ADVERTISEMENT

I'm calling it right now

Honestly, the worst scenario is getting beat in the Sweet 16. As crazy as this might sound, if I had to choose between a first weekend exit and immense pressure to move on from Cal and a Sweet 16 loss where it can be twisted into some sort of success, give me the first weekend exit.
I am with you if it means Cal is gone. Next years team will struggle if John doesn’t strike gold in the portal.

I’ve known for a a long time that Cal and Mitch could not stand each other. Chris Woolard told me years ago that they didn’t speak and the one part of his job that he hated was being their “go between “ . I always wondered , why did Mitch give Cal such a ridiculous contract if that was true. It was mentioned and talked about last week on a premium site that Mitch was against giving the contract but the administration forced him to do it . I’d be curious if that is true, cause it makes more sense .
I think Sisk implied that. IF that’s true, Mitch has been the fall guy. Still not happy with his extensions in women’s ball, etc.

Reactions: yoshukai
I don’t see it happening. With that kind of money on the table, he’s too arrogant to walk away from it. He doesn’t think he’s the problem, and some of our fans don’t care how many games he losses for some reason. That’s evident on here, look at what was said after the Auburn game. Look at this quote from last week that you can find on KSR.

“Devin Booker was asked by a recruit, his father, ‘What about Kentucky?'” Calipari said. “He looked at him and said, ‘Do you want to change your life? Well then go to Kentucky. Change your life. How could that make anybody nasty or mad? I don’t know.”

Cal is trying to say fans are mad because of players going to the NBA. That’s not what fans are mad about. At least the ones I know. Fans are unhappy with our win-loss record and how we keep hitting historical lows. He completely ignores that he's done that here. Those quotes in Jack Pilgrams article are very telling about what his priorities are and what he thinks of fans that don’t believe the way he does. I’m disappointed in Cal because he’s destroying our program. If he wants to help players make it to the NBA, that’s fine but don’t have a 9-16 season, lose to Saint Peters, lose 3 games in a row at home and make our program hit these historical lows to do so.
I feel exactly the same way….but he can’t take responsibility or accept accountability. 9-16 was because of COVID….Saint Peter’s was because of Oscar’s defense….the home losses this year are because “we play better on the road without the burden of expectations”….the fans are unreasonable…the list of excuses is endless and exhausting. He needs to look in the camera and say “our results since 2020 haven’t lived up to the Kentucky standard and that’s on me”….but hell will freeze over first.

Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
QzqlnAE.png
I knew you'd come through for me.

Reactions: CatPhight
You all be careful what you wish for!

You’ll be sorry when he’s gone and we’re losing to scrub teams at home, and not getting one seeds anymore…………..
That’s right. And add we might start getting multi year players that want to fight and get better. Like the unforgettables.

Reactions: NociHTTP
It took AD and an NBA lockout to get the title in 2012. So UCLA can have him
I don’t disagree. I know there would be a ton of what ifs, if he took our signed class to another school and won a title…. But I’d trade that to get him out of here bc I don’t think he’d have the same results here. Winning college games is a nice side effect for him right now and that results in losing when it matters. A coaching change may refocus him to make winning college games his priority again and any guys who perform well enough to get drafted the side effect..: Right now we are wasting minutes on guys trying to force them to turn into what their hype was instead of playing the best college lineup the max minutes to win at the cost of benching 2-3 too 15 recruits and pre season projected lottery picks.

Cal's postgame hit and run was so obvious with such a weak excuse I think he really doesn't care anymore.

I'm calling it: Cal's gone after this year.
you Mean youre hoping cause hes not going anywhere for years

I think Sisk implied that. IF that’s true, Mitch has been the fall guy. Still not happy with his extensions in women’s ball, etc.
Women’s bball wasn’t that crazy on the surface . She’s low to middle pack in SEC pay , was coming off SEC title and you need a 4-5 yr deal to recruit . It was fire her after the SEC title or extend. The buyout isn’t crazy at $2 Mil

Something does feel different this year. He's been growing bitter as time has gone on, you could see some of it, but this Cal is a completely different person.

It honestly wouldn't shock me if he hung it up after this season. It's also when the "lifetime" part of his contract kicks in I think, allowing him to essentially get a million per year for the rest of his life as long as he doesn't have another coaching job.

Mitch and the fans are getting tired of him. He's obviously getting tired of us and Lexington. With as money as much money as this dude has, why drag it out? Take your yearly mil and go enjoy your freedom.

You're telling me that Cal is SO arrogant and such a jerk that no matter if the whole state hates him, no matter if he knows he can't win a title here, no matter how much the media rides him and mocks his failures, he will continue to persevere in his current position just for the money? Wow you have an even lower opinion of his character than I do.
Serious comprehension issues on your part here. There was nothing of my opinion to what I posted. I simply stated the position so many have held and presented why I found your conclusion to be illogical.

Whatever needs to happen behind the scenes, needs to happen. UK can not afford another season of Cal.
Why the hell we can't wait untill this season is over then judge if this team makes a run makes a finale four you gonna wanna run his ass off I mean all this talk does nothing but makes us looks ridiculous let's let the season play out stand behind these players.then we can judge.

I don’t see it happening. With that kind of money on the table, he’s too arrogant to walk away from it. He doesn’t think he’s the problem, and some of our fans don’t care how many games he losses for some reason. That’s evident on here, look at what was said after the Auburn game. Look at this quote from last week that you can find on KSR.

“Devin Booker was asked by a recruit, his father, ‘What about Kentucky?'” Calipari said. “He looked at him and said, ‘Do you want to change your life? Well then go to Kentucky. Change your life. How could that make anybody nasty or mad? I don’t know.”

Cal is trying to say fans are mad because of players going to the NBA. That’s not what fans are mad about. At least the ones I know. Fans are unhappy with our win-loss record and how we keep hitting historical lows. He completely ignores that he's done that here. Those quotes in Jack Pilgrams article are very telling about what his priorities are and what he thinks of fans that don’t believe the way he does. I’m disappointed in Cal because he’s destroying our program. If he wants to help players make it to the NBA, that’s fine but don’t have a 9-16 season, lose to Saint Peters, lose 3 games in a row at home and make our program hit these historical lows to do so.
Woodrow… no, dude, just stop

Why the hell we can't wait untill this season is over then judge if this team makes a run makes a finale four you gonna wanna run his ass off I mean all this talk does nothing but makes us looks ridiculous let's let the season play out stand behind these players.then we can judge.
The season is over man. This team can’t put two good games together let alone six of them

Ok.

Cal's postgame hit and run was so obvious with such a weak excuse I think he really doesn't care anymore.

I'm calling it: Cal's gone after this year.
yeah and your record of being right is grand. Would this be your first right prediction.? If I am not mistaken you have made the same prediction before,

Folks, whether he stays or gets run off is one thing. What makes you think he even wants to coach anywhere else after Kentucky. I'd say those odds are slim to none. Why would he? His coaching imo will cease at whatever point he's done at UK.

"Let the season play out, blah blah blah" and then after the season "Let's see what class we've got coming in" and then "Let's see how they do in the Bahamas or Canada or whatever blah blah blah" rinse repeat, it's the same nonsense over and over again.

Folks, whether he stays or gets run off is one thing. What makes you think he even wants to coach anywhere else after Kentucky. I'd say those odds are slim to none. Why would he? His coaching imo will cease at whatever point he's done at UK.
I would bet that he could go back to Memphis and they would pay him nearly as much as we pay him.

Maybe UCLA will take another shot at Cal for a 3rd time. Not sure Cronin has failed badly enough to dump him yet though. Mitch should have said I will give you a couple million more in 2019 but only incentive based. If that's not good enough for you then see ya. Have to wonder what the last 5 years would have been like if he had left? Who was the hot coach in 2019 that we would have gotten?

Beard before the wife thing? Could we have gotten Jay Wright? Drew was mediocre up to that point. Hurley just signed with UConn the year before. Sampson and Pearl had the baggage. I'm guessing Nate Oats. Would have likely been much better here the last 5 years than with Cal. Probably wouldn't have had the situation with the basketball player here that he did at Alabama.
Chris Holtmann.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT