ADVERTISEMENT

I'm Not a Mark Stoops fan but THAT was the RIGHT CALL

I was hoping he was manipulating NW to use their time outs then kick the FG but nope... ARGHHH Should of known Stoops wasnt smart enough to go with the odds..

These bowl games truly mean jack sh*t if so many people have been brain washed that you dont go for OT in Bowl games.......

They were missing their QB........and on top of it they had a horrible FG kicker.... .. the odds were in our favor but nope.

TBH, going for it was Stoops best shot at winning. Decision making on the fly in OT doesnt play to his strengths so prob his best shot at winning was then... But the play call???? Uggghhh. Pass out of the shotgun??, Lawd, have mercy.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Was it a gutsy call? Yep.
But once again, after multiple timeouts, our best strategy was to throw the ball into traffic?

But, the only reason we were in that position was because of NorthWestern's imbecilic decision to go for it on 4th down. Not sure what their coach was thinking.

Was it a gutsy call? Yep.
But once again, after multiple timeouts, our best strategy was to throw the ball into traffic?

But, the only reason we were in that position was because of NorthWestern's imbecilic decision to go for it on 4th down. Not sure what their coach was thinking.
he knew if he let his guys 'make the call' on that play, Stoops would try and one-up him later. chess v checkers

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Why? because the game doesnt mean jack sh*t really and we're wasting money on an exb game and being played like suckers or because the TV reps dont want to cut into other games?
Do you think the coach at NW goes for it on 4th and 1 on his own 39 in a regular season game? Bowl games are a different animal. If we have the same situation next season you will see us, or the other team go for 2. Just the way it is

Enough talk about their "bad" kicker. If you don't know what you are talking about, then don't talk. Their "bad" kicker is 12 for 14 within 40 yards. How many 40+ yard field goals in overtime?

Their "bad" kicker is an overtime weapon.

So, please, if you want to debate the decision, fine. If you're against it, fine. Don't bring their kicker into it. He would have hit everything in sight in OT.

Why? because the game doesnt mean jack sh*t really and we're wasting money on an exb game and being played like suckers or because the TV reps dont want to cut into other games?
Mark Stoops caught hell all year for being too what? I can't remember, what was he criticized for? Oh yeah, he is too conservative...Lol, now he is too much of a riverboat gambler?

So there is no middle ground between stupid conservative and stupid aggressive?
Yes, we can set here and not make decisions and when they work say, that's what I would have done, when they don't say, here's what you should have done. If they had converted would you still be complaining it was the wrong call?

Yes, we can set here and not make decisions and when they work say, that's what I would have done, when they don't say, here's what you should have done. If they had converted would you still be complaining it was the wrong call?

It still would of been a dumb call........ a dumb call that works is still a dumb call.

i'm OK with the call. It's a bowl game. I was hoping we were due one from the football gods.

You really subscribe to the whole genius if it works BS? I'll keep to logic and reasoning... you can stick with your whole Shannon Dawson motto...
Then be honest, what would you be saying if the receiver had caught it. I am using logic, the play call was correct, going for it was correct, he had it in his hands and dropped it. He did not execute, he was put in a position to succeed but he did not execute

Then be honest, what would you be saying if the receiver had caught it. I am using logic, the play call was correct, going for it was correct, he had it in his hands and dropped it. He did not execute, he was put in a position to succeed but he did not execute

"Thank you GOD..... Johnson bailed out that horrible coaching decision"

Its like when one of our basketball players pulls up from half court like Tayshaun Prince did............ just a horrible shot to take but when they make it.... you take it and cheer....... but you definitely know it was poor shot selection. Same type of situation here imo

Agreed. I think he’s over his head and not the answer but I commend him having the sack to make an aggressive move. He needs more of that attitude.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT