ADVERTISEMENT

Is there a Bill Walton fan club?

After watching a game he calls I feel like the Moderator from Billy Madison is going to pop up on the TV and say
"Mr Walton, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul."

I used to enjoy his antics and up until this season didn't mind listening to him, but he is getting a little dry with me. I miss the old guys Curt Gowdy, Al McQuire, Keith Jackson, Hubie Brown(still in it I know but barely) even monotone John Ferguson at least they were impartial. It would be a breath of fresh air for them to just leave their bias out it all kinda started with Billy Packer as the first homer I really noticed.

Any of us who takes a single thing Walton says seriously is missing a lot of fun. He's pure and simple an entertainer. A funny, empty headed, Barbra Strieshand.

I was watching one of the holiday tournaments a couple years ago with Walton and John Sciambi announcing. Walton made the comment about how he just met Sciambi and was enjoying working with him, Sciambi said "you know we've met like three times". It was great, Walton is the best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT