ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Time for Mitch Barnhart to Leave

Just stop already. He’s not going anywhere.
I think his biggest accomplish was taking a football progrm that averaged capacity crowds in 2007 and turning it into one that lost 20,000 season ticket holders with the five years without a bowl game. Tough to do with the way football was taking off in the SEC but he did it.

I think his biggest accomplish was taking a football progrm that averaged capacity crowds in 2007 and turning it into one that lost 20,000 season ticket holders with the five years without a bowl game. Tough to do with the way football was taking off in the SEC but he did it.
He's basically ruined the football program. 🤣😂🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

LOL, the dusties are mad and are making up nonsense again. I remember when yall were trying to get Stoops fired and made up a bunch of stuff too. This will work out the same.

Reactions: LmdCat

LOL, the dusties are mad and are making up nonsense again. I remember when yall were trying to get Stoops fired and made up a bunch of stuff too. This will work out the same.
Under his watch the little school out west out did us in football. Just think about that. In 2002 Kentucky had better success overall and history. But not the case now. So if we can't get higher level bowl games then them you must not be a fan. You people how are happy with the AD are trolls and not true fans

Under his watch the little school out west out did us in football. Just think about that. In 2002 Kentucky had better success overall and history. But not the case now. So if we can't get higher level bowl games then them you must not be a fan. You people how are happy with the AD are trolls and not true fans
Now UL is better in football. LOL, whatever lie it takes to sooth your Barnhart butthurt.

November 24, 2018Louisville, KY#15 Kentucky56–10
November 30, 2019Lexington, KYKentucky45–13
November 27, 2021Louisville, KY#25 Kentucky52–21

Now UL is better in football. LOL, whatever lie it takes to sooth your Barnhart butthurt.

November 24, 2018Louisville, KY#15 Kentucky56–10
November 30, 2019Lexington, KYKentucky45–13
November 27, 2021Louisville, KY#25 Kentucky52–21
I would take the two BCS wins they had over anything we have done. Plus a heisman winner. Wake up people

Lol UK fans can't face reality. You stuck up for a below average AD, for a program I love and your telling me I can move to another team. Ha
Below average AD has our program ranked as high as its ever been and is now one of the overall elite athletic programs in the country. We're below average tho. You can't seem to make an argument without lying. Typical L1C4 fan.

Mitch didn't make the football program what it is today. Stoops did that! All Mitch did was hiring the man. And it didn't take a rocket scientist to know in football if a Coach with the name "Stoops" applied for the position you hire the man.

Let's not give Mitch too much credit for doing what anyone with a brain would've done.

Mitch didn't make the football program what it is today. Stoops did that! All Mitch did was hiring the man. And it didn't take a rocket scientist to know in football if a Coach with the name "Stoops" applied for the position you hire the man.

Let's not give Mitch too much credit for doing what anyone with a brain would've done.
Yeah, Mitch doesn't coach the team, all he did was hire the coach and provide modern and elite facilities. Hell, he could have hired Mike Stoops like Arizona did because everyone knows, if a coach with the name Stoops applies, you hire the man.

Last edited:

And pay him enough to stay, and give a big enough budget for great coordinators and staff like Vince. Modernize facilities, updated the stadium. Recruiting budgets. Just to name a few things. Mitch deserves a ton of credit for the turn around of the football program. No matter how much you refuse to admit it. I'm critical of him on a ton of his personal issues with NIL and booze and stuff like that, but be realistic.

Rough start for your Cards who have done better than US. Yall got curb stomped by an awful Syracuse team. LOL at the program that "out did us". May they continue all of this outdoing. 🤣😅😂

Rough start for your Cards who have done better than US. Yall got curb stomped by an awful Syracuse team. LOL at the program that "out did us". May they continue all of this outdoing. 🤣😅😂
Trolling a below average. You mad because ul lost and won't make a bowl lol.

And pay him enough to stay, and give a big enough budget for great coordinators and staff like Vince. Modernize facilities, updated the stadium. Recruiting budgets. Just to name a few things. Mitch deserves a ton of credit for the turn around of the football program. No matter how much you refuse to admit it. I'm critical of him on a ton of his personal issues with NIL and booze and stuff like that, but be realistic.
Thank you.

I'm mad? We won and UL, the outdid us program lost. You tried to prop up their joke of a program to take shots at Mitch Barnhart, but I'm the troll.
You are a troll. Of course louisville fans wants Mitch to stay at Kentucky . We don't do anything well in sports anymore. It's not the main thing for the AD. Why are you on my board?

You are a troll. Of course louisville fans wants Mitch to stay at Kentucky . We don't do anything well in sports anymore. It's not the main thing for the AD. Why are you on my board?
Imagine being this lame. You were just propping g up UL, now im the UL fan. Keep that same ignorant energy you had when you were claiming that they outdid us. Everyone with a functioning brain can see where their garbage basketball and football program are now, yet you had the nerve to claim that they outdid us. These are your words, be a man and own your ignorant comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: Graham51 and LmdCat
Imagine being this lame. You were just propping g up UL, now im the UL fan. Keep that same ignorant energy you had when you were claiming that yhey outdid us. Everyone with a functioning brain can see where their garbage basketball and football program are now, yet you had the nerve to claim that they outdid us. These are your words, be a man and own your ignorant comments.
I would take the 2 BCS bowls, you would as well. We have nothing close to that since 2002. That is just facts so of course they out did us. But I'm thinking your a troll and I don't say that much about a poster. If you are happy with where we are your cool with the program taking a back set. You accept below standards and are ok with down grading the setting capacity to where we'll look like a mid major one day. Your a laid back fan. I just use football because the ones happy with the AD are the ones saying he's a football guy. Or credit him for it, We haven't better than ul down the road son the whole body of 20 years. That must make them a big program huh. No they are little the last 5 years we owned but we only talking little bowls. Those bcs wins pop. But still. Yes no big progress in the program unless you want the leaders to pocket money.

I would take the 2 BCS bowls, you would as well. We have nothing close to that since 2002. That is just facts so of course they out did us. But I'm thinking your a troll and I don't say that much about a poster. If you are happy with where we are your cool with the program taking a back set. You accept below standards and are ok with down grading the setting capacity to where we'll look like a mid major one day. Your a laid back fan. I just use football because the ones happy with the AD are the ones saying he's a football guy. Or credit him for it, We haven't better than ul down the road son the whole body of 20 years. That must make them a big program huh. No they are little the last 5 years we owned but we only talking little bowls. Those bcs wins pop. But still. Yes no big progress in the program unless you want the leaders to pocket money.
Here's what you should do since you're a real fan. Demand a meeting with the Board of Trustees and Dr Capilouto. Explain to them that you didn't attend UK and give nothing to the program but you're Big Cat Fan and have thousands of posts on Cats Illustrated. That carries a lot of weight.

You should explain to the powers that be how UL football, who is currently a sinking ship, outdid our rising star program because of bowl wins they had playing in the Big East a decade ago. Tell them how our program takes a back seat to UL. Let them know how forward thinking UL was expanding a stadium that have never been able to fill and how backwards it is to lower capacity to increase fan comfort in the modern era. Explain to them how we've had no big progress in the program and it's basically the same as it was under Larry Ivy and CM Newton.

With all your message board clout and genius takes, they will have no choice but to take the meeting and far Mitch Barnhart. If it's one thing they hate, it's UL outdoing our financially successful, NCAA compliant, top 10 in the directors cup athletics program. UL athletics may be a financial drain on the school, may be in constant trouble for violating NCAA rules, but they went 11-2 in the Big East while playing zero ranked teams in 2012 and made a BCS bowl. Now that's taking a back seat.

Last edited:
Mitch has his issues but even if you have some grounds to actually say UL has done better than UK (and UL is a f'ing train wreck of a program right now), you can't argue that at the moment, UK football is trending up and has consistently done so for years.

You can point to Joker and that was a mistake, one that Mitch has to own, along with Gillispie, but I don't think you'll ever see a coach in waiting or a flavor of the month coach again heading up one of UK's big two sports.

It wouldn't bother me if Mitch left, but since he's grown a pair and calls out Calipari, I think things are right again. Cal acts like he actually cares about what is important to UK basketball, and that will last until he goes back to winning and then turns into the arrogant I do what I want coach. Maybe Mitch will still be emboldened enough to kick Cal's butt the moment he starts that again.

Sincerely humbled Cal > pretending to be humble but actually holds fans in contempt Cal

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Here's what you should do since you're a real fan. Demand a meeting with the Board of Trustees and Dr Capilouto. Explain to them that you didn't attend UK and give nothing to the program but you're Big Cat Fan and have thousands of posts on Cats Illustrated. That carries a lot of weight.

You should explain to the powers that be how UL football, who is currently a sinking ship, outdid our rising star program because of bowl wins they had playing in the Big East a decade ago. Tell them how our program takes a back seat to UL. Let them know how forward thinking UL was expanding a stadium that have never been able to fill and how backwards it is to lower capacity to increase fan comfort in the modern era. Explain to them how we've had no big progress in the program and it's basically the same as it was under Larry Ivy and CM Newton.

With all your message board clout and genius takes, they will have no choice but to take the meeting and far Mitch Barnhart. If it's one thing they hate, it's UL outdoing our financially successful, NCAA compliant, top 10 in the directors cup athletics program. UL athletics may be a financial drain on the school, may be in constant trouble for violating NCAA rules, but they went 11-2 in the Big East while playing zero ranked teams in 2012 and made a BCS bowl. Now that's taking a back seat.

Watching you get trolled by one of the most well known trolls on rafters is pretty great lol.

He’s not a UK fan lol.

I will say this though, some of you need to pay attention. We aren’t releasing the arm of the NIL in football, and UL is. As of right now we’re only better because we’re living off of the last remnants of pre NIL years. Their recruiting is already showing this to be the case.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about Barnhart, if he doesn’t get out of the way he’s going to be forced into retirement.

Mitch gets a mic in front of him and doubles down on being an ass by blaming everything on the media, throwing out ultimatums, crying on the podium, and sticking it to the common fan once again. How can anyone look at his antics today and be proud of having him as our AD? He’s a sad little man.

But thankfully volleyball is winning!!! He is a clown and will drive out BOTH coaches within the next 2-3 years. Name, Image, and Likeness is just one piece of the puzzle. Having an AD with no positive relationship to our football and basketball programs will only serve to drag the programs down. I mean how in the hell will such a relationship ever make things better?

Whatever Barnhart may have done to help build up this athletics department, he sure as hell is keen to bring it all down. Thanks for the time you put in, but it’s clear he’s set in his ways and is not willing to step forward.

I’d rather he leave while people can still point to his accomplishments and remember him for that, rather than remembering him for setting us back in NIL and driving our coaches away. Instead he’s building a legacy of animosity towards the two most important sports programs, AND the fans!
Mitch will be leaving. He will be leaving his house in the morning for work.

Watching you get trolled by one of the most well known trolls on rafters is pretty great lol.

He’s not a UK fan lol.

I will say this though, some of you need to pay attention. We aren’t releasing the arm of the NIL in football, and UL is. As of right now we’re only better because we’re living off of the last remnants of pre NIL years. Their recruiting is already showing this to be the case.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about Barnhart, if he doesn’t get out of the way he’s going to be forced into retirement.
What is UL doing specifically in regards to NIL that we aren't?

The only one taking a backseat is you. Common sense is not part of your mailbag.

Reactions: kybassfan
Where do you idiots come up with this crap? Typical fair weather fan who sits on the sideline and bitches and whines about everything.

Reactions: kl40504
Is this a troll post? Are you effing serious? Mitch Barnhart deserves a GD statue!

Mitch Barnhart since 2002:.

10 post-season bowl appearances in football, (6-4 record)
1 NCAA Men's Basketball National Championship
4 NCAA Men's Basketball Final Four appearances
7 SEC Men's Basketball Champions
8 SEC Men's Tournament Basketball Championships
1 NCAA Volleyball Championship
1 SEC Women's Basketball Champions (2011-2012)
1 SEC Women's Tournament Basketball Champion (Thanks Kyra)
1 SEC East Baseball Champions
1 SEC Softball Tournament Runners-up
1 SEC Men's Tennis Championship
2 SEC Men's Tennis Runners-up
1 SEC Women's Tennis Championships
2 SEC Women's Tennis Runners-up
1 SEC Women's Soccer Runners-up
1 SEC Women's Soccer Tournament Championship
4 SEC Women's Volleyball Championships
1 SEC Men's Golf Championship
3 NCAA Team Rifle Championships

Cheerleading team is world-class. How many championships for that squad?

Thanks, Mitch! Keep 'em coming.

Edit: Added 2 additional SEC Women's Volleyball Championships and 2
NCAA Team Rifle Championships. Added 2012 SEC Women's Regular Season Basketball Champions.
Edit: Adding 9 (soon to be 10) Men's NCAA Soccer Tournament appearances.
2003 and 2004 MAC Men's Soccer Regular Season Champion
2015 and 2018 CUSA Men's Soccer Regular Season Champion
2018 and 2021 CUSA Men's Soccer Tournament Champion
2022 Men's Sun Belt Regular Season and Tournament Champions

Someone has a crush.

Reactions: lj bulldog
Not a crush. The numbers speak for themselves. Mitch Barnhart is one of the best AD'S in the country.
I agree for the most part. Which is why it’s sad he’s going to wipe out the goodwill he has built up with the fans because of his personal feelings.

I don’t understand why you and others treat Barnhart like some kind of sports god. Kudos to the time he’s put in, but if he leaves there are many other AD’s who could step in and do a good job, AND not inject their personal beliefs into the entire university athletics department.

I just truly don’t understand the Barnhart fanboys. It’s like they think sports at UK would just crumble if the man left.

You need to put up a few more laughing icons, but what he did to the football program his first decade here was far from funny, NO investments in football facilities improvements for his first decade as our AD. I guess you were one of the many that think the tons of money rolling in from the OTHER SEC football programs was due to our TWO two win seasons and the five years without a bowl game.

The athletic department had to borrow the money with interest PLUS pay a $60,000,000 bribe to get it approved for the long overdue facilities improvements. The only thing that saved us from bankruptcy was the OTHER football programs that were supported by their ADs.

Reactions: ConRay9
I just don’t understand why you and others treat Barnhart like a sports god. Kudos to the time he’s put in but if he leaves there are many other AD’s who could step in and do a good job, AND not inject their personal beliefs into the entire university sports program.

I truly don’t understand the Barnhart fanboys.
We need a dedicated FB/Men's basketball AD who is innovative, forward thinking, and geared to run this like a business. Then we can let Barney handle everything else. A win/win.

Not a crush. The numbers speak for themselves. Mitch Barnhart is one of the best AD'S in the country.
What numbers, the ones stating that we went from a football program that averaged 69,000 attendance for a team that finished with a losing record in the SEC to one that lost 20,000 long time season ticket holders?

How do you think he built a program that finished eighth in the nation in his chase for the Director's Cup? Before the flood of money from the OTHER SEC football programs made it easy to throw money away. But I still wonder how much of the 30 and 40 million a year from the SEC distribution goes back into the MONEY COW.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why you and others treat Barnhart like some kind of sports god. Kudos to the time he’s put in, but if he leaves there are many other AD’s who could step in and do a good job, AND not inject their personal beliefs into the entire university athletics department.

I just truly don’t understand the Barnhart fanboys. It’s like they think sports at UK would just crumble if the man left.
The sport that finances all the other sports except for basketball was starved to death by mitch until his (lack of) support led to the TWO two win seasons.

And I haven't heard of any other qualified candidate that volunteered for the job-----like Stoops did.
LOL. Maybe you don't realize that the OTHER football programs saved the athletic department from bankruptcy Starving the MONEY COW to death while pouring footballs money into his pursuit of the non-money sports trophy was the height of idiocy. He would have had a lot more money for his unattainable dream IF he had invested just some of the money football earned back into football. Instead he starved football to death, NO money for football facilities in his first ten years-----until the wheels fell off and we lost 20,000 season ticketholders AND their donations. The money we had to BORROW (with interest PLUS $60,000,000) to rebuild the program was entirely on him.

Reactions: ConRay9
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT