ADVERTISEMENT

Is it realistic to hope for 10/7 out of Bradshaw?

I think that's fair. The points might not always be there, but I'm fine with it because it likely means Shep is hitting triples and making panties drop. Bradshaw is going to get his points on putbacks when our guards are off.

We do need his rebounds though. I'd like to see him get a little more than 7 with how little we have down low. But, if Ugo plays 15 minutes and adds another 5 or 6 rebounds, I'm fine with it. Plus Adou is going snatch a few souls for some rebounds as well haha.

I think he’ll be good for something near that once he fully gets back into shape and gets a good solid feel for the pace of the college game. Imo expecting him to average that for the rest of the season would be to expect him to average much more than that later in the season. Because I don’t expect him start averaging 10/7 any time soon. Maybe by his fourth SEC game he’s creeping up on doing that every night. But I don’t expect him to go super high at the end of the season. So. As asked I don’t think it’s very plausible.

As long as he makes 70% of his FTs I'm fine. Can't trust Cal to make sure the best FT shooters are on the floor in crunch time.
Wow. I know why you are saying that but hating Cal that much is extreme. I will admit if we don’t make the final four this year I am thinking it’s time for him to move on. But outside of Uncw this season is going very well. And yes I do think it was the best choice to have Shepperd be the passer. You want your smartest player and best passer getting the ball in.

Wow. I know why you are saying that but hating Cal that much is extreme. I will admit if we don’t make the final four this year I am thinking it’s time for him to move on. But outside of Uncw this season is going very well. And yes I do think it was the best choice to have Shepperd be the passer. You want your smartest player and best passer getting the ball in.
Still gotta put 5 on the floor that can nail their FTs. That’s day one shit. You can always sub your big back in during the FTs.

From now through the end of the season? Would that be enough for us to get back to the F4, assuming everything else stays on track?
Of course you stated two separate questions, Lou. First, I definitely think it's realistic to expect 10 and 7 out of Bradshaw, based on what we've seen so far. But I don't know about the second part. It's going to take super performances by every player and a lot of luck to overcome CCC on the bench. Just MHO, of course.
And ... whether or not ... GO 'CATS ! ! !

Which is absolutely unreal for a “HOF coach”. It’s definitely true, sadly.

You're smarter than this. The guy you quoted isn't, though. Don't get dragged down to their levels.

Bradshaw needs to play, regardless. We need a big, but unfortunately 7 footers don't shoot free throws well. It comes with the territory. Its not a "cal" thing.

You're smarter than this. The guy you quoted isn't, though. Don't get dragged down to their levels.

Bradshaw needs to play, regardless. We need a big, but unfortunately 7 footers don't shoot free throws well. It comes with the territory. Its not a "cal" thing.
You don’t need a 7 footer in the game if you know you’re going to be fouled immediately. You want your best 5 FT shooters in the game at that point. Never have I seen a coach not do it this way. You can sub your 7 footer in immediately after the foul occurs.

You don’t need a 7 footer in the game if you know you’re going to be fouled immediately. You want your best 5 FT shooters in the game at that point. Never have I seen a coach not do it this way. You can sub your 7 footer in immediately after the foul occurs.

You need him to help with inbound plays. I've never seen a team just empty the bench in favor of 5 guys who shoot free throws well. You need a big and your best guard.

I would have gone with Mitchell taking the ball out. Don’t trust him at the line but I do trust him to inbounds the ball. Having shep inbounds ensures he’s not shooting free throws. Mitchell (taking it out), shep, dilly, reeves and Theiro to inbounds too.

You’ve never seen a team put their 5 best FT shooters on the floor in the last minute? Huh?!

You HAVE to have some size to inbound the ball though. Some big needs to be out there to catch the inbounds if the guard has trouble getting it in. You see it anytime then struggle with the inbounds at any point in a game "put a forward in there to catch the pass and go from there"

*if the inbounds aren't going well, that is.

There is nothing "hating" by saying that Cal is not a good in-game coach. He's not. He wins when he can out-talent the other team. That's not disputable. Most coaches do everything they can to win close games, and at the end of the game if you're leading that means you put in the guys who hit free throws well AND shoot well. That's not Cal. "Hate" is a very strong word that does not belong on this forum.

Bradshaw has two things working against him; he’s a Freshman and he broke his foot in the summer.

Look for him to just get better and better throughout the season and by March to be an immovable force to be reckoned with.

As long as our best players are on the court it won’t be a big deal. Most shoot a decent percentage. It’s more of getting the ball to the right players.
I mean that’s kinda true. That’s not true every year, however. This isn’t Cal’s first time in doing this bonehead move. He’s pulled it off several times before. No, I can’t name particular instances, I just remember him doing it and it makes me livid.

Reactions: Fox2monk
The 7 boards are more important than the 10 points. We got plenty of scorers. Need AB to hit the boards and block 2-3 a game more than we need him as a scorer.

The points will come in the flow of the offense, but I am ok with 2-4 points per if he hits the other marks.

Shaq needed to play too. But he was subbed out in late game situations when his team was being fouled. Any coach with two brain cells to rub together should understand that rudimentary coaching move. The nine million dollar man should know that.

Still gotta put 5 on the floor that can nail their FTs. That’s day one shit. You can always sub your big back in during the FTs.
He hit the free throw that one the game plus you needed his size and soft hands to insure the ball gets into play when all other options are covered.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Shaq needed to play too. But he was subbed out in late game situations when his team was being fouled. Any coach with two brain cells to rub together should understand that rudimentary coaching move. The nine million dollar man should know that.

Shaq was one of the all time worst ft shooters in history. There was a reason they coined the term "hack-a-shaq".

This is a young team that's going to have trouble at times inbounding the ball, you need one player with size to bail out the inbounds. If you want to use someone different, that's fine. Maybe you put adou and tre in there.

But no coach just pulls out all of their size.

Shaq was one of the all time worst ft shooters in history. There was a reason they coined the term "hack-a-shaq".

This is a young team that's going to have trouble at times inbounding the ball, you need one player with size to bail out the inbounds. If you want to use someone different, that's fine. Maybe you put adou and tre in there.

Nobody said pull out all your size. You just want your best FT shooters in the game. Adou would’ve been absolutely fine.

He hit the free throw that one the game plus you needed his size and soft hands to insure the ball gets into play when all other options are covered.
Meh. He went 2-4 late. Left the door open, when it could’ve been nailed shut with a better FT shooter on the floor.

With 11.9 seconds left and the other team desperately fouling, yes he does.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
There is nothing "hating" by saying that Cal is not a good in-game coach. He's not. He wins when he can out-talent the other team. That's not disputable. Most coaches do everything they can to win close games, and at the end of the game if you're leading that means you put in the guys who hit free throws well AND shoot well. That's not Cal. "Hate" is a very strong word that does not belong on this forum.
It may not belong but this board is consumed with Cal hate. That's all the CHC is about. Most of it has nothing to do with basketball.

As far as Cal not being a good "in game" coach, whatever that is?, that an opinion, not a fact. My opinion is far different.

It may not belong but this board is consumed with Cal hate. That's all the CHC is about. Most of it has nothing to do with basketball.

As far as Cal not being a good "in game" coach, whatever that is?, that an opinion, not a fact. My opinion is far different.
No kidding. You're not mentally capable of acknowledging any mistake on his part.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT