ADVERTISEMENT

Is it time?

Old_Red

All-American
Jun 7, 2001
I think it is time to promote "The On-Desk Circle - Baseball Forum" so that it appears on the pulldown with the other top forums. We have the basketball and recruiting forums which clearly get less traffic from regulars than this forum. The new excitement of the UK Baseball program would seem to justify it.

Is it time?

Not sure. There have been multiple baseball commitments to the Cats for '18 - '20 over the past few weeks and almost NO comment on any.

Posted a couple but to no response. There have been 2-3 in the last 2 weeks or so - and nothing.

If it were basketball / football, there would be discussion all over the board. IMO - to be 'recognized', we need to generate more discussion and topics and not just 'Jay Bruce sucks'.

Not sure. There have been multiple baseball commitments to the Cats for '18 - '20 over the past few weeks and almost NO comment on any.

Posted a couple but to no response. There have been 2-3 in the last 2 weeks or so - and nothing.

If it were basketball / football, there would be discussion all over the board. IMO - to be 'recognized', we need to generate more discussion and topics and not just 'Jay Bruce sucks'.
That is a problem with pinned threads. I missed changes to that pinned thread. I kept looking for new discussions and didn't see any. Baseball recruiting is pretty different than basketball or football. I'm looking for confirmation of when the recruits have made it to campus.

Not directed at you Red, was just a general comment.

Unfortunately, the 'once they reach campus' school of thought is difficult unless you have Twitter or Facebook (which I don't).

Hell, they won't publish the roster until after the first of the year on U.K. Athletics or at least they haven't in the past.

I enjoy this forum but after the season is over, it dies down quickly. Can start adding the commitments to a new thread just to get things going ?

Not directed at you Red, was just a general comment.

Unfortunately, the 'once they reach campus' school of thought is difficult unless you have Twitter or Facebook (which I don't).

Hell, they won't publish the roster until after the first of the year on U.K. Athletics or at least they haven't in the past.

I enjoy this forum but after the season is over, it dies down quickly. Can start adding the commitments to a new thread just to get things going ?
Maybe Mingione can get that changed also.

I think that part of the problem is that there isn't much news about the baseball team until just before and then during the season. Recruiting is hard to follow because you typically have to pay for any service that gives you information about recruits, so few of us can discuss the recruits simply because there isn't much information about them. Even then, we don't know which ones will make it to campus and which ones will head to the minors. So, it is a bit of a different scenario than what you'd get for football and basketball.

Look at the site frequently,disappointed by not many updates or postings. With Mingione our coach, there should be a lot more news and activity to generate traffic.

Reactions: RogerIndy
Good point. I'll see what I can do about that.
JD, while you are at it.....I am dying for some new updates on the stadium. I thought they were going to have a camera(s) like they did for the CWS remodel? Hell, they had three for that, surely they could get one for the new baseball stadium. Can you ask about that too, please?

I think it is time to promote "The On-Desk Circle - Baseball Forum" so that it appears on the pulldown with the other top forums. We have the basketball and recruiting forums which clearly get less traffic from regulars than this forum. The new excitement of the UK Baseball program would seem to justify it.

Is it time?
X100

Is it time?

I couldn't agree more. Baseball is becoming a big time sport at UK!

ADVERTISEMENT