ADVERTISEMENT

If UK beats Vandy tonight in our beloved Rupp Arena

I’ve not noticed that Fritos guy around I’m a while

it’s funny how all these “hardcore college basketball fans” of other SEC schools only seem to post here when the sun’s shining on their asses

Here’s to not playing down to your competition.

can we please just boat race these dudes?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Vanderbilt will become the only team in the history of the SEC to lose 25 straight conference games.

The ‘Dores are currently tied with mighty Sewanee who set the dubious record of 24 straight SEC L’s from 1938-1940.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article239711008.html
Sewanee had the excuse that they were a football school. In 1899, I believe--right around the turn of the century, anyhow--Sewanee went unbeaten and, except for the game against Auburn, unscored on to win the "championship of the south". At one time they went on a road trip from hell and beat 5 teams in 6 days! All by shutout, composite score of 91 - 0. The first 2 victoms during this run were Texas and Texas a/m, then followed those wins up by handling LSU and Ol' Miss, among others.

I actually watched a little bit of a 4 team basketball tourney at Sewanee a couple of years ago when my daughter was down there for a holiday swim meet. That is one pretty campus, during the Christmas season esp.

Joe B. transferred from UK to Sewanee. Rupp helped him get into school down there. When Joe left there, he was the school's all-time leading scorer.
I think he ended up getting his degree from UK, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT