ADVERTISEMENT

Is there any sound sweeter?

Priest on the Vol network was about to cry. Kessling sounded embarassed. They seemed to be saying UT just played poorly; hardly an acknowledgement that the better team won.

They will Never Admit that we were the better team. We should have beaten these Turds for last 3 or 4 yrs. we have crapped the bed. Well today we didn’t and see what happened. I hate those loser

The loudest it got in there yesterday was the booing raining down on JG. It was a thing of beauty. Like a poster said above, we’ve had their number the 3 out of 4 years and they still think that they are an elite in the SEC. Truth be known now, they are a bottom feeder and the elites look at them with a check mark in the win box preseason. They are NOT an elite and have been pretty irrelevant since Fat Phil was fired.

Reactions: THE_OAK and cat89jd
Read somewhere R/T (a song actually written by a Kentuckian) was only played 8 times all day. I think that's a GREAT accomplishment myself
I've always heard that song was written by a Kentuckian So I looked it up on the internet recently and learned that was not the case Made me feel better!

Reactions: cat89jd
Priest and Kessling are lovers. You didn’t know that?
No, I knew that and that's normal. What irked me was they gave very little credit to UK. We hear Tom Leach rave about opponents who play well and beat us. I will say in fairness that Kessling did sound impressed with UK's O line a couple of times. Priest was just disgusted and dreaded playing Bama next.

I've always heard that song was written by a Kentuckian So I looked it up on the internet recently and learned that was not the case Made me feel better!
My bad. I thought the Osborne Brothers--born in Leslie County--wrote it. They were the first to record it and made it famous but someone else wrote it.

Reactions: FHCat81
My bad. I thought the Osborne Brothers--born in Leslie County--wrote it. They were the first to record it and made it famous but someone else wrote it.
I always thought the same thing. Suspect a lot of Kentuckians make this assumption as well.

Read somewhere R/T (a song actually written by a Kentuckian) was only played 8 times all day. I think that's a GREAT accomplishment myself
Rocky Top was not written by a Kentuckian. It was written by husband and wife songwriting duo Felice and Boudleaux Bryant in 1967, and was recorded by the Osborne Brothers later the same year.
Boudleaux was born in Georgia and Felice was from Milwaukee.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT