ADVERTISEMENT

Letcher Co shooting

That is the rumor but no way yet to tell if its true. That said it sure seems true because of the extreme circumstances.

One thing to keep in mind 16+ is legal sge of consent in ky. There is an exception for position of power that can push that up to 18, but im not sure if that covers a position of power outside the youth's normal life.

That said, morally its obviously out of bounds. Its just important to differentiate morality from legality. Again if its even true.

Lets say shes of age - is killing someone really solving the issue? Now your daughter's life is ruined by the loss of her father and the national attention given to the situation that could've been otherwise contained to the local area.

Full disclosure - i did know the judge but not well.
That being said if it was my daughter I would have done the same thing, just not at the court house. I would have made them work to prove it at least.

The nearby perry county Commonwealth attorney was recently sentenced in federal court for trading sexual favors and drugs for favorable treatment.

Would not be surprised to see the feds checking for a connection. Who knows if there is one, or if its just separate people in power abusing said power separately.

And before the predictable comments about sexism etc.....you might want to check about the perry county situation.
Hope they send him to Eddyville, but not likely.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Where did you see that?

Trial court review. They are on at least Facebook if not other socials. Very connected former lawyer that typically reports on jury verdicts etc and is a go-to for legal news.

They have a very detailed post up that gives play by play of the video.

A person i know there said the entire day was normal up till then. They even had lunch together or at least at the same place. So whatever triggered this mustve came into knowledge after lunch.

Edit to add the trial court review just posted about the lunch.

That being said if it was my daughter I would have done the same thing, just not at the court house. I would have made them work to prove it at least.

His statement "they took my wife and daughter from me" will hurt his jury nullification. That sounds like revenge instead of a father's justice.

His lawyer can spin it but that really hurts.

On another note, the seemingly normal lunch helps contest the murder first. The short time lapse lends itself to emotion rather than premeditation.

Couple things:

1. "Never tell a man how to use his grill." - Lot of people are shitty grillers. I don't subscribe to this one.

2. Why not just beat the hell out of him, take some assault charges, and send his ass to jail for a long time? Easily get those thrown our or reduced due to the nature of the case.. Considering he's a former judge, and probably put a bunch of those dudes in there, that swarmy weirdo would be living a personal hell in prison. Ending it like that just lets him off easy.

Last edited:
Trial court review. They are on at least Facebook if not other socials. Very connected former lawyer that typically reports on jury verdicts etc and is a go-to for legal news.

A person i know there said the entire day was normal up till then. They even had lunch together or at least at the same place. So whatever triggered this mustve came into knowledge after lunch.

Makes one wonder what he saw on the judges phone. Something he saw seems to make him snap like text messages or pictures.

Then he should have gone to KSP or the FBI.
Just shooting him dead works well though. That is… if you think he should be dead and don’t have the confidence he/the system would do it. I mean…

Kentucky fans made sure that ref didn’t ref another Kentucky game. Sometimes ya just gotta handle your own business, right?

In other words, don’t **** my wife or I’ll kill ya. Or at least after ya **** her get her to **** me too.

• Haha
It shouldn't be lost in this that he shot the guy who would have arraigned him. I'm sure the Administrative Office of the Courts is not too thrilled to have to find a replacement judge. There don't tend to be a lot of retired or special status judges who would be excited to move down to Letcher County for a few months to deal with that docket while they give (I guess) the Governor's office the opportunity to appoint someone to the position.

Eastern Kentucky is always a, uh, unique place. This last few weeks have been something else.

Maybe this is the cause. If full moons drive people crazy, a second moon might make people stark raving nuts like in A Clash of Kings.

Reactions: pretzel__logic
Couple things:

1. "Never tell a man how to use his grill." - Lot of people are shitty grillers. I don't subscribe to this one.

I get that but I’m still not saying anything. Just like I ain’t messing with a dudes wife just because he ain’t getting it done at home.

That’s not how justice works. In fact, your attitude is a perfect example of how a juried system of “justice” is flawed. That was premeditated murder and you want him let go because the ends justified the means?
The idea of a crime of passion is pretty old, long predating us.

If (just speculating) a man learned that another man had been with his underage daughter and that man immediately acted on his anger…many people would view it differently than killing in cold blood.

That’s not how justice works. In fact, your attitude is a perfect example of how a juried system of “justice” is flawed. That was premeditated murder and you want him let go because the ends justified the means?
No, but I understand why he did it and I have no sympathy for child predators. I prefer to save the tax dollars. I also know people with connections like a judge can get off and that’s not justice either. I hate watching killers like Casey Anthony go free.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
The idea of a crime of passion is pretty old, long predating us.

If (just speculating) a man learned that another man had been with his underage daughter and that man immediately acted on his anger…many people would view it differently than killing in cold blood.
I understand the nuance that you and many are implying. But to think that what the did was justified, whatever the motive, is just flat wrong. He acted as judge, jury, and executioner and to be honest as a sheriff he, more than most, should know that isn’t any one persons place.

Reactions: pretzel__logic
No, but I understand why he did it and I have no sympathy for child predators. I prefer to save the tax dollars. I also know people with connections like a judge can get off and that’s not justice either. I hate watching killers like Casey Anthony go free.

So as long as they kill a “child predator” you don’t mind them walking free, as opposed to other killers? Lord help us all.

Reactions: Hank Camacho
A lot of rumors but the only thing confirmed is that the sheriffs dept. was under investigation for sex crimes

Noticed a later trial court review post clarified that lunch to closer match the description I was given and posted about. They didn't have lunch together but in the same group. Still indicates whatever triggered this happened after.

I do understand the situation but to me I see this, if true, as a gross age gap rather than child predator. She is a sr in highschool iirc. Girls that age routinely have sexual activity its just usually with someone age appropriate.

So it was really more of an embarrassment/ revenge situation because he was the bailiff for years prior to being sheriff.

Im still curious about "they" in the sheriff only statement that took his wife and daughter.

Noticed a later trial court review post clarified that lunch to closer match the description I was given and posted about. They didn't have lunch together but in the same group. Still indicates whatever triggered this happened after.

I do understand the situation but to me I see this, if true, as a gross age gap rather than child predator. She is a sr in highschool iirc. Girls that age routinely have sexual activity its just usually with someone age appropriate.

So it was really more of an embarrassment/ revenge situation because he was the bailiff for years prior to being sheriff.

Im still curious about "they" in the sheriff only statement that took his wife and daughter.
According to a couple things I’ve seen on the internet the word is he raped his daughter. I don’t know how long it went on for. Apparently they accidentally switched phones at that lunch and he had stuff with her on the phone and that’s when he found out and snapped. I guess we will all find out later on but that’s the word in town.

Pot luck lunches to celebrate birthdays, etc. are common in courthouses in small towns and usually, if they can, all the elected officials attend for obvious reasons. Plus judges and sheriffs have to work together closely because the sheriff is responsible for courthouse security and the bailiffs are (to my understanding) all sheriff's deputies.

I don't take much from the fact that there is a report they were seen eating together with others. That just sounds like a regular Thursday in a courthouse in a small town to me.

According to a couple things I’ve seen on the internet the word is he raped his daughter. I don’t know how long it went on for. Apparently they accidentally switched phones at that lunch and he had stuff with her on the phone and that’s when he found out and snapped. I guess we will all find out later on but that’s the word in town.

I havent heard anything about a non consensual situation. I would be shocked if that was true. Plus that doesn't really fit the sole statement he made.

One person told me they heard the judge was talking to the fbi about the sheriff for some investigation. Was that tied to the home incarceration type thing? Was it true at all?

This could be national news for a bit due to the intrigue.

Pot luck lunches to celebrate birthdays, etc. are common in courthouses in small towns and usually, if they can, all the elected officials attend for obvious reasons. Plus judges and sheriffs have to work together closely because the sheriff is responsible for courthouse security and the bailiffs are (to my understanding) all sheriff's deputies.

I don't take much from the fact that there is a report they were seen eating together with others. That just sounds like a regular Thursday in a courthouse in a small town to me.

Yes indeed. That was to the point i made. Everything was normal until the shooting. So whatever happened that seemingly made him snap happened in between.

Hes charged with murder first which indicates premeditation. So there might well be more to it.

I havent heard anything about a non consensual situation. I would be shocked if that was true. Plus that doesn't really fit the sole statement he made.

One person told me they heard the judge was talking to the fbi about the sheriff for some investigation. Was that tied to the home incarceration type thing? Was it true at all?

This could be national news for a bit due to the intrigue.

Yes indeed. That was to the point i made. Everything was normal until the shooting. So whatever happened that seemingly made him snap happened in between.

Hes charged with murder first which indicates premeditation. So there might well be more to it.

But he killed a pedo so that makes it ok, pre meditated or not, at least according to some.

Our court system may not be perfect, some might say far from it, but it is miles better than most. It’s not up to each individual to decide if a crime has been committed, the punishment and how to carry it out without due process. A member of law enforcement should know that better than anyone.

Also, too many people are basing their opinions solely on what they have read online as if it is the gospel. I don’t know what that judge did but he has been already convicted of a crime that may or may not be true. I sincerely hope none of you do something that pisses someone else off enough that they take matters in their hands.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT