ADVERTISEMENT

In this piece, Coach White Sounds very Confident in Childress and Afari.

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
There is no question that much is expected of Pop Dumas-Johnson and D’Erick Jackson entering ‘24. Both have tons of experience, and are physical specimens.

Coach White highlights the growth and versatility of Childress and Afari, noting their increased abilities in both run and pass settings,

Honestly afari should've played way more up to this point. Hes literally been one of our best and most sound defenders. Instead his snaps went to the twin who imo wasnt nearly as sharp.
Agree

Why we didn’t line him at deep safety when we had awful safety play from Childress was a head scratcher decision to mr

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
My biggest issue with Brad White is we always revert to being scared.
Our boys literally whipped the Clemson OL over and over I forget how many sacks.... 8, 9? Something like that. Beat up on their QB all game.
And aside from the offense giving Clemson the ball 4 times in a row on our side of the field the game was lost because we decided at the end of the game to do the exact opposite of what had gotten us there.

So with 8 or 9 sacks in a tie game that we should've never been in with the turnovers and we fight our way back and we go prevent and allow them to match down the field with 0 pressure 🤢 that's embarrassing as a coach to think about. hell go down swinging if you're going to go down.

Brad and Stoops play with a chicken shit mentality 90% of the time, when things start getting tight it happens every time it seems. Give up on what got you here in favor of the thing that's cost several games maybe these D coordinators and coaches aren't as smart as they seem.

Hell Coen never did figure out how to actually use Barion Brown. Hint: it's not sideline go routes. Even if you try 6 of them a game on a prayer.

Agree

Why we didn’t line him at deep safety when we had awful safety play from Childress was a head scratcher decision to mr

Jmo but i think theyre playing him like a lb. Wade took alot of his snaps but shouldn't have.

We really need more out of weaver.

I think fearbry is one to watch.

And aside from the offense giving Clemson the ball 4 times in a row on our side of the field the game was lost because we decided at the end of the game to do the exact opposite of what had gotten us there.

Aside four straight turnovers on our end of the field? Thats a pretty big aside.

Also we weren't even playing soft. Our top two cbs were out and Robinson wouldn't play his zone (same as all year).

Fair to question why our roster was in a position for him to ever need to play because they knew all year he was God awful. Defense didn't change. Just a key personnel at the worst time.

Reactions: 3Bluefever325
Hell Coen never did figure out how to actually use Barion Brown. Hint: it's not sideline go routes. Even if you try 6 of them a game on a prayer.
Scang did the same and it drove me crazy. It’s too much of the “pro influence” mentality where QBs can back shoulder throw on the money. It’s almost always a wasted down in college.

You use speed in college running slants, post, cop routes, double moves etc layered across other route trees to pull the safeties up etc…. Hit a dig behind the linebackers and in front of the safety and then use the burners to beat the safety to the gap upfield…break one arm tackle and you’re gone….

Hate them…but UTs offense uses college level talent and WR speed correctly to create long balls/big plays with route trees and foot speed….not just trying to outrun a guy down the sideline and lob it up. Hoping is bringing in a college guy will help get away from some of the pro concepts that don’t translate to college…(like the 1v1 jump ball in the redzone unless you have a stud WR/TEthat is 6’5+ with hops…almost always better to run quick hitters and crossing patterns or shallows to the front pylon)

My biggest issue with Brad White is we always revert to being scared.
Our boys literally whipped the Clemson OL over and over I forget how many sacks.... 8, 9? Something like that. Beat up on their QB all game.

So with 8 or 9 sacks in a tie game that we should've never been in with the turnovers and we fight our way back and we go prevent and allow them to match down the field with 0 pressure 🤢 that's embarrassing as a coach to think about. hell go down swinging if you're going to go down.

Brad and Stoops play with a chicken shit mentality 90% of the time, when things start getting tight it happens every time it seems. Give up on what got you here in favor of the thing that's cost several games maybe these D coordinators and coaches aren't as smart as they seem.

Great points

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT