ADVERTISEMENT

Is Cal On The Road To Redemption

I hope so. I want this for Cal just as much as I want it for the fans. A second title would cement his legacy as a top-10 coach all time.

It has definitely been nice not hearing him scream the whole game. Not sure Ive heard him once this year.

Reactions: NociHTTP
He’s still CCC. We’ve played two tournament teams now and he’s 1-1. Slow your roll. This probably is his best shot at a final four run - but, ironically, if it happens it will have more to do with a transfer that came because of drunk Huggy, and Reed Shepherd than with Bradshaw, Wagner, or Edwards.
86vc13.jpg

He doesn’t need redemption. Best coach in college basketball.

The CHC will hate him if he goes 40-0.

They found reasons to whine tonight.

Someone else said they live miserable lives.

I’m sure that’s correct.

But I’ve never met one of them in the real world. It’s possible they are only miserable in cyberspace.

Reactions: AllBlueEverything
I think he’ll have to have something that matters at the end of the season, preferably a Final Four, but at least a conference title, to fully get back in most fans’ good graces. I will give him some initial credit though. He does actually seem to be serious about changing our style of play this year, and it’s been fun to watch so far. That’s at least a start.

Yes but if he plays this as condescending to the fan base he is going to make it much more difficult. It is obvious to see he has UK playing a different style.

I think he's on the road, question is does he get distracted or F it up. This team has what it takes to win a title. That's the road.
It seems that he's preoccupied with how to buy time for Bradshaw, and it's clear that he knows people are tired of this crap. I do think that IF one of the bigs comes back, as bad as we need a basket protector, Cal is not going to be able to stay out of his own way. How does he keep a player happy when he's promised to protect them, but also feels he has to appease the bennies?

Reactions: bigbluedon
He’s already snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against Kansass. He tried to slow ball it tonight but they kept going some. He will
never redeem himself but he is a hell of a recruiter and I think UK hangs number 9 this year in spite of CCC. I believe they can barring nothing major happing between here and March. I think this team has the best chance to do it since AD and Co.

He's on the right track, but too many things as yet have to go perfectly.

1. No more injuries
2. Get one of our 7 three footers back
3. Keep playing loosey goosey despite Cal's temptation to tighten up like a bull's ass in fly season

He gets dragged kicking and screaming into the world of modern basketball - and that's a sign of a good coach or redemption? The fact that it took so long tells us how good of a coach he is. If the play on the court is attributable to Welch, then make him head coach and let Cal be the recruiter

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT