ADVERTISEMENT

It’s The End of the World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
Everybody is pretty unsure what college football is going to look like in 10 years, but from the last two-three years, I think we can see the method Coach Stoops and his Staff are headed in attacking the challenges.

We are focusing a huge effort on landing transfer players. About a quarter to one-third of new players the last two-three seasons have been transfers. Not a record, but Georgia has only one incoming transfer so far this year.

Doing this makes our freshman recruiting class look more modest in total numbers and suppresses our “score” for the recruiting class: we are 36th, right now, on Rivals, but 33 of those ranked ahead of us have more freshman signees. Eleven programs ranked ahead of us have fewer Four Star recruits. The scoring system is heavily tilted toward classes that have at least 20 or more players to include in the math.

Cumulatively it all boils down to the real math: how many quality players does your roster of 85 include?

And fueled in part by transfers, we have had an uptick in the total number of former high school 4 Star players on the roster.

We had 18 for our first Citrus Bowl trip.

We had 29 this past season.

I won’t do the math for 2023 until nearer the season, but we will likely have 30 or more out of 85 for 2023.

I know everyone is concerned that NIL is hurting us, but we seem to be progressing even with it in place. So far, we have 7 frosh signees at the Rivals 4 Star level: and four times 7 equals 28 (assuming four successive classes with seven 4 Star players) . . . then add our now annual transfer haul of 2, or 3 or 4 former four stars to the math, and you suddenly see a whole lot of top-notch players competing for slots.

How far can this method of recruiting carry us?

I don’t know for certain, but it looks like Stoops and company are playing the hand dealt them about as good as we could hope, two years and three recruiting classes into NIL.

If you’re worried the program has plateaued under Stoops’ care, for the first time in many decades, you can do something tangible about it: pony up some money to help the NIL collectives.

Last edited:
Everybody is pretty unsure what college football is going to look like in 10 years, but from the last two-three years, I think we can see the method Coach Stoops and his Staff are headed in attacking the challenges.

We are focusing a huge effort on landing transfer players. About a quarter to one-third of new players the last two-three seasons have been transfers. Not a record, but Georgia has only one incoming transfer so far this year.

Doing this makes our freshman recruiting class look more modest in total numbers and suppresses our “score” for the recruiting class: we are 36th, right now, on Rivals, but 33 of those ranked ahead of us have more freshman signees. Eleven programs ranked ahead of us have fewer Four Star recruits. The scoring system is heavily tilted toward classes that have at least 20 or more players to include in the math.

Cumulatively it all boils down to the real math: how many quality players does your roster of 85 include?

And fueled in part by transfers, we have had an uptick in the total number of former high school 4 Star players on the roster.

I won’t do the math for 2023 until nearer the season, but we will likely have 30 or more out of 85 for 2023.

I know everyone is concerned that NIL is hurting us, but we seem to be progressing even with it in place. So far, we have 7 frosh signees at the Rivals 4 Star level: and four times 7 equals 28 (assuming four successive classes with seven 4 Star players) . . . then add our now annual transfer haul of 2, or 3 or 4 former four stars to the math, and you suddenly see a whole lot of top-notch players competing for slots.

I don’t know for certain, but it looks like Stoops and company are playing the hand dealt them about as good as we could hope, two years and three recruiting classes into NIL.

If you’re worried the program has plateaued under Stoops’ care, for the first time in many decades, you can do something tangible about it: pony up some money to help the NIL collectives.
I wouldn’t donate my neighbors money much less my own. These spoiled kids are getting a free education and the benefits that go with it. The ncaa screwed this up but no school will get any hard earned money of mine at any time from now on. I hope we win every game but if we don’t , oh well, it’s just a game. More important things in my life now.

Reactions: IFerg1969 and K86
I wouldn’t donate my neighbors money much less my own. These spoiled kids are getting a free education and the benefits that go with it. The ncaa screwed this up but no school will get any hard earned money of mine at any time from now on. I hope we win every game but if we don’t , oh well, it’s just a game. More important things in my life now.
Not college football anymore. Semi pro with free agency. Perhaps a few study for degrees, too, but still pro athletes.

How far can this take us? Well I see us competing for 10 win season with this model and I’m tickled plum to death about it. Lol. Also, with the playoff spots increasing, I see us competing for one of those spots every single year. We won’t make it every year but with the extra money that’s being paid for these wins, and actually just making these big games, I definitely see Mark doing everything in his power to get there.

I love Kentuckys fight-toughness on the field when they’re confident and our Defense has been fantastic, at least good enough for us to win most games we play. Or have a legitimate chance! Now with a Coen back, a really good Quarterback, some of most talented receivers and tight ends I’ve saw at Kentucky, I think we’re going in the right direction. Of course I k ow we’re not there yet but I do believe we’re very close to being a top ten team every single year. If so, we have just as good a chance to keep improving and winning some very big games. I’m not satisfied but I’m proud to say I’m Kentucky Football fan. Always was, but now my chest sticks out a little more. Ha.

As a side, I do believe Kentucky Football has become more Cool in the eyes of younger players and college players alike. I’m not sure how much that will help us, but it sure doesn’t hurt for players to want to wear those Blue and White uniforms. Also, we have some respect by the brand now so that’s definitely helps. This is all my own personal opinion of course here but I do love what’s happening here. Thanks Hack

Last edited:
Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT