ADVERTISEMENT

If you attended UK

WeWant9

Senior
Dec 18, 2013
How did the team do when you were a student?

I transferred to UK in 2011 and graduated in 2013. So I had some amazing times with the 2011 FF, followed by the 2012 title. 2013 was rough, but still had the highs of the two years prior.

A lot of hazy memories from the 11 and 12 NCAATs.

Reactions: Catzman
My freshmen year was 38-1. Campus was electric that season. Had a Com-101 class with the four freshmen (KAT, Book, Lyles and Ulis). All cool dudes who always seemed to be around campus enjoying the student life. My junior year was Fox, Monk and Bam, also a super fun time on campus, didn’t see them as much but probably because I was in my college taking special courses. I was on campus during an interesting time because by the time I graduated football and basketball had almost switched in popularity.

I transferred to UK in 2011 and graduated in 2013. So I had some amazing times with the 2011 FF, followed by the 2012 title. 2013 was rough, but still had the highs of the two years prior.

2020-2023. Went in not great and left not great. One tourney win my whole time here

I graduated HS in 1998 so had a helluva run in HS. Went to NKU my Freshman year.

As for college...some good moments full of disappointment...

Transferred to UK in '99.

'00- lost 2nd round to Syracuse
'01- lost Swt 16 to USC
'02- lost Swt 16 to Maryland
'03- lost EE to Marquette (graduated Dec '02)

Had some great times though....

Reactions: YardCat
My freshmen year was 38-1. Campus was electric that season. Had a Com-101 class with the four freshmen (KAT, Book, Lyles and Ulis). All cool dudes who always seemed to be around campus enjoying the student life. My junior year was Fox, Monk and Bam, also a super fun time on campus, didn’t see them as much but probably because I was in my college taking special courses. I was on campus during an interesting time because by the time I graduated football and basketball had almost switched in popularity.

Did you have DeSantis? Guy was a riot...

Living on campus during some of these runs must have been wild.

In contrast, I was with a lot of Syracuse grads this weekend for a wedding. They were nice and all, but Syracuse fans love to pretend their program is at this same elite level as Kentucky and Duke are. These guys still talk about their "glory days", which really was a single title in 2003, Melo, and almost nothing else. So I can't imagine what it must have been like to be on campus for an actual LEGIT basketball program.

Reactions: wildcatwelder

Pre Cal so not good.

2005-2009. Rough basketball years but a few fun football memories with the 2007 team. MBA in 2009-2010 during Cal’s first year and and that made up for all of it. What a blast.

Reactions: jmw23712
2004-2008.

Lost to UAB as #1 overall seed
Lost to Michigan State in Elite 8 double OT
Lost to UConn
Lost to Kansas
Lost to Marquette

Still had a ball.

1996-1999, so I had one helluva run!
1996 through 2000 (Graduate School). Indeed. One helluva good ride. Lots of fun nights on Euclid!

960402UKSYRscb24d.2.jpg

My freshman year was 2011-2012 season. Senior year was 2014-2015. Maybe the best stretch of time ever to be on campus I would imagine. Witnessed a championship and three F4s in total.

Peach Bowl 1976, New Years Eve, Catlanta, Ga.
Kentucky's first bowl game in 25 years.
Shut out UNC Tarheels 21 zip.

NCAA Basketball Runner Up 1975
John Wooden announced his retirement just prior the the start of the final game vs. Kentucky.
Wooden wins his 10th NCAA title and his first win over Kentucky.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rockford
My freshman year was 2011-2012 season. Senior year was 2014-2015. Maybe the best stretch of time ever to be on campus I would imagine. Witnessed a championship and three F4s in total.
I would argue my stretch of 95-99 was the best. 3 championship games in a row plus a title. Either have a claim.

74-78 Runner up UCLA in 75 and NC in78

Reactions: Rockford
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT