ADVERTISEMENT

If this is real…. Smh

They better think thrice. Nobody travels like BBN. If they want a half empty venue, then they should go right ahead.

Seems about right.
Ccc destroys uk basketball, and gets rewarded for doing so, even though
he couldn't win a game for love or money

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Would have to rename the event if that were the case. I do figure Arkansas will get maybe 1-2 extra espn games next year. Boogie is going to be so confused seeing UK on TV so much next year while not finding the Arkansas broadcast 😂

Glad this is a parody account. That would be an incredibly stupid idea. If they make any change at all, it should be remove Michigan State and add unc or uconn

Satire. This is like the people on Facebook who believe Jason Aldean turned down a billion dollars to tour with Taylor Swift.

It's a parody account.
Yeah, the champions classic is for the top programs, not for former coaches of top programs. How many titles would Arkansas have to get in order to get an invite? Calipari can say they're a "blue-blood" but the truth is, they have a LONG way to go to catch up. That's not arrogance, just facts.

Yeah, the champions classic is for the top programs, not for former coaches of top programs. How many titles would Arkansas have to get in order to get an invite? Calipari can say they're a "blue-blood" but the truth is, they have a LONG way to go to catch up. That's not arrogance, just facts.
After reading that Cal didn’t make any staff changes other than giving Brad the spot that Welch left, made me even more happy that Cal left for Arkansas. Lol

This is why I say take Michigan State out and add unc or uconn

Reactions: IL Wildcat
After reading that Cal didn’t make any staff changes other than giving Brad the spot that Welch left, made me even more happy that Cal left for Arkansas. Lol
Yep, listening to Calipari's comments to Arkansas during his opening press conference made me have some flashbacks to some of those same kinds of comments he has made over the years. The players' first thought sounds good, especially when you add the idea that you can be players first and still win. But when you realize Cal really means that he intends to push the best players out to the NBA, regardless of how they finished the season, is a completely different story. With the transfer portal and teams bringing in top juniors and seniors from all over the country every year, that model no longer works. I'm also more aware of just how blind I was to all of that in Cal's hey-day. So long as he was winning, I would basically just go along. But I've come to the conclusion that Cal was never about Kentucky first. He was never about winning for UK as a first priority, that was a fringe benefit for getting guys paid. He used Kentucky as his platform but I don't think he ever really loved UK or BBN. He loved what they could give him and he loved building his kingdom, but not the Bennies. Throwing aside any importance to the SEC-T told that story. Who cares? UK fans care. They flock to that tournament. We once called Atlanta "Cat-lanta" because UK fans made it our home away from home during that tournament. We did the same in Nashville several times, but 0 wins in 3 years? Glad it's over.

How would the Mad House(United Center) have any say when I'm fairly sure the game is in Atlanta next year. Clearly satire.

It's wild how people start whole new threads specifically quoting a certain account and don't even bother to take 2 seconds to see it's clearly fake AF.
This. How do people keep falling for these obviously fake tweets?

A tip: If something sounds so ridiculous that it’s hard to believe, then check the source. If the source is just some random tweeter you don’t recognize, then assume it fake.

I haven't cared for that game in years.. when it was apparent it was going to be an uphill battle to win those games with a young team, do early in the season. That series was setup for a system like Cals to fail.

Now, maybe with Pope and having experience, it will be a different story. But still, couldn't care less if we bail from that, do more home and homes and add in the early season tournament.

Even if true, arkansas will probably lose the game to ensure players are healthy and ready for the NBA.

Champions Classic?

They want the 1995 Champions that haven’t done a thing since? Not the team that had made 7 Final Fours and won 3 Championships since Arkansas’ last Final Four appearance?

I suppose it makes as much sense as Michigan State being there because Izzo won a single title 24 years ago.

I’m all for it, I want Arkansas fans to learn early in the season that John Calipari isn’t the savior they hoped he was going to be. I thought him making this move and having big money from NIL donors might rejuvinate him, but him bringing the exact same staff tells me he isn’t going to change whatsoever. I thought he would work harder, hire killers as assistant coaches, and try to make us look bad for running him out. He’s going to do what he was doing here, but do it in a worse place.

I legit think Arkansas will be an 11-13 loss team next year. A lot of their fans will instantly be over the honeymoon period and realize they’re 4 years and tens of millions of dollars deep on this guy still.

Champions Classic?

They want the 1995 Champions that haven’t done a thing since? Not the team that had made 7 Final Fours and won 3 Championships since Arkansas’ last Final Four appearance?

I suppose it makes as much sense as Michigan State being there because Izzo won a single title 24 years ago.

I’m all for it, I want Arkansas fans to learn early in the season that John Calipari isn’t the savior they hoped he was going to be. I thought him making this move and having big money from NIL donors might rejuvinate him, but him bringing the exact same staff tells me he isn’t going to change whatsoever. I thought he would work harder, hire killers as assistant coaches, and try to make us look bad for running him out. He’s going to do what he was doing here, but do it in a worse place.

I legit think Arkansas will be an 11-13 loss team next year. A lot of their fans will instantly be over the honeymoon period and realize they’re 4 years and tens of millions of dollars deep on this guy still.

Chill out, dude, it’s fake news. Just another dumb thread started only because the OP is an attention whore who goes through withdrawal pains if he doesn’t start a dozen threads per day.

But you gave a good response if the story had been true (except Arky’s title was in 94, not 95).

Reactions: flacat22
Chill out, dude, it’s fake news. Just another dumb thread started only because the OP is an attention whore who goes through withdrawal pains if he doesn’t start a dozen threads per day.

But you gave a good response if the story had been true (except Arky’s title was in 94, not 95).
Even worse, gave Arkansas UCLA’s title.

It’s a parody account ignore this, I should’ve checked the bio…. Smh 🤦🏼‍♂️
I figured. This is CHAMPIONS Classic. All of the teams in there are loaded with NCAA history. Arkansas had their one time long ago, and even then didn't win it all.

All this does, even if parody, is pad Cal's ego. Again showing that where Cal goes, it's all about him, not the school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT