ADVERTISEMENT

If we think Duke is beating us in recruiting now

I think Cal is needing a new recruiting pitch! "I will get you to the NBA early" isn't working any more because kids have learned that you don't need Kentucky to get you drafted early. Hell, you can go to a crap program like Washington, LSU or Oklahoma and be a lottery pick! So Cal is going after kids that still have that desire to be OAD and listen to his spill but may not have the ability and/or heart to leave early! Does that make them harder to coach, I believe this year's team fits that mold!

My thinking is that Cal needs to shake up recruiting! Is it the lack of Coach O? Is Justice any problem? When was the last kid that Cal "found" and brought in and was a surprise? NEVER! Does his staff need to work harder to find some "diamonds in the rough"? It's just alot easier to look at the recruiting rankings and pick who he'll recruit! Sure we need to recruit a couple studs but go find some kids that might develop in a couple years that have the attitude that they want to play high major basketball, get a free education and will by all accounts be around multiple years. And for God's sake get away from all his jargon of "positionless basketball" and great athletes. Get some kids with basketball IQ and a desire to improve!! Just my take.

Reactions: doc4UK
All recruits have to do is watch our offense and style and cal screaming at players constantly.
Or they can see that Cal makes men out of them and turns them into NBA players- Wall, Cousins, Booker, KAT, Lyles, Fox, Monk, Bam, Knight, WCS.....should I keep going?

If you're tough enough- you should want to play for Cal. Tired of soft players and tired of soft posters.

Recruiting went great after our NIT season. So that's not an issue.

That NIT season was also only one year removed from our 38-2 national championship season, so there was no perception of us being a program in decline, we were still very much the cool program despite the NIT season.

But what's happening now has a different and far more ominous feel...

AU fan here. Does really yell at kids any more than other coaches? I was under the impression that most every coach was an asshole on the court. Hell, Bruce literally stepped onto the court and physically moved Purifoy into position last season bc he was so upset with him

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Hell, we r getting beat out by everyone for top 10 recruits the last few years.
This is turning into a national joke and kids are watching mighty Kentucky get beat by A&M , have to have a miracle to beat Vanderbilt.
This job by the staff this year is piss poor on all fronts, recruiting, coaching.
Ok ok troll

I disagree without K dook would not get the top 3 next season.
Point is; forget Duke as
I disagree without K dook would not get the top 3 next season.
And you have that right.I'm referring to Cal's competiveness .
If you're getting your butt kicked, you either lay there and take it ,or you get up off the mat and fight. Everyone has weaknesses; so you fiind out what they are and take them out. Cal will find a way, if he is who I think he is. He may be failing right now, but as long as he doesn't quit, he'll recover. JMO

Reactions: JoeBeeHall
All recruits have to do is watch our offense and style and cal screaming at players constantly.
...and follow the fanbase how they are on social media and message boards. How some like to ' criticize' players, player's families, player's reading ability, player's ....you see what I mean.
We need to form a group of UK fans to spread out negativity on other rival sites of our opponents. All we need to do is cut and paste a lot of posts here and substitute Cal with k. And Hami with allen...PJ with Carter etc

Reactions: Blue wood
I am sure glad you stoped by , NOT ! How about you pick another team, any other team to cheer. For for that matter and most likely we will all be a lot happier!!

Cal dug his own grave here by fu**ing Nike over.. And Nike will make sure the cream of the crop never comes here again.. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.. Unless your ego is the size of Ky..

I guess I missed this. What happened between Cal and Nike?

Cal dug his own grave here by fu**ing Nike over.. And Nike will make sure the cream of the crop never comes here again.. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.. Unless your ego is the size of Ky..

This is the problem and Cal needs to make amends or tweak his recruiting strategy.

How many players has UK led for early - had kids dreaming of a UK offer - only to see the cats wilt as it got close to decision time? On the flip - DUKe is literally walking in late in the game and taking who they want.

It’s not due to Capel/K being better recruiters or the prestige or the “set for life”. It’s not because of Kryzwdfddxsfski coaching Lebron, etc. Cal has Drake. Cal has Wall, Davis, KAT. Cal has familia and “players first”.

The kids still love Cal. The handlers, parents and AAU connections - not as much.

Something happened with Nike and they’re making him pay. You see the blue print with Adidas and parents/handlers. It’s pretty easy to legally grease an AAU coach to help make it happen.

It's going to get much worse if we can't get this turned around this year and if we end up in the NIT it may be over for the Cal regime.
You mean like 2013? It was over then right? Um, I recall a team going 38-1 after that. Eff your trolling theories

Recruits don't like it. It's obvious with this team
They like it when they hear their name called on draft night. Him screaming is no surprise to anyone. If you cant him screaming at you to make you a better player, chances are you wont last 5 mins in the NBA

Do you not think everyone can see through your obvious trolling?
Not a troll. Been a uk fan since my family moved to Bowling Green when I was 6 and I'm 41 now.
I am however tired of the bullshit players first crap and the NBA crap that has been put front and center by Cal for 8+ years.
Like most I could deal with it when we look like a basketball team, but we don't anymore. We have announcers calling it out on national TV saying they can't figure out what we r trying to do.

That is a damn ridiculous situation for this program to be in. We are the winningest program ever ( although probably not for long at this rate) and we deserve better than a group that does not even bother to run up and down the court and give effort.
If that is the crap Cal wants to put up with because he IS putting up with it then he can take his ass to the NBA after the year is over with his unskilled recruits.

Not a troll. Been a uk fan since my family moved to Bowling Green when I was 6 and I'm 41 now.
I am however tired of the bullshit players first crap and the NBA crap that has been put front and center by Cal for 8+ years.
Like most I could deal with it when we look like a basketball team, but we don't anymore. We have announcers calling it out on national TV saying they can't figure out what we r trying to do.

That is a damn ridiculous situation for this program to be in. We are the winningest program ever ( although probably not for long at this rate) and we deserve better than a group that does not even bother to run up and down the court and give effort.
If that is the crap Cal wants to put up with because he IS putting up with it then he can take his ass to the NBA after the year is over with his unskilled recruits.
You mean the bullshit crap of 4 final fours and a title in 8 years? That part of it? Because we were winning titles and going to final fours constantly before Cal got here right? As in three other titles besides his in the past 60 years?

You mean the bullshit crap of 4 final fours and a title in 8 years? That part of it? Because we were winning titles and going to final fours constantly before Cal got here right? As in three other titles besides his in the past 60 years?
We r Kentucky and it is also a real possibility of our 2nd NIT in 5 years.
Absolutely ridiculous for a blue blood program.

Cal may well have more NIT's than titles in a few weeks. How absurd is that?
With the talent that has came through here?

No I'm not ignoring the title u Cal nut hugger. Final 4's that we got beat what 3 times with the best team in?
Why? Because this man is just a shitty in game coach. That is why.

U are ignoring the 8,9,10 loss seasons?

Announcers calling out our lack of anything that looks like a basketball offense?

Pundits calling out players efforts?

Losing games consistently on our home court?

Losing to KU 3 straight?

Losing 2 of the last 3 to UCLA?

This is in the man being paid 8 million a year by uk, he is not being paid by the NBA. So it would be nice if he would put the program first and then maybe the players would but in as well, but hell he is their leader and when the man it charge sells the gig as players first and not uk what do you expext 18 year olds to do.

No I'm not ignoring the title u Cal nut hugger. Final 4's that we got beat what 3 times with the best team in?
Why? Because this man is just a shitty in game coach. That is why.

U are ignoring the 8,9,10 loss seasons?

Announcers calling out our lack of anything that looks like a basketball offense?

Pundits calling out players efforts?

Losing games consistently on our home court?

Losing to KU 3 straight?

Losing 2 of the last 3 to UCLA?

This is in the man being paid 8 million a year by uk, he is not being paid by the NBA. So it would be nice if he would put the program first and then maybe the players would but in as well, but hell he is their leader and when the man it charge sells the gig as players first and not uk what do you expext 18 year olds to do.
Your brain must be the size of a mustard seed. Seriously. There is so much fail in your thought process it is shocking. His record speaks for itself and it is the best since he has been here over any other coach except possibly Coach K.

Reactions: Cindog28
Man, you just can’t get over the fact that Cal screams, can you? You’ve cried about it for the last 16 hours. At least.
Well you know it has to bother the players hearing him screaming constantly...It certainly aint helping..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT