ADVERTISEMENT

It makes me sick hearing Cal whine in the post game show about...........

catben

All-American
Sep 13, 2003
The opposing environment, the opponent making MORE 3's than normal, his kids being young and hating contact, his guards pounding the ball instead of passing or going to the basket and when Tom asks him how they fix it, he sounds SKEPTICAL that the team can!!!!

This dude is getting paid $9 million/year!!!!!! You MUST have the ANSWERS or you need to QUIT!!!!

He doesn’t even see the question he needs to provide and answer to. He was clueless tonight. It showed in preparation and in adjustments. Revert back to long twos and driving into a clogged lane with the myth that is the dribble drive.

The opposing environment, the opponent making MORE 3's than normal, his kids being young and hating contact, his guards pounding the ball instead of passing or going to the basket and when Tom asks him how they fix it, he sounds SKEPTICAL that the team can!!!!

This dude is getting paid $9 million/year!!!!!! You MUST have the ANSWERS or you need to QUIT!!!!
Don’t put yourself through it. Life is too short to listen to a fat old man bullshit and lie

This will be the team that really gets the alums fed up with Cal. Sam Bowie can say he was just joking the other night, but we all know he meant it. And it’s the truth. If you can’t win a title with this bunch you just suck, period. We are the deepest, most talented team in college basketball this year AND IT IS NOT CLOSE FOLKS!!! Tonight was an absolute embarrassment and Cal has NO answers!

Can I just say that Tom Leach has zero balls? Cawood would have told Cal to his face he can’t coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

Same as it ever was with Cal. Getting drubbed on the road by an unranked team. Same old worn out answers to questions. Nothing really changes.
But… but….but…. Cal rolls into your town and beats you! I’ve seen him say it ! lol

Reactions: Cawood86
This will be the team that really gets the alums fed up with Cal. Sam Bowie can say he was just joking the other night, but we all know he meant it. And it’s the truth. If you can’t win a title with this bunch you just suck, period. We are the deepest, most talented team in college basketball this year AND IT IS NOT CLOSE FOLKS!!! Tonight was an absolute embarrassment and Cal has NO answers!
"TELL IT LIKE IT IS".

He makes it sound like the opponent is doing something illegal....does he not realize that defense is an option? And, yes all of this BS from "The No Excuse Program" Cal's own words.

• Sad
Reactions: catben
Weaknesses exposed tonight -- not tough enough, poor defensive execution, not mentally confident or prepared, etc, etc -- are symptoms of teams we've seen since 2015. And, more than anything, and he has to admit this, is his own system and philosophy coming back to sabotage the entire mission. It's extremely difficult and a near monumental challenge to form a true, championship caliber team when you have a major exodus on your team happening EVERY year. Yes, we are young and inexperienced, as we will be next year, and the year after, and the year after that. It's hard already to get the proverbial stars to line up in you favor to win a national championship, but doing it his way makes it even more of a near impossibility.

One huge noticeable difference in tonight's game: men guarded us and got really physical, imposing their will on us; our kids guarded them and could barely stay on our feet and were caught a step or two slow all night, imposing no will on them. It looked like we did not have any kind of defensive game plan whatsoever. The unfortunate part of tonight is that THAT is who we are and THAT is most likely not going to get much better.

Back to the drawing board...

Same as it ever was with Cal. Getting drubbed on the road by an unranked team. Same old worn out answers to questions. Nothing really changes.
Fattt Self, Farrr Painter, Farrr Hurley, Farrr Sampson, Farrr Lloyd, Farr Scheyer, since they have all lost to unranked teams on the road this year. And some badly. I swear so many on this board no absolutely nothing about College basketball. What a joke.

And yet social media is full of his ass kissers tonight. And if you. Ring up ANY criticism it’s “well you aren’t coach so…”

I’m going to start using that against people.

“Well you aren’t a cop, teacher, President, nuclear physicist, underwater basket weaver, etc….so”

• Love
Reactions: KFuqua
He makes it sound like the opponent is doing something illegal....does he not realize that defense is an option? And, yes all of this BS from "The No Excuse Program" Cal's own words.
It's just the SAME CRAP after EVERY loss.

Hey Cal, DEMAND that your young kids play TOUGHER!!!! They are supposed to be NBA level talent, so work on playing PHYSICAL in ALL of your practices!!!

This is UK, you spout off about how we are EVERY SEC teams T-Shirt night. I can remember a time when our UK teams RELISHED the opportunity to RUIN the opposing teams BIG night against us!!!

I'm just SICK of having a coach that I have ZERO confidence in FIXING our problems.

Cal, YOU are the one that CHOOSES to recruit and build your team around One-And-Done kids.

Fattt Self, Farrr Painter, Farrr Hurley, Farrr Sampson, Farrr Lloyd, Farr Scheyer, since they have all lost to unranked teams on the road this year. And some badly. I swear so many on this board no absolutely nothing about College basketball. What a joke.
And all those minus Painter have had better success than we have lately.

Lowe by single digits is one thing. You don’t get blown out at Kentucky to effing South Carolina.

I admit to knowing nothing about your version of college basketball. I'm a UK basketball fan where UK is , by the coaches own admission, the gold standard.

I would never imagine trying to justify the loss of another team to prop up the failure of Kentucky to be the gold standard. I've never known UK fans that did that or logically how that is possible.

Man , you get so “triggered “. If it tears you up so much why do you get on here after a loss ? You know what it’s going to be like.

I admit to knowing nothing about your version of college basketball. I'm a UK basketball fan where UK is , by the coaches own admission, the gold standard.

I would never imagine trying to justify the loss of another team to prop up the failure of Kentucky to be the gold standard. I've never known UK fans that did that or logically how that is possible.
You just proved my point in how far removed from reality you are and how those like you are what gives UK fans a bad name sometimes. Unrealistic. Out of touch. Narrow minded.

Reactions: gojvc
It's just the SAME CRAP after EVERY loss.

Hey Cal, DEMAND that your young kids play TOUGHER!!!! They are supposed to be NBA level talent, so work on playing PHYSICAL in ALL of your practices!!!

This is UK, you spout off about how we are EVERY SEC teams T-Shirt night. I can remember a time when our UK teams RELISHED the opportunity to RUIN the opposing teams BIG night against us!!!

I'm just SICK of having a coach that I have ZERO confidence in FIXING our problems.

Cal, YOU are the one that CHOOSES to recruit and build your team around One-And-Done kids.
Wholesale OAD annually driven by quantity over quality. Cal covets the thought of one day sitting back and claiming that all of these "ill-prepared" players that he shoved into the League too early is somehow one of his great accomplishments ... his "kids". I can't help to question if the man is properly adjusted mentally. Whatever drives this man has nothing to do with the best interests of this BB Program nor the University. I wish someone could convince me otherwise.

• Sad
Reactions: catben
You just proved my point in how far removed from reality you are and how those like you are what gives UK fans a bad name sometimes. Unrealistic. Out of touch. Narrow minded.
the only thing that was proved is you made an argument for parity in college basketball while ignoring UK has the most talent and depth of any team.

I heard the same stuff from fans during Tubby and Gillespie years as well. Its all justification for mediocrity and support for a coach who claims to demand excellence from everyone but himself.

Its January 23rd and this team cannot crack the top 5, they are trending down in defensive stats and they have yet to show the ability to deal with adversity as a team. I'd say between the two of us, I am absolutely the most realistic.

He doesn’t even see the question he needs to provide and answer to. He was clueless tonight. It showed in preparation and in adjustments. Revert back to long twos and driving into a clogged lane with the myth that is the dribble drive.

Yeah. Why did we revert right back into Cal ball when things stopped working? Does he really pucker that bad? Be what got the team it's top 10 rating.

Yeah. Why did we revert right back into Cal ball when things stopped working? Does he really pucker that bad? Be what got the team it's top 10 rating.
Yes he does pucker up that bad. He goes back to what he knows. Which isn’t a whole lot unfortunately. It’s that way in most walks of life. When in doubt revert to what you know.

• Sad
Reactions: crestcat and catben
I turned this one off when we cut the lead to 2 and gave up 2 wide open shots and were down 7 in the 2nd half.

Cal was switching players ever 1 to 2 minutes, there was no way our team was going to come together tonight. Cal pulled the only hot scorer in the first half (pulling a Joe Hall with Jim Master) with Dilly. He made no adjustments or if he did he did not explain them good enough to the team. So I turned it off.

Odd thing was I heard Chin Coleman's preview of South Carolina yesterday and one of the things that stuck out was we do not want to peak too early.

Cal manufacturing issues trying to get the team to play through issues again and like always it backfires and he will say things like....

I did not coach good enough, we did not explain things good enough, this loss is on us. Blah Blah Blah......

I might do what I did last year and take a break from watching live and just get the clips after the game for the next 5 to 6 weeks and get ready for March Madness. Just cannot watch when you see things going on like this.

They had five seniors starting tonight. 3 of the them are in their 5th year. Age is a big advantage.

You all know what I mean. He would have asked the tough questions. Not softballs and accept gibberish for answers like Leach (and all the rest of the UK media) do.
Cawood did ask Adolph the tough questions, which at times would cause you to wince just a bit but to his credit, Adolph stood his ground and took responsibility. Leach doesn't have that in his DNA as he is always working to provide cover for Cal, which is a big job to provide cover for that clown but it's a bad look for Leach, but then again, he's no Cawood Ledford.

You’re being generous. They’re much worse than that.

He did sound like a whipped puppy, he doesn’t know what to do with his superstars
He doesn't even know what to do with his own coaching staff. How do you have those guys on the bench and not see ANY improvement in the offense or defense at this point in the season? What exactly are they doing in practices? Playing hopscotch and practicing dance moves?

Reactions: TFCats11 and catben
the only thing that was proved is you made an argument for parity in college basketball while ignoring UK has the most talent and depth of any team.

I heard the same stuff from fans during Tubby and Gillespie years as well. Its all justification for mediocrity and support for a coach who claims to demand excellence from everyone but himself.

Its January 23rd and this team cannot crack the top 5, they are trending down in defensive stats and they have yet to show the ability to deal with adversity as a team. I'd say between the two of us, I am absolutely the most realistic.
Enabling mediocrity is a poison for any program ... whether it comes from the coach or the fans.

Last edited:
They had five seniors starting tonight. 3 of the them are in their 5th year. Age is a big advantage.
SO!!!!!

CAl CHOOSES to have a roster full of YOUNG players. He needs to QUIT complaining about it!!!

Getting your _SS kicked by INFERIOR talent is INEXCUSABLE!!!

If the Freshmen are not going to be able to win at a level needed for the "Gold Standard of College Basketball", maybe you need to re-evaluate how you do things.

This loss is just ANOTHER in a LONG LINE of disappointing performances from Cal's teams over the past 4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT