ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa may not score in consecutive Games

I don't know if they go after Stoops if the coach quits. I know coach Stoops has ties to the program, but how happy will the fans be if they bring in another coach that has been inept on the offense most of his career?

There's inept and then there's Iowa this year. If you take out the points that the defense and special teams directly led to, their offense couldn't have averaged 10 points a game. And that is including a few OOC cupcakes where they exploded for 24 offensive points.

• Haha
Reactions: The-Hack and K_TIME
There's inept and then there's Iowa this year. If you take out the points that the defense and special teams directly led to, their offense couldn't have averaged 10 points a game. And that is including a few OOC cupcakes where they exploded for 24 offensive points.
And Vols had 3 of their top 4 DBs out via transfer or injury! Did they play soft n scared??? Hell Nah….

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Stoops isn’t going to ‘take over at Iowa’. Why would they take a step backwards as the current staff is clearly better and has proven it head to head?

Besides Iowa fans would probably riot like TAMU fans did when Stoops wanted to leave here and go coach them .

It was a good showing by the Vols, but that was not the 2nd best team from the Big10. To me what this bowl season has shown is what a big difference there is between the top teams in the Big and SEC. OSU, PSU, WIs, Iowa all lost to SEC teams with 1 matchup left today. I think the Big goes 1-5 with the only win Maryland over Auburn.

Stoops could take over at Iowa and they’d never notice the difference.
I get all of Stooops warts and all…but if people don’t see how Iowa is propped up by playing in the worst p5 division…I don’t know how much more evidence is needed

35-0 …UK played them to a one score nail biter And Tennessee drops four sec games. Iowa is basically carbon copy of Ky…yet rhey are ranked and UK is not close to ranked

• Love
Reactions: The-Hack
To be fair, that wasn't the roster that went 11-1 for OSU. WI played up vs 9-3 LSU, so that was understandable. Iowa's offense is historically awful so if TN managed 14 points they win. PSU was really, imo, the only pretty evenly matched game and Ole Miss handled them.

Imagine being your conference runner-up. And you don’t score in two consecutive games that has to be some kind of a record.
According to the Hawkeye Board, the combined score from Iowa games against the three top 25 teams they played this year (including TN) was 92-0.

• Wow
Reactions: yoshukai
According to the Hawkeye Board, the combined score from Iowa games against the three top 25 teams they played this year (including TN) was 92-0.
Yep. 26-0 v MI, 31-0 v PSU, 35-0 v UT. Damn, that's some kind of bad offensive football. The B10 West had to be the worse division in P5 by a large margin. This year, Iowa would not have won 6 games in either division of the SEC. Would have struggled mightily in the B10 East, Pac 12 and B12, also. Defense can keep you in a lot of games but, at some point, you do have to actually score in order to win, right?

Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT