ADVERTISEMENT

In Pope we hope!

SemperFiCat

All-American
Mar 2, 2009
Central Indy
On I'm board!! It's not sexy, but I think it's solid. Pope seems smart and he got a Mormon school in Utah into a competitive top 25 team. If the boosters can carry some NIL weight, I think we're ok. He's one of our own, and he's basically the opposite of Cal. We'll have team cohesiveness and get guys that aren't already out the door. I know many aren't happy, but we should get many of the things we all complained lacked under Cal. Let's give himna chance. I'm not ecstatic, but I'm good and ready to roll.

In Pope we hope! Let's go!!!

On I'm board!! It's not sexy, but I think it's solid. Pope seems smart and he got a Mormon school in Utah into a competitive top 25 team. If the boosters can carry some NIL weight, I think we're ok. He's one of our own, and he's basically the opposite of Cal. We'll have team cohesiveness and get guys that aren't already out the door. I know many aren't happy, but we should get many of the things we all complained lacked under Cal. Let's give himna chance. I'm not ecstatic, but I'm good and ready to roll.

In Pope we hope! Let's go!!!

I’m supporting Pope! Had the #14 offense and #60 defense in his first year in the big12 at BYU. Scored 81 with 11 made 3s per game.

Pope is gonna be fired up and ready to rock. Get him a great staff and Get that NIL $ ready and let’s get this mfer rolling.

Omfg I cannot believe this is who we got.
I cannot approve.
I cant believe you just took college basketball out of my life.
I will not watch us go back to Tubby and no recruiting.
Fuk we are screwed.
Well football it is.

Man I hope and pray this works! I’ll cheer as hard as I can as always. I’ve not followed Pope’s career closely at all. Wanted to see and hear what he sounds like these days. Linked the postgame presser from the win over Kansas below for anyone interested.

I get the immediate disappointment with Donovan RIGHT THERE, but we as fans have no choice but to support our new coach. Pope is a UK dude, time to get this thing rolling
Billy Donovan would have turned us down for the 3rd time!! I don't understand he was here for 5 years and acts like that was nothing to him not one bit of loyalty to our program he seems so distant. Well when Chicago fires him he will realize what an opportunity he had all he had to do was leave or resign his job and not make us wait...I'm happy we have a guy now that wants to be here without us breaking the bank that's only here for the money...Now if we can get our fans to be real and back him we will have the type program everybody wants with players who hang around and not want a stepping stone to the NBA!!

Reactions: MidseasonTweak
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT