ADVERTISEMENT

Is Diallo Gone?

Is he gone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think there is as much chance of him returning as there is Brad being our starting point guard next season.

Reactions: Titles1
Just my opinion, but the young man should go to the nba! Those numbers are insane! Love him! Thank him for his time at uk! Support his choice even if it is the nba! Best of luck to the kid, but I doubt anyone would advise him----if he was their son--- to come back to uk. I love uk. I would love to see him here. But can anyone honestly say he should stay at uk when the kid is posting historic numbers like that?

Just my opinion, but the young man should go to the nba! Those numbers are insane! Love him! Thank him for his time at uk! Support his choice even if it is the nba! Best of luck to the kid, but I doubt anyone would advise him----if he was their son--- to come back to uk. I love uk. I would love to see him here. But can anyone honestly say he should stay at uk when the kid is posting historic numbers like that?
:joy:[eyeroll]

Reactions: BlueRunner11
I would unquestionably advise him to come back. He got too much to lose by a maybe late first round pick. If those numbers are real he's top 5 a year from now. The likelihood of injury is incredibly small anyway and he can always get insurance. In 2 months he'll go from a 20 to 30 pick in this draft to being projected as a top 5 pick in the next draft. Let's say he's picked 20th. That 4 years guaranteed at about $1.2 million. If he's projected as a top 10 pick next year then he can get insurance policies that payout to about $10 million. What makes Diallo different is that most guys projected at the 20th pick will not move up the following draft. Diallo almost certainly will.

Reactions: KENTUCKY_FLYER

BS. Maybe you should just be a Diallo fan. He was never a wildcat if he leaves. Never.

Seriously wtf with some of you. "If it was your son" yada yada. He's not my son and he's not your son. And plenty of players return. Maybe I'd want my son to gain some experience in college first. Who knows. Who cares. You're on a UK board and supposedly a UK fan.

How about worrying about this program and let these future millionaires and their posse worry about theirs. Let Cal control recruiting talking points. Stop with the self righteous bs. Gets old AF.

BS. Maybe you should just be a Diallo fan. He was never a wildcat if he leaves. Never.

Seriously wtf with some of you. "If it was your son" yada yada. He's not my son and he's not your son. And plenty of players return. Maybe I'd want my son to gain some experience in college first. Who knows. Who cares. You're on a UK board and supposedly a UK fan.

How about worrying about this program and let these future millionaires and their posse worry about theirs. Let Cal control recruiting talking points. Stop with the self righteous bs. Gets old AF.

U r certainly entitled to ur opinion. However, I believe ur opinion to be selfish and short-sighted. This situation should be viewed thru the lens of HD. Not u. Some uk fan! Go on with this garbage and support the kid! Bet money u never said anything similar about Kanter or Kemp! How can u claim he is not a part of the U.K. Family? He certainly is more than u or anyone else on this board--- me included.

I would unquestionably advise him to come back. He got too much to lose by a maybe late first round pick. If those numbers are real he's top 5 a year from now. The likelihood of injury is incredibly small anyway and he can always get insurance. In 2 months he'll go from a 20 to 30 pick in this draft to being projected as a top 5 pick in the next draft. Let's say he's picked 20th. That 4 years guaranteed at about $1.2 million. If he's projected as a top 10 pick next year then he can get insurance policies that payout to about $10 million. What makes Diallo different is that most guys projected at the 20th pick will not move up the following draft. Diallo almost certainly will.
But leaving this year gets him to his second contract a year sooner, (if he improves as much as everyone thinks his draft slot will next year) which is where the real money is.
Having said that, I would love for him to come back!

Last edited:
U r certainly entitled to ur opinion. However, I believe ur opinion to be selfish and short-sighted. This situation should be viewed thru the lens of HD. Not u. Some uk fan! Go on with this garbage and support the kid! Bet money u never said anything similar about Kanter or Kemp! How can u claim he is not a part of the U.K. Family? He certainly is more than u or anyone else on this board--- me included.
I wish we had a dislike button for this post.

He has been gone since January or February. He never had any intention of playing here. I know that's too much for some people to accept but it's true.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
I agree with most of this but Kemp and Kanter were completely different scenarios. I do think Hami helped the team simply by replacing Brad in practice.

Reactions: sefus12
If he can go in the first round, he should go. That's my opinion as a long time Cats fan. And he will be a Cat in my mind, just like Kanter.

This is awful. Kanter wanted to play and would have. Diallo chose not to and used us. Kemp was kicked off.

He's not a Kentucky player. I also don't care one iota about this guy's financial issues as I'm not in his household or a Diallo fan. I'm a Kentucky fan. I don't pretend to care about guys getting rich like some sheep.

Reactions: oldlewisville99
If he can go in the first round, he should go. That's my opinion as a long time Cats fan. And he will be a Cat in my mind, just like Kanter.

How in the world is he a Cat when he didn't play one second and chose NOT to play here unlike Kanter who wanted to?

He scored less points than Landon Slone and has the same amount of minutes at UK as you do.

Reactions: BlueRunner11
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT