ADVERTISEMENT

Is anyone really surprised?

chroix

All-SEC
Jul 22, 2013
Me neither. And that’s the saddest part of all of this. Zero confidence in the coach, AD and staff going forward. It really feels like we can only expect more losing as long as they are the ones running the show.

My UK fanatic son and I both laughed maniacally during the last 5 mins of the game…why? Because we know this HAS to be Cal’s swan-song. So needless to say we’re good with this. If losing the 1st round, losing Reed/Rob/etc but getting a new coach is the outcome; then sign me up.

Last night after the game a friend who used to work in Rupp along with her husband as ushers texted me and said "Wow can you believe it?" I responded I am not surprised a all, even though UK came out in second half focused on stopping Gothlic and with the intent of going inside, their confidence had done eroded and shots they would normally make clanged off the rim, they were playing not to lose instead of playing to win, they were rocked back on their heels from the get go, the first five minutes set the tone for the game and as the announcers said the further along this thing goes the more confident Oakland will be and the less confident UK will be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT