ADVERTISEMENT

I'm Not a Mark Stoops fan but THAT was the RIGHT CALL

When you got the momentum you go for overtime. Kentucky had the momentum and Northwestern hadn't moved the ball well at all in the second half. In fact the only score they made was the Pick 6.

Their kicker is sub-par. Our kick is top-notch. Otherwise, I would not have an issue with going for two.

I like the call too. People will question it, but in that situation, I go for it every time.

When you got the momentum you go for overtime. Kentucky had the momentum and Northwestern hadn't moved the ball well at all in the second half. In fact the only score they made was the Pick 6.

We were completely out of steam on defense

Reactions: rmndcat
The two point play was on Johnson, he threw off of his back foot and the ball sailed. But to his defense, he couldn't have much confidence in the pocket the his line let him get hit today. Our OL was awful today.

Reactions: Lost In FL
That’s one of those situations where if it works you are a hero, but if it doesn’t, well...

Gutsy call, but like others have said, bad execution.

And agreed. What the heck was that kick supposed to be?

Held them to 7 pts in the second half, and that was a defensive TD, and held them on 2 fourth downs, but nobody thinks we could win in OT? Ok.

What momentum? Only a brain fart by Fitz gave us any hope of winning the game. If NW punts, they win by 7.

Thought going for it was right call. Not a great play called but our WR did get his hands on the ball so it wasn't totally a bust

Reactions: jof2

Disagree. That was the right call and I’m not a Stoops fan.

I don't trust our defense to stop Northwestern in four downs on a short field with them running the ball. I'm good with creating our own destiny. Poor play call though.

i think it was an awful call. you'd shut out their O all 2H, they have a b.u. QB, and your kicker is light years better than their kicker. they'd already rolled dice and came up snake eyes, and Stoops grabs them from their hands and rolls his own

Reactions: jameslee32
ADVERTISEMENT