ADVERTISEMENT

Issel and Louie on ESPN Radio

ala_kat2

All-SEC
Jan 4, 2003
Louisville, KY
SIAF: If you’re tired of listening to Matt Jones, try listening to the Issel and Louie (not Dampier) radio show during the same time slot at ESPN Radio (I listen via IHeart). They have interesting topics and guest interviews. Issel is very entertaining but has keen unbiased insights.
ESPN 680 am, 105.7 Fm in Louisville

Last edited:
If they bring up the Kyle Tucker article, give us the rundown.

SIAF: If you’re tired of listening to Matt Jones, try listening to the Issel and Louie (not Dampier) radio show during the same time slot at ESPN Radio (I listen via IHeart). They have interesting topics and guest interviews. Issel is very entertaining but has keen unbiased insights.
Call letters?

My issue with KSR is all the non sports junk. I know Matt says thats what drives phone calls and traffic, whereas when they talk sports the phones are silent. That's because people just want to listen to them discuss the Cats. Asking people opionated things drives people to call in. And I don't care what Lou Bob in Salvisa's take is on favorite food. I want to hear what is going on with UK football, basketball, and baseball.

My issue with KSR is all the non sports junk. I know Matt says thats what drives phone calls and traffic, whereas when they talk sports the phones are silent. That's because people just want to listen to them discuss the Cats. Asking people opionated things drives people to call in. And I don't care what Lou Bob in Salvisa's take is on favorite food. I want to hear what is going on with UK football, basketball, and baseball.
THIS!!! Drives me absolutely insane when he says that garbage.

Thanks, I'll have to check it out.

Thanks for this recommendation. I will do that. Both Issel and Dampier are from my days of growing up rooting their UK teams on to many victories, and I am sure they have great guests and provide super insights and analysis that can make this season and team more meaningful.

A word on KSR...I attended one of their live shows long ago and came away impressed with both their ability to fill a void in a very entrepreneurial, American way, using their learned radio skills and gift of gab to conduct a reasonably good program, and also to give us fans insights to various teams covered.

However, it seemed that soon after that, I noticed a lack of a plan for each day that was fueled by a lack of doing any homework at all...no preparation, no insights, asking questions on air that they should've been able to know and answer, and generally not giving their fans a good understanding of things happening in UK sports. Instead, they resorted to knuckleheaded stuff that simply has not been funny, clever, or insightful, much of it not even related to UK. I could continue with a long list of things they should change, namely Matt Jones himself...but it is his show, and apparently his idea to have it in the first place. I thought they were very good at one time but kind of lost their way. Nowadays, there is simply too much drivel and certainly not a focus on callers or much of anything else to keep me as a faithful listener.

So, a change of radio stations is just about right.

Thanks for this recommendation. I will do that. Both Issel and Dampier are from my days of growing up rooting their UK teams on to many victories, and I am sure they have great guests and provide super insights and analysis that can make this season and team more meaningful.

A word on KSR...I attended one of their live shows long ago and came away impressed with both their ability to fill a void in a very entrepreneurial, American way, using their learned radio skills and gift of gab to conduct a reasonably good program, and also to give us fans insights to various teams covered.

However, it seemed that soon after that, I noticed a lack of a plan for each day that was fueled by a lack of doing any homework at all...no preparation, no insights, asking questions on air that they should've been able to know and answer, and generally not giving their fans a good understanding of things happening in UK sports. Instead, they resorted to knuckleheaded stuff that simply has not been funny, clever, or insightful, much of it not even related to UK. I could continue with a long list of things they should change, namely Matt Jones himself...but it is his show, and apparently his idea to have it in the first place. I thought they were very good at one time but kind of lost their way. Nowadays, there is simply too much drivel and certainly not a focus on callers or much of anything else to keep me as a faithful listener.

Exactly, I did the same thing and was ok with it back then but things took a turn for the worse and I stopped listening... Have not missed a thing...

The Louie is not Dampier, it's Louie Rabaut

Reactions: ala_kat2
OP, thanks for this. Been looking for a real UK/sports radio talk show for some time. Big fan of The Horse as well. Wish he were UK's AD but, oh well. I'll give it a listen.

Reactions: ala_kat2
OP, thanks for this. Been looking for a real UK/sports radio talk show for some time. Big fan of The Horse as well. Wish he were UK's AD but, oh well. I'll give it a listen.
They don’t always talk UK/UL sports as they also talk horse racing as they did from Santa Anita race track in California on Thursday. But, I like Issel’s bluntness and sense of humor. Of course, he is the greatest to ever play for the Bug Blue!

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT