ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas NIL

FtWorthCat

Senior
Aug 21, 2001
Ft. Worth, TX
I've always said few schools could compete in NIL if Arkansas ever goes all-in. They already have a basketball arena named after a Walton. Jerry Jones, the richest man in sports, and all of his heirs went to Arkansas. Plus you've got JB Hunt trucking and Tyson Chicken right in their back yard. There is a lot of money in NW Arkansas.

I've always said few schools could compete in NIL if Arkansas ever goes all-in. They already have a basketball arena named after a Walton. Jerry Jones, the richest man in sports, and all of his heirs went to Arkansas. Plus you've got JB Hunt trucking and Tyson Chicken right in their back yard. There is a lot of money in NW Arkansas.
There was plenty of money here but Cal pissed all the big donors off, so they switched to football exclusively.

Everyone thought OAD was going to translate to more than what it did.

I think "NIL" is the current fad and ocean front in Arizona scheme.

I'm not against players getting paid. I just don't think those who exploit it with the biggest baddest "collectives" are necessarily going to dominate.

Just like teams full of max contract NBA players didn't really win titles.

Especially if most collectives are going to be primarily spent on football. Which they will be.

I know a lot of places will have "separate" collectives, but it's all the same money from the same people. Those people are going to write checks and prefer it be spent on football.

Same with fan driven "collectives", even if you're getting some money flow from the common fan, they're going to give to football. I think most places will ultimately struggle to keep any other money specifically for other sports flowing.

I get Walmart, Tyson Foods, Jerry Jones, etc...

But here is what I don't get about Arkansas NIL stuff...

- Why does their football program suck so bad if they have all this money to throw around? Outside of Vandy..who has worse football program than Arkansas over 5-10 years.

And why would I believe the basketball program will get so much more than Musselman was able to get out of the NIL/Booster?

Well, it won't matter unless he changes what he is doing. If he changes then we know he was just stubborn here. No respect if that happens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT