ADVERTISEMENT

Is Oscar trying to get tossed?

Feel like he's being overly aggressive in an attempt to compensate for no PG leading the team.

I like it tbh. Oscar probably sick of being climbed on and don't forget the Mitchell guy is the one that tried to nut tap him at Rupp earlier this year.

He is playing with fire. Both good and bad. I'll take this version of him. He was pissed on that first one and I guarantee you the cameras aren't showing half of what guys do to him during games.

Last edited:
Look I get it, OT has been abused for 2 years here and gets unfair treatment from the refs.

But it only takes one ref one call to toss him from the game.

You guys are thinking with your hearts instead of your heads. OT needs to watch it or he'll get tossed at the wrong time, like late in the second half of an NCAAT game or something.

I think what got Oscar's motor going was that he was completely owned by the big guys from Arky last game. Just like he was super-aggressive vs. Florida the 2nd time.

And he wasn't tossed because the wording of the F2 rule: "during live play"

So the call was a common foul on Arkansas during live play, then a dead ball tech on Oscar.

Reactions: Mike-McD
Oscar may have gone a little overboard today but looks to me he is just trying to defend himself he is attacked in every game.

Oscar is a physical force that don't give a damn. He showed that. Oscar is an enforcer and rough type of player. Got a little Bill Laimbeer dirtiness to him LOL.
It's a natural trait.
I honestly can't wait to see him in the NBA cuz fireworks gonna happen!

I wish this was 1983 or 1993 and we had Oscar going into the NBA...
Goood lord his value is 83' would have been off the charts.

For us to win this game today it had to be a borderline literal fight. The only way we got started early was to not back down or take their hacking.

Toppin said he spoke to OT about the altercation and told him going forward teams will try to get in his head and he needs to keep himself under control. Said Oscar acknowledged and said it won't happen again.

That’s twice to the head in the first half, the first one he got away with an obvious F2.

WTF?
Oscar has had a bad habit of extending his hand into defenses neck and face since he got here. I have always commented during games that we lucky they tend to let most of them slide. Today they didn’t.

It’s just his way of blocking out he keeps his hands high and reaches for and feels for the defender that way on block outs.

Reactions: westerncat
The refs should not allow the leaning and pushing on OT then wouldn't have to extend to get them off. Just because he is 2-4 times bigger/stronger doesn't mean they should be allowed to get an advantage of leaning and pushing. If they wasn't allowed to do that he would probably be un guardable going to the basket.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT