ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Deener acknowledging Jurich bullied their radio station

Any media heads can save it. I don't even care IF you did release info I'd like see.

The media in Louisville allowed that man to run rampant no the institution , the city, and the taxpayers across the state. They said nothing, all while he was running his operation in clear violation of ethics (and law) as far as I'm concerned.

Now that everyone is seeing how corrupt the situation is, the media of Louisville are running out screaming the loudest as if they had no idea their job was to report these things to the taxpayers. You're not on our side, you're not on the people's side. The media is the single biggest institution of corruption in the US, and it extends down to a POS like this.

Countless media heads in Louisville could have wrote extensively on this, making Louisville shame their claim to journalism lore, but they chose instead to cover FOR the corruption and enjoy their agenda playing out. How have I seen this before?

To hell with all of them, this is why the media has a lower satisfactory rating than congress.

Any media heads can save it. I don't even care IF you did release info I'd like see.

The media in Louisville allowed that man to run rampant no the institution , the city, and the taxpayers across the state. They said nothing, all while he was running his operation in clear violation of ethics (and law) as far as I'm concerned.

Now that everyone is seeing how corrupt the situation is, the media of Louisville are running out screaming the loudest as if they had no idea their job was to report these things to the taxpayers. You're not on our side, you're not on the people's side. The media is the single biggest institution of corruption in the US, and it extends down to a POS like this.

Countless media heads in Louisville could have wrote extensively on this, making Louisville shame their claim to journalism lore, but they chose instead to cover FOR the corruption and enjoy their agenda playing out. How have I seen this before?

To hell with all of them, this is why the media has a lower satisfactory rating than congress.
To any Louisville media people looking in...PLEASE read Morg's post...then read it AGAIN. And in case you don't understand...Morg is the Hammer...YOU are the nail...
giphy.gif

Louisville media is full of clowns...

This is nothing more than a smear campaign just like the Board of Trustees. Face it, Deener is a huge UK fan and always has been. His son is named after Cawood Ledford God's sake. Nothing about that man supports or supported UofL. If and when a true Cards fan such as Howie Lindsey starts saying this stuff, I may start to believe it. For now a UK talk show host and a UK board telling me this stuff doesn't hit home with me. They are just trying to tarnish Tom's legacy and ensure he doesn't return. It's sad really.

So, you’re one of those guys that think UL, Pitino, and Jurich were all framed, and they’re all innocent of all of these allegations? Give me a friggin break.

So, now that Jurich is gone, that same bunch of media WOOSIES wants everyone to feel sorry for them because they lost ALL of their Journalistic integrity?

You are ABSOLUTELY correct @morgousky!!!!

I can't blame the media for not reporting the bad that went on at Louisville. At first I thought they were to blame. After reading what Deener and others have said they were being threatened. If they went against Jurich they would have lost their job and possibly their life. They were looking at loosing their job and probably not being able to find another because Jurich would have made sure of that. They would have been homeless and living on the street.

I wonder how much of the missing money Jurich paid to these media guys, perhaps the police and the local paper to kill stories. Like the cheerleader who died from an od in the football dorm or the football players that were shot, lawsuits against the UL Athletic Dept and on and on.

What will hit home with me? We had two rogue assistants that caused all of the "NCAA issues". Quite frankly, we are getting hosed by the NCAA for some hookers that cost less than $10K and by and Adidas sting in which the FBI has cleared us and Brian Bowen. If it weren't for the overreaction of our current board, Bowen would be playing right now as he was cleared of any wrong doing. Look at UNC. Their cheating is rampant and off of the charts yet they got nothing. Sorry, but we are getting screwed plain and simple.
This dude is a UK fan pretending to be a UL fan. You can see right through him

What will hit home with me? We had two rogue assistants that caused all of the "NCAA issues". Quite frankly, we are getting hosed by the NCAA for some hookers that cost less than $10K and by and Adidas sting in which the FBI has cleared us and Brian Bowen. If it weren't for the overreaction of our current board, Bowen would be playing right now as he was cleared of any wrong doing. Look at UNC. Their cheating is rampant and off of the charts yet they got nothing. Sorry, but we are getting screwed plain and simple.
I thought you were a UK fan before and this absolutely seals it.

This is nothing more than a smear campaign just like the Board of Trustees. Face it, Deener is a huge UK fan and always has been. His son is named after Cawood Ledford God's sake. Nothing about that man supports or supported UofL. If and when a true Cards fan such as Howie Lindsey starts saying this stuff, I may start to believe it. For now a UK talk show host and a UK board telling me this stuff doesn't hit home with me. They are just trying to tarnish Tom's legacy and ensure he doesn't return. It's sad really.

Where you been man?! You waited this long to come back here?? So many things have happened!

So who setup the payment? I'm dying to know, since Pitino didn't know anything about it.

You're simply awesome. Your mastery of trolling makes our own Brushy Bill look like an amateur.

Your excellent parody of a UL fan with his head planted firmly in his ass is spot on.

Bravo to you, good sir.

I can't blame the media for not reporting the bad that went on at Louisville. At first I thought they were to blame. After reading what Deener and others have said they were being threatened. If they went against Jurich they would have lost their job and possibly their life. They were looking at loosing their job and probably not being able to find another because Jurich would have made sure of that. They would have been homeless and living on the street.

For the most part I agree with this ^. There ‘should’ have been a few members of the local media with enough credibility to come clean about Jurich (and Pitino for that matter) without fearing for their jobs but they were UL / Jurich / Pitino ass kissers and that’s putting it mildly. I’ve worked for power hungry ass holes in my life and I know how it feels to have a good job that can be unfairly yanked away when you have kids and financial obligations to worry about that cause you to swallow your pride. I’ve never had to deal with scum like Jurich but i’ve seen and heard some of the crap he’s pulled year after year after year and I never could believe that he got away with soooooo much. The man’s a bad person. I hope he gets exposed and I think that day may finally come.

Reactions: mailman85 and kat57

This is BS.

The media has a job to do, and they have multiple outlets to release information anonymously. Jurich isn't a national figure, he's essentially an unknown to the rest of the country.

If these media types felt so terrfied that they couldn't report the facts to the people, which I believe zero, take it to someone above him. They wouldn't have had to look far.

This is covering one's ass, after covering for corrupion because most of these people enjoyed the results. They simply want to walk away with journalistic integrity after all of this and that's not possible. There is no integrity in journalism anymore.

This is BS.

The media has a job to do, and they have multiple outlets to release information anonymously. Jurich isn't a national figure, he's essentially an unknown to the rest of the country.

If these media types felt so terrfied that they couldn't report the facts to the people, which I believe zero, take it to someone above him. They wouldn't have had to look far.

This is covering one's ass, after covering for corrupion because most of these people enjoyed the results. They simply want to walk away with journalistic integrity after all of this and that's not possible. There is no integrity in journalism anymore.
Morg, who were they going to take it to, Ramsey?

To think this didn't happen is whats really sad.TARNISH TOM'S LEGACY................Really,that ship has already sailed.
Ship sailed my azz..... that ship was blown to pieces by kamikaze pilot Tom J when he didn’t have to kahones to fire Pitino the first time he swerved out the the main channel.

I don’t understand how Deener can defend Juruch when he acknowledges Jurich hired the hack to go after him and other members of the media. Sorry Deener but you come across weak and ineffectual.

Reactions: mailman85
This is BS.

Where I would disagree with you is that "anonymously" is not how journalists are supposed to do things. Use of an anonymous source that is not verified or verifiable will get you fired.

Further...like Volvano said...these people Jurich are threatening are not making any money. He said he was getting 30K for one of his gigs. They do this, and this includes the on the air sports guys at the local TV channels....often for almost free. They just want to get their face on Teevee and are hoping to get picked up by a larger station or in a larger market for a paycheck. Radio....same thing. So it is not a good idea to get in trouble by rocking the boat with a powerful guy like Jurich. You will lose that fight 100 percent of the time even if you were right.

The ones who deserve criticism are the CJ. But look at the train wreck they have become. Some of that is their own fault. They alienated so much of their customer base who actually read a news paper and then you add in new media. So even they are trying to cover their own ass by not doing their job which would alienate the other half of their base. When your industry has moved into advocacy rather than journalism you get what we see at the CJ. Failure.

Deener is a tool. He was used and abused and a prick on air while Jurich oversaw it all. He fit right in with the folks that employed him. I called his show several times because it was the only sports radio show on in the morning on my way to work. He had no problem being a donkey any time someone said the exact same thing he is accusing of Jurich of after the fact.
Don't know who is worse him or Dave Jennings...both complete a holes

Reactions: mailman85
If only there was a local journalist with a national platform, say ESPN or Yahoo Sports, that could have exposed the story without fear of reprisal from Jurich. Of course, said person would need their own set of ethics and a backbone :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Agree on the uncheat part, but please don't come here still pleading your innocence...U6 has been dirty for a long time both morally and with fiscal responsibility to the university and the taxpayers...you both should be on the death penalty.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
This is BS.

I could not agree more. Well said. The Courier Journal is the biggest culprit because the last I heard they are owned by the Gannett Company which is a national organization. They could not care less about Tom Jurich. So any threat by Jurich to the Courier Journal would mean Gannett could and would come after him with both guns blazing. Gannett could go national with his threat and destroy him in a week. But no they remained silent and by doing so enabled him.

Contrast that with the Lexington Herald which spends most of its waking hours trying to dig up dirt on the UK athletic program. They won a Pulitzer Prize for their efforts back in the 1980's and have been hard at work ever since digging in the bushes. The Louisville media enabled this mess UL got itself into and any covering their rear end falls on deaf ears. They are not journalist that are cheer leaders.

You are crying on the wrong board. Why not take this to the North Carolina board and ask them how they could get away with the biggest fraud in sports history and poor ole UL gets screwed. They might be able to help. Our fans can't help you because 99% of us think you deserve the death penalty.

A cheater like UNC may have some tips you can follow.
This!!!! Birds of a feather. In the AllCheatersConference you are not the big dog like you were in all the mid level conferences before.

Where is BILLY BOY REED:joy::joy::joy::cool2::cool2:[roll]

My you UL Fans really are clueless,I never thought a whole group of people could be so brainwashed and ignorant,but there is living proof in Louisville

For the most part I agree with this ^. There ‘should’ have been a few members of the local media with enough credibility to come clean about Jurich (and Pitino for that matter) without fearing for their jobs but they were UL / Jurich / Pitino ass kissers and that’s putting it mildly. I’ve worked for power hungry ass holes in my life and I know how it feels to have a good job that can be unfairly yanked away when you have kids and financial obligations to worry about that cause you to swallow your pride. I’ve never had to deal with scum like Jurich but i’ve seen and heard some of the crap he’s pulled year after year after year and I never could believe that he got away with soooooo much. The man’s a bad person. I hope he gets exposed and I think that day may finally come.
Matt Jones did..

Where I would disagree with you is that "anonymously" is not how journalists are supposed to do things. Use of an anonymous source that is not verified or verifiable will get you fired.

Further...like Volvano said...these people Jurich are threatening are not making any money. He said he was getting 30K for one of his gigs. They do this, and this includes the on the air sports guys at the local TV channels....often for almost free. They just want to get their face on Teevee and are hoping to get picked up by a larger station or in a larger market for a paycheck. Radio....same thing. So it is not a good idea to get in trouble by rocking the boat with a powerful guy like Jurich. You will lose that fight 100 percent of the time even if you were right.

The ones who deserve criticism are the CJ. But look at the train wreck they have become. Some of that is their own fault. They alienated so much of their customer base who actually read a news paper and then you add in new media. So even they are trying to cover their own ass by not doing their job which would alienate the other half of their base. When your industry has moved into advocacy rather than journalism you get what we see at the CJ. Failure.

I'm not saying they are anonymous themselves to the person they are whistle blowing to. This is a very important aspect in media. Without it nothing would be reported.

These media types in Louisville allowed the worst violations I've seen at a university go unchecked. Now they want to run out of the house screaming fire. It doesn't work that way.

It’s been said countless times in this thread, yet people are still getting pissed at a parody account.

Come on folks.

ADVERTISEMENT