ADVERTISEMENT

Is no news good news as far as Z coming here ?

Funny how you never read about other top basketball programs having an issue like this. Would like to see who the human being is that is worrying about a foreign basketball player enrolling. Barnhart must have little influence on a situation like this. A kid wanting to be here but one little academic thing can't be worked out in some way.

I'd imagine if we don't hear by tomorrow night, he won't play here.

UK looks like clowns right now. I'm embarrassed to be a UK basketball fan with the way these idiots have handled this. You'd think Jerry Reinsdorf was handling the admissions office.
Can't get there. For me, even a bad day as a UK basketball fan is better than a good day as a fan of any other program.

Classes started 3 weeks ago. He is still in Croatia. I don’t see a way they would admit him and have him start classes more than three weeks late.

There are some mid-semester classes that begin in mid October. I guess he could sign up for a few of those. Does anyone know how many hours a player needs to take to be eligible?

Reactions: jauk11
Like, we'll know and they'll be multiple threads the second any news comes out. 3 threads a day asking if there is new is wild.
Know what else is wild? You are, wild man! All these hot takes and encouraging everyone to speak their minds and be independent thinkers. This place would dry up if it weren't for you!

Typical crap. I’m not saying this is solely on Cal but when you recruit a kid you’re supposed to dot your I’s and cross your T’s. Also any college or pro coach’s out there make sure to get some advice from Jimbo Fisher or John Calipari, both have great agents and both are laughing all the way to the bank.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Cal-4-Three
Typical crap. I’m not saying this is on Cal at all but when you recruit a kid you dot your I’s and cross your T’s. All I’m saying any college or pro coaches out there make sure to take advice from Jimbo Fisher or John Calipari, both have great agents and both are laughing all the way to the bank.

So you said it's not on Cal and then proceeded to blame it on Cal lol.

This is on UK admissions. Period. They dropped the ball here.

Classes started 3 weeks ago. He is still in Croatia. I don’t see a way they would admit him and have him start classes more than three weeks late.

There are some mid-semester classes that begin in mid October. I guess he could sign up for a few of those. Does anyone know how many hours a player needs to take to be eligible?
12. Which is usually 3-4 classes depending on hours.

this guy was a calipari propaganda special. He was never gonna play at uk. Just cal attempting to appease the masses with his illusionary magic tricks.” Now you see it, now you don’t”

My guess now is that we will play against big Z. He will end up on a opposing sideline this year. Probably Zags / Kansas / UNC / Arkansas or Tennessee.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
If he doesn't get approved today, he's not coming here, IMO. Just a full system **** up, if it happens. And no, I don't blame Cal. This is not an NCAA issue. All Cal can do is recruit these kids here, and ensure they are cleared by the NCAA on their end. He can't make a GD basketball school make special exceptions for a basketball player. ****in morons.

Last edited:
You think the kid committed then got cold feet at the last second? Maybe it’s all a cover while they try to convince him to come, or to give a reason why he didn’t show up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT