ADVERTISEMENT

It makes me sick hearing Cal whine in the post game show about...........

No…. Cawood would not have said that.
Cawood would have said "Coach, your team didn't appear to be ready to play tonight. What happened out there?"

And, he would have blasted the pitiful officiating.

Last edited:
Yes he does pucker up that bad. He goes back to what he knows. Which isn’t a whole lot unfortunately. It’s that way in most walks of life. When in doubt revert to what you know.

Trying to trade 2's for wide open 3's. Works 70% of the time, every time.

Even when we did score on our possessions in the early minutes of this game, we seemed to use most of the shot clock. So he allowed them to dictate the pace from the outset.

Yeah I didn't understand that, but I was just letting it ride to see if it helped our defense any. Obviously it didn't.

Reactions: CincyUKFan
Cal better make some adjustments because that was the exact game people on here worry about in the tournament. A team shoots better than averge(happened all year). We get physical and scared, no adjustments except long ugly 2’s. We can’t shoot 11 3’s with this squad and win. Cut to the basket, somebody is open, one on one 2’s aren’t the answer.

Fattt Self, Farrr Painter, Farrr Hurley, Farrr Sampson, Farrr Lloyd, Farr Scheyer, since they have all lost to unranked teams on the road this year. And some badly. I swear so many on this board no absolutely nothing about College basketball. What a joke.
No Final Fours since 2015 and the last 3 years is actually the joke. With teams that had guards by the names of Fox, Monk, Gilgeous-Alexander, Maxey and Herro, no less.

Reactions: TFCats11 and catben
I might have missed it on here and I didn't watch the post game press conference (can't stand to listen to Cal anymore), but did any of the players speak? If so, who did and what did they say?

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙

Fattt Self, Farrr Painter, Farrr Hurley, Farrr Sampson, Farrr Lloyd, Farr Scheyer, since they have all lost to unranked teams on the road this year. And some badly. I swear so many on this board no absolutely nothing about College basketball. What a joke.
17 point loss is bad Jethro. Yeah, nobody knows anything but you.

Cal 3 losses to unranked teams so far this year, one at home, but the you want yo blame fans. Cal loves folks like you. Loves them. No expectation cheerleaders

2017 got screwed I can’t hold that against that team. Maxey didn’t get a shot.
Yeah definitely.
Cal better make some adjustments because that was the exact game people on here worry about in the tournament. A team shoots better than averge(happened all year). We get physical and scared, no adjustments except long ugly 2’s. We can’t shoot 11 3’s with this squad and win. Cut to the basket, somebody is open, one on one 2’s aren’t the answer.
When is the last time Cal adjusted? The tweek in 2014?

This will be the team that really gets the alums fed up with Cal. Sam Bowie can say he was just joking the other night, but we all know he meant it. And it’s the truth. If you can’t win a title with this bunch you just suck, period. We are the deepest, most talented team in college basketball this year AND IT IS NOT CLOSE FOLKS!!! Tonight was an absolute embarrassment and Cal has NO answers!
That's debatable
Arizona is really deep and it's talented upperclassmen. UConn is really talented and deep as well
We are very talented no doubt. Some of the defense I witness makes me wonder about the individuals themselves. Defense is about hustle and sometimes it looks like they don't even care to go out on a shooter or try and box out

Reactions: RunninRichie
The opposing environment, the opponent making MORE 3's than normal, his kids being young and hating contact, his guards pounding the ball instead of passing or going to the basket and when Tom asks him how they fix it, he sounds SKEPTICAL that the team can!!!!

This dude is getting paid $9 million/year!!!!!! You MUST have the ANSWERS or you need to QUIT!!!!

Well all those things are true about the team.
If you are searching a press conference or a radio show for answers to make you feel better, good luck.

The opposing environment, the opponent making MORE 3's than normal, his kids being young and hating contact, his guards pounding the ball instead of passing or going to the basket and when Tom asks him how they fix it, he sounds SKEPTICAL that the team can!!!!

This dude is getting paid $9 million/year!!!!!! You MUST have the ANSWERS or you need to QUIT!!!!
I don’t like excuses either, but Cal did not miss layups in the first half alone

SO!!!!!

CAl CHOOSES to have a roster full of YOUNG players. He needs to QUIT complaining about it!!!

Getting your _SS kicked by INFERIOR talent is INEXCUSABLE!!!

If the Freshmen are not going to be able to win at a level needed for the "Gold Standard of College Basketball", maybe you need to re-evaluate how you do things.

This loss is just ANOTHER in a LONG LINE of disappointing performances from Cal's teams over the past 4 years.

Being young for sure is part of his Ponzi scheme. He doens’t give a rats a$$ about winning another championship. He admitted as much when he ‘got the first one over with’. If he really valued experienced college players, he wouldn’t be going out of his way to make sure there aren’t any every year.

• Angry
Reactions: catben

There are bad losses. True. But, we have a team that is unbelievably deep. Why is Edwards playing 23 minutes to score 2 points and get 2 rebounds? Where is Thiero? Why has Reed disappeared? On and on I could go. Last night wasn't just a bad loss. I think it was worse than our loss to UNCW because we were completely outcoached and manhandled. How many points did the top offense in the country score? Also, why did Cal continue to shuffle players in and out of the game in the first hal? That destroyed any rhythm we could possibly have.

Reactions: catben
I turned this one off when we cut the lead to 2 and gave up 2 wide open shots and were down 7 in the 2nd half.

Cal was switching players ever 1 to 2 minutes, there was no way our team was going to come together tonight. Cal pulled the only hot scorer in the first half (pulling a Joe Hall with Jim Master) with Dilly. He made no adjustments or if he did he did not explain them good enough to the team. So I turned it off.

Odd thing was I heard Chin Coleman's preview of South Carolina yesterday and one of the things that stuck out was we do not want to peak too early.

Cal manufacturing issues trying to get the team to play through issues again and like always it backfires and he will say things like....

I did not coach good enough, we did not explain things good enough, this loss is on us. Blah Blah Blah......

I might do what I did last year and take a break from watching live and just get the clips after the game for the next 5 to 6 weeks and get ready for March Madness. Just cannot watch when you see things going on like this.

I'm with you. I do dishes and housework when the team is playing that badly. Last night, I quit watching and just had the Yahoo Sports ticker up on my computer to watch the score update. Had I watched, I would not have been able to sleep. I get way too upset.

every loss later in the season against a "second tier" SEC team is going to be worse than UNCW because it shows there is no development or consistency.

Cal will claim last night was a good learning experience, they'll be prepared for the next time it happens

and that is true, I suspect this team will beat the snot out of USC , it will never be in question

but the only learning is you can't let USC push you around - for freshmen it just doesn't translate to the next team that challenges them.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
You just proved my point in how far removed from reality you are and how those like you are what gives UK fans a bad name sometimes. Unrealistic. Out of touch. Narrow minded.
So you have been happy the last few years with our basketball program? If you say yes, you need to update your thought process.

Let's be honest: officiating on the road in the sec is so embarrassingly bad it often costs us games. It definitely didn't help tonight because sc was allowed to mug people all night from the jump till the final horn. Everything we did was with major contact. At least now we'll know we need to get better at playing through contact because that's just how the whistle goes in the sec.

That said, all of Cal's unbearable post game stuff is really is coded complaining about the refs. The man makes a fortune. Just say what needs to be said about the sh1t refs instead of talking in code and being a cheapskate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT