ADVERTISEMENT

Here’s an Idea . . . “Team” Recruiting!

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
With Gerad Parker at Troy, and Jon Sumrall at Tulane, what’s to keep the three schools/staffs of from cooperating on basic recruiting, transfers “up” and transfers “down.”

Say we have a kid that just doesn’t quite make the cut for joining our freshman class, needs a tad more development, and has no other SEC/P5 offers, but wants to play in the South. Put him in touch with Sumrall and Parker, both in solid Southern sites, where our coaches can watch their development from a far.

And say we end up over-stacked at a position (offensive Guard???), maybe make sure those shy of the three deep get lots of info about Tulane and Troy in making their transfer decisions.

We likely have this going on on a certain level with Sumrall, and I bet our coaches have Parker’s cell phone number and visa/versa.

With Gerad Parker at Troy, and Jon Sumrall at Tulane, what’s to keep the three schools/staffs of from cooperating on basic recruiting, transfers “up” and transfers “down.”

Say we have a kid that just doesn’t quite make the cut for joining our freshman class, needs a tad more development, and has no other SEC/P5 offers, but wants to play in the South. Put him in touch with Sumrall and Parker, both in solid Southern sites, where our coaches can watch their development from a far.

And say we end up over-stacked at a position (offensive Guard???), maybe make sure those shy of the three deep get lots of info about Tulane and Troy in making their transfer decisions.

We likely have this going on on a certain level with Sumrall, and I bet our coaches have Parker’s cell phone number and visa/versa.
I say no to this, if the player can’t cut it at Kentucky then the only option is to send him to Southern Miss in this scenario. Toughen him up and get him ready if, if he can survive Hattiesburg then bring him back 🛩️🔥🍺

if he can survive Hattiesburg then bring him back
And nicknamed “scorched” upon his return!

Then, again, if he didn’t spontaneously combust during August two-a-days, he might have something going on . . . maybe ice water in his veins.

We likely have this going on on a certain level with Sumrall, and I bet our coaches have Parker’s cell phone number a nd visa/versa.

I think it would only work one way. I know/knew a lot of coaches over the years and can't think of one who would want to see his best player leave. So while UK would be happy to sends kis who are not quite SEC level to a lower program to get the scholarship back. I just can't see a coach telling his best player he is too good for his team and sending him to a bigger school.

Reactions: K_TIME
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT