the campaign in Frankfort to make KY the state that most aggressively embraces NIL? Stoops and Calipari basically had to go around MB to get the state legislature and Gov. involved to even allow players to be paid in this state. Why was Barnhart more of a impediment than a ally in getting that done?

And exactly what is your vested interest in all of this anyway? As a fan I want the University of Kentucky's athletic programs to do well and have at least a level playing field on which to compete. But, you are so vehemently defending Barnhart's luke-warm approach to NIL that one would think you have to have some skin in the game.
So, are you gonna give full disclosure and own up to being on MB's staff, a family member, an employee of JMI or what?
Which interview? Oh that's right, once again you're lying. Post the interview where it's obvious that Stoops has an issue with the way the administration is handling NIL.
I'm guessing you won't be able to find it.
🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Which interview? Oh that's right, once again you're lying. Post the interview where it's obvious that Stoops has an issue with the way the administration is handling NIL.
🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
I'll do that when you divulge your relationship to MB, the UK administration or JMI. 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
BTW, here's a hint on Stoop's comments...they were made on the radio.

Reactions: catben
🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
Coach Stoops isn’t going to publicly call out Mitch, but he went on KSR and spoke of how important it is for the legislature to help with NIL. Why didn’t Mitch come on with him to help????

You have called those of us that have exposed you as a sycophant for Mitch and JMI liars , yet you won’t address ANY of the questions we have posed for you. We have given SPECIFIC examples of inactivity on Mitch’s part and you keep deflecting.

You are the one deceiving everyone.

I'll do that when you divulge your relationship to MB, the UK administration or JMI. 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
BTW, here's a hint on Stoop's comments...they were made on the radio.
Well here are his comments, can you point to where he said or implied that he has issues with the administration regarding NIL? He's your chance to back up what you say and make me look like a fool. We both know you can't back up those lies tho.

Coach Stoops isn’t going to publicly call out Mitch, but he went on KSR and spoke of how important it is for the legislature to help with NIL. Why didn’t Mitch come on with him to help????

You have called those of us that have exposed you as a sycophant for Mitch and JMI liars , yet you won’t address ANY of the questions we have posed for you. We have given SPECIFIC examples of inactivity on Mitch’s part and you keep deflecting.

You are the one deceiving everyone.
"it is plainly obvious from Stoop's interviews and comments that he has issues with the administration regarding NIL." -you

After being called on it.

"He isn't gonna publicly call out Mitch."

Which one is it, is it plainly obvious from interviews that he has issues with the administration regarding NIL or is he not gonna publicly call out Mitch.

Did you use your Spidey senses to determine your first claim which contradicts your 2nd claim or did you just make it up?

"it is plainly obvious from Stoop's interviews and comments that he has issues with the administration regarding NIL." -you

Which one is it, is it plainly obvious from interviews that he has issues with the administration regarding NIL or is he not gonna publicly call out Mitch.

Did you use your Spidey senses to determine your first claim which contradicts your 2nd claim or did you just make it up?
Now I’m giving up on getting an answer from you on why Mitch isn’t helping Coach Stoops MORE. You are going to keep deflecting because you are obviously a part of the problem.

The bottom line is our coaches deserve an opportunity to get the MOST out of the NIL to compete in the SEC and Mitch is NOT helping. Our coaches want MORE and have more than earned it.

Reactions: catburglar
I don't normally post on here, but if you want a more in depth discussion on this matter, we have discussed it on HOB in more detail. Several boosters and insiders have given their experience with trying to donate.
I don't feel as comfortable giving names on here like I did on HOB, but I'll share my experience. Had a group of guys that I went to UK with, tailgate with and UK fans from my Country Club. Had donations from $500-$5,000, totalling a little over $40k. I reached out to UK via the phone number and the email they give on their NIL website. Still to this day, months later no reply. I had some people who had already tried to donate, advise me to call Athletes Advantage.
I did, and got a call back from their director of marketing. He informed me that UK currently didn't allow any type of collective. But what they could do is set up each individual donor with a LLC. Thereby making it a business to business transaction. The fee to facilitate and set up each LLC was more than some of the donations. You also had to claim the LLC on your taxes.
This new BBNIL exchange was just launched Sept 1st. It's the first mention of " collective" that UK has uttered. As of a month ago we were the only SEC school that didn't allow collectives. My hope after reading the BBNIL exchange is that we now allow it. But I'm still waiting on clarification on that.
But to act like we haven't been behind on NIL is just being misinformed.

You're clueless, just give it up. You just keep digging yourself a deeper hole.

I don't normally post on here, but if you want a more in depth discussion on this matter, we have discussed it on HOB in more detail. Several boosters and insiders have given their experience with trying to donate.
I don't feel as comfortable giving names on here like I did on HOB, but I'll share my experience. Had a group of guys that I went to UK with, tailgate with and UK fans from my Country Club. Had donations from $500-$5,000, totalling a little over $40k. I reached out to UK via the phone number and the email they give on their NIL website. Still to this day, months later no reply. I had some people who had already tried to donate, advise me to call Athletes Advantage.
I did, and got a call back from their director of marketing. He informed me that UK currently didn't allow any type of collective. But what they could do is set up each individual donor with a LLC. Thereby making it a business to business transaction. The fee to facilitate and set up each LLC was more than some of the donations. You also had to claim the LLC on your taxes.
This new BBNIL exchange was just launched Sept 1st. It's the first mention of " collective" that UK has uttered. As of a month ago we were the only SEC school that didn't allow collectives. My hope after reading the BBNIL exchange is that we now allow it. But I'm still waiting on clarification on that.
But to act like we haven't been behind on NIL is just being misinformed.

Thank you for going into more detail.

From experience, I know it's hard to get answers much less action on items/questions from the admin staff at UK. It's the most difficult process I've ever been through with an organization, and I've talked to presidents and CEOs of major corporations. Can't imagine it's gotten better over the last 20 yrs

That being said, I understand why they wouldn't be keen on "collectives" with NIL.

NIL ISN'T a "let's give money to an athlete" without a money-making endeavor or product behind the inquiry. Either you want them to promote a product, organization, or an event or you don't. Making up a "collective" for the purpose of getting around the rules is disenguous.

However, I've got a friend that would be glad to speak to someone about creative marketing and business plans to fix what UK is objecting to...

You're clueless, just give it up. You just keep digging yourself a deeper hole.
Digging what hole? Stay mad if you want but I will keep calling out you clowns on your pathetic lies. I posted the KSR interview where he didn't say what your buddy claimed. The the truth to liars is digging a hole apparently.

I can back up everything I say, you can only cry about digging a hole. Desperately trying to spread negative rumors that hurt the program. You're a complete joke.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Thank you for going into more detail.

From experience, I know it's hard to get answers much less action on items/questions from the admin staff at UK. It's the most difficult process I've ever been through with an organization, and I've talked to presidents and CEOs of major corporations. Can't imagine it's gotten better over the last 20 yrs

That being said, I understand why they wouldn't be keen on "collectives" with NIL.

NIL ISN'T a "let's give money to an athlete" without a money-making endeavor or product behind the inquiry. Either you want them to promote a product, organization, or an event or you don't. Making up a "collective" for the purpose of getting around the rules is disenguous.

However, I've got a friend that would be glad to speak to someone about creative marketing and business plans to fix what UK is objecting to...
NIL is give money to a student athlete for their name imagine and likeness. As in give them money ro promote something, sell merchandise with their branding, or have them send a message on social media.

UK isn't against collectives, UK is against collectives offering recruits money or being in the recruiting process at all because its illegal. These haters basically just want to cheat because that's what Tennessee and Louisville are doing. These Claude Bassetts want to turn us into a dirty program to keep up with those dirty programs.

NIL is give money to a student athlete for their name imagine and likeness. As in give them money ro promote something, sell merchandise with their branding, or have them send a message on social media.

UK isn't against collectives, UK is against collectives offering recruits money or being in the recruiting process at all because its illegal.

Uh, yeah. That's what I just said

Digging what hole? Stay mad if you want but I will keep calling out you clowns on your pathetic lies. I posted the KSR interview whenmre he didn't say what your buddy claimed. The the truth to liars is digging a hole apparently.

I can back up everything I say, you can only cry about digging a hole. Desperately trying to spread negative rumors that hurt the program. You're a complete joke.
You're the only one that's mad, the rest of us are laughing at your BS.

You're the only one that's mad, the rest of us are laughing at your BS.
I'm mad because yall keep getting busted lying? Typical message board clown gets destroyed and comes back with you mad.

I'm not the one pretending that our football program is destroyed and we don't do NIL. It's you butthurt weirdos. Our athletics department is as good as its ever been which hurts tour feelings somehow. LOL at you and all the bozos innyour butthurt clown car.

You say UK isn't against collectives. But if you email or call the number listed you can't get an answer if they will allow a collective. And if you go to UK's NIL page it still says separate business entities, which means no collective.
If they allow them, they sure make it difficult to discern.

" SAs are not prohibited from entering into genuine NIL agreements with separate business entities that are operated by an individual who is also a booster, so long as the agreement is not a payment, provision, or promise of any other consideration or benefits by the university or by any representative of athletics interests or any person or entity acting on behalf of the university."

• Wow
Reactions: Girthang
Well here are his comments, can you point to where he said or implied that he has issues with the administration regarding NIL? He's your chance to back up what you say and make me look like a fool. We both know you can't back up those lies tho.

Yep, those are SOME of his comments. Congrats.
Now, about you divulging your connections to MB, his family or JMI. Care to address that? Or are you gonna just continue to ignore that question?

Yep, those are SOME of his comments. Congrats.
Now, about you divulging your connections to MB, his family or JMI. Care to address that? Or are you gonna just continue to ignore that question?
That is his entire KSR interview where you guys falsely claimed that it was plainly obvious that Stoops has issues with the administration regarding NIL. The entire interview. Keep making up stuff and I'll keep proving you wrong.

I am what I consider to be a little closer to the UK football coaches than most other UK football fans. I have been attending what is known as “The Coaches For Kids “ fundraiser for about 12 years. It is normally held at one of the famous Lexington Horse Breeding farms the last Saturday in July.
I have gotten to know Mark Stoops and especially Brad White and Vince Marrow on first name basis.
I recently attended a UK football practice the Wednesday PM before our home opener against Miami. I have set up an NIL fundraiser using my sons UK Athletics sanctioned NIL foundation to assist in fund raising for charities. The one I am doing will be for $1,000 going to Chris Rodriguez once approved by the UK athletics department. It will be a 100% tax deductible donation.
My point is this. All UK fans have to do their part helping to raise NIL monies for particularly getting better football recruits to UK. Just for everyone’s information 4 of the top NIL players in UK’s game against the Gators yesterday were Florida players. The only player UK had in the top 5 was Will Levis who came in at # 3 with his combined NIL deals totaling about $500,000.
Stoops is frustrated as hell about this and my fear that this will finally have him leave as the UK football coach sooner rather than later.
If you would like more info about making a tax deductible donation to help assisting our UK football recruiting efforts email me at katsfan99@aol.com
We all have to do our part if we want UK football continue to be one of the best in the SEC.
GO CATS!
Yeah good point, also stop voting for horrible crap governors who lock down the entire state thus depriving all potential donors of excess disposable income., and horrible fake presidents who drive the country into the ditch with record inflation so nobody has a pot to piss in.

I think THE reason the ncaa hasn't truly and officially ruled on NIL is to give a leg up to the schools with big followings that bought their players in the past but had fallen off of late. Texas, Tennessee, FSU, etc. The ncaa knows a level playing field doesn't generate as much money as having regional powerhouses dominate with a few big upsets sprinkled in for good measure. The University of Kentucky rising in football isn't good for the company.

Pretty small following and stadium compared to the traditional powerhouses.

It's all about money (viewership) and perception drives that. If they rule on it officially laying down final guidelines and punishment for non-compliance, then schools like UK can respond accordingly and get things moving. I don't think they want that or UT, UL, A&M, AND others would've already been body-slammed by sanctions.

If UK whispers a hint of doing what those schools are, it will get steamrolled by the association.

You say UK isn't against collectives. But if you email or call the number listed you can't get an answer if they will allow a collective. And if you go to UK's NIL page it still says separate business entities, which means no collective.
If they allow them, they sure make it difficult to discern.

" SAs are not prohibited from entering into genuine NIL agreements with separate business entities that are operated by an individual who is also a booster, so long as the agreement is not a payment, provision, or promise of any other consideration or benefits by the university or by any representative of athletics interests or any person or entity acting on behalf of the university."

Isn't that just confusing double speak? If this is where NIL is at, it's a fkn mess.

A collective should be able to secure NIL agreements with players if there is a clearly defined marketing plan and proportional distribution of material among member businesses and individuals. It's no different than Kroger sponsorship and distribution of posters to its stores. There are ways this can and should be set up. It is complicated and there are costs involved, but it can be done.

I took Shadowman's advice and reached out to Todd Harris, the organizer of the idea from the first post. Todd explained to me what he is doing and the cooperation from others and his plans to make a viable NIL substitute for individuals that wish to give and help. I am going to give a small amount to see what kind of organization is set up behind Todd and his group. More of my money will follow when his plans become more mainstream. I would encourage people who wish to be involved who don't have a business, institution etc to call Todd and do some research.

Isn't that just confusing double speak? If this is where NIL is at, it's a fkn mess.

A collective should be able to secure NIL agreements with players if there is a clearly defined marketing plan and proportional distribution of material among member businesses and individuals. It's no different than Kroger sponsorship and distribution of posters to its stores. There are ways this can and should be set up. It is complicated and there are costs involved, but it can be done.
They can. The thing collectives can’t do is recruit. Can't promise recruits money aka buy players. Collectives can however enter into NIL deals with players.

Reactions: CatPatrick13
That is his entire KSR interview where you guys falsely claimed that it was plainly obvious that Stoops has issues with the administration regarding NIL. The entire interview. Keep making up stuff and I'll keep proving you wrong.
So, I'm guessing you're NEVER going to come clean about your association with MB and/or the athletic dept. Just keep ignoring the question, huh? Just admit it, your a plant or troll (tool?) for Barnhart. LOL!
Also, I never said anything about KSR.

So, I'm guessing you're NEVER going to come clean about your association with MB and/or the athletic dept. Just keep ignoring the question, huh? Just admit it, your a plant or troll (tool?) for Barnhart. LOL!
Also, I never said anything about KSR.
You keep making ignorant assumptions and spewing lies. Just admit it, you have low character and lie to forward your pathetic agenda. You can't back up any of your lies, then call me a plant to deflect. You're a complete joke. I can back everything I say because it's factual. The nerve of this fake fan spreading the lie that UK doesn't support NIL calling me a troll.

You never said anything about KSR? Well what interview was it? Why so vague? Oh that's right, it's because you're lying.

You keep making ignorant assumptions and spewing lies. Just admit it, you have low character and lie to forward your pathetic agenda. You can't back up any of your lies, then call me a plant to deflect. You're a complete joke. I can back everything I say because it's factual. The nerve of this fake fan spreading the lie that UK doesn't support NIL calling me a troll.

You never said anything about KSR? Well what interview was it? Why so vague? Oh that's right, it's because you're lying.
You're awfully defensive for someone who claims to be so "right". Fact is you're connected to him or UK
And then you resort to the old standby..."fake fan". Lol
And you have yet to answer the question I and others have posed. Heck, you don't even claim to be a UK fan. All the things you don't say reveal who you are troll. Lol.

My final words to you-
Tell Mitch Barnhart to be the leader he claims to be and start aggressively lobbying in Frankfort to make KY the most NIL-friendly state in the country or get the hell out of the way.

*Also, tell him Prohibition ended in the early 1930's. We want alcohol sales at Kroger Field for ALL UK fans. 🍻

• Love
You're awfully defensive for someone who claims to be so "right". Fact is you're connected to him or UK
And then you resort to the old standby..."fake fan". Lol
And you have yet to answer the question I and others have posed. Heck, you don't even claim to be a UK fan. All the things you don't say reveal who you are troll. Lol.

My final words to you-
Tell Mitch Barnhart to be the leader he claims to be and start aggressively lobbying in Frankfort to make KY the most NIL-friendly state in the country or get the hell out of the way.

*Also, tell him Prohibition ended in the early 1930's. We want alcohol sales at Kroger Field for ALL UK fans. 🍻
I get defensive as a UK fan when I see clueless goofs trashing my school, lying, and spreading misinformation. Despite the lies you clueless goofs spewed, UK absolutely supports NIL.

My advice to you is learn how things in the real world work. Your ignorance is stunning. I'm not sure if you're outright lying or stupid enough to believe the ignorant BS you type on here. Also its clear that you pathetic lowlifes just want to cheat and be like Tennessee and UL. That's how big of a joke you are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT