ADVERTISEMENT

Is it fair to say...

Mar 16, 2016
if we finish with 9+(I think the number is 11) wins that some of our coaches deserve a raise? I do think if we continue our success this season other teams will pursue some of our coaches.

They would have exceeded preseason expectations and reached a win total that’s rare here, while playing a challenging schedule. Culture is steadily being changed whether some admitted it or not, it’s almost as if they couldn’t see it due to the rate.

But considering what the staff took over program wide, if they got a raise you wouldn’t hear any objections out of me. I’ve watched UK football for decades and this is the best overall health that the programs ever been in. We need to keep the staff we have because it’s working, there is no plausibly better option.

I know if Stoops wins 10 games this year he gets an automatic 2 year extension and a 200,000 dollar bonus if we reach a New Year’s Six Bowl.

No.
No more than what an amazingly good contract already gives him.

Not only do I think UK needs to I think there is several coaches that deserve a raise especially on the defensive side. We have some quality coaches and we are gonna have to pay them.

I'm not saying our coaches should be the highest paid in football, but as Chump said, pay them what the market dictates. If we don't...someone will do it for us.

No raise is needed. He will bring on major incentive money (over $1 million) if he wins 10 games. 2 things:

1. I love his incentive based contract.
2. I hate the addition of 1 year to his contract with 7 wins and 2 years with 10 wins.

Reactions: jnewc2
Not only do I think UK needs to I think there is several coaches that deserve a raise especially on the defensive side. We have some quality coaches and we are gonna have to pay them.

I'm not saying our coaches should be the highest paid in football, but as Chump said, pay them what the market dictates. If we don't...someone will do it for us.
With incentives, Stoops will most likely be a top 10-15 paid coach at the end of the year. If our assistant coaches have incentive based contracts too, they will be paid very well.

I think we fit right into where we should be.

I look for LeBlanc, White and maybe House on D to have other options and possibly Hinshaw on O.

With incentives, Stoops will most likely be a top 10-15 paid coach at the end of the year. If our assistant coaches have incentive based contracts too, they will be paid very well.

I think we fit right into where we should be.

Not so much Stoops getting a raise as some of the assistants.

No.
No more than what an amazingly good contract already gives him.
The raise is already in Stoops’ present contract language, conditioned on the season record among other things.

FYI, Stoops is one of the lowest paid head football coaches in the SEC. The attractiveness of his contract, such as it is, lies in the incentives and security.

Marrow and some other assistant coaches will receive offers from other schools. Either we pay what they are worth, or we lose some to the marketplace.

I look for LeBlanc, White and maybe House on D to have other options and possibly Hinshaw on O.
Marrow, House, Leblanc, White, Hood will have options. Maybe some others. It is fashionable here to be down on our offense. Two weeks from now, that could look completely different.

These are the coaches that come to mind when I think about handing out raises, with the exception of Hinshaw (I'm not sold on him).
Re Hinshaw, I'd argue he found and developed SJ and found and is developing TW. He's an offensive asst, not a coordinator, and I think age wise and career wise, may be in line for a shot at an OC job.

Reactions: The-Hack
Re Hinshaw, I'd argue he found and developed SJ and found and is developing TW. He's an offensive asst, not a coordinator, and I think age wise and career wise, may be in line for a shot at an OC job.

Did he tho? I dont think you could call SJ anything more than a average QB. Alot of heart, but average QB. Maybe SJ had a low ceiling and Hinshaw maxed out his potential. If so, then he done his job. As for TW, The jury is still out on him.

Did he tho? I dont think you could call SJ anything more than a average QB. Alot of heart, but average QB. Maybe SJ had a low ceiling and Hinshaw maxed out his potential. If so, then he done his job. As for TW, The jury is still out on him.
Sure the jury's still out on TW. But I'd go back to comments preseason..TW's high risk. high reward. We saw the risk vs TAM, the reward early in the season. I'll go back to an old Claiborne statement...."if you played well once you can do it again."

Sure the jury's still out on TW. But I'd go back to comments preseason..TW's high risk. high reward. We saw the risk vs TAM, the reward early in the season. I'll go back to an old Claiborne statement...."if you played well once you can do it again."

Can't disagree with the Claiborne statement.

FYI, Stoops is one of the lowest paid head football coaches in the SEC.

According to the link below, that is false. It shows him as the 23rd highest paid coach in the country. That is 7th best in the SEC. Has he done better than being paid 7th in the conference? That is the question. I don't think he really has yet, but you could argue he should be ahead of Muschamp and at 6. This year is looking better, but there are still at least 7 more games to go. I would rather us wait and see how this year and the next play out before talking about a raise for him. I'd like to make sure this year doesn't turn out to be an anomaly and we can show continued success.

What happens if a few key assistants decide to leave and we have a down year trying to break in new ones? I'd rather worry about trying to keep the assistants that we have. I'm sure a few will get offers after the season and who knows if Coach Schlarman will be healthy enough to return next year. Just try to maintain stability and let Coach Stoops worry about getting the incentives in his contract.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT