ADVERTISEMENT

If not now, when?

TTU/UK fan

Senior
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2011
Stoops has a veteran ladden team. And a solid defense that is basically going to be wiped clean next year, but still can't take a step forward. I just don't see how anybody can possibly see a path forward with Stoops anymore. I mean, even the bluest of glasses can't hide what is ahead next year.

Defense:
Deone Walker - Draft
Maxwell Hairston - Draft
JDJ - Grad
D Jackson - Grad
Zion Childress - Grad
JJ Weaver - Grad
Octavious Oxendine - Grad
Trevonn Rybka - Grad

That's almost literally every playmaker on this defense from this season. All gone. Even a heck of a portal class isn't saving the obvious setback coming. Stoops has a defense that is making EVERY game winnable and still can't put together even a mediocre offense. Heck, this offense isn't even "bad", its terrible.

Offense:
Dane Key - Draft (probably)
DSK- Grad
Mincey - Grad
E Cox - Grad
M Cox - Grad
And don't be shocked if Barion tries the draft.
Dingle probably goes through with transferring this go around

So you likely have another BVG led team throwing to Maclin, Farrier, and Gilmore; plus likely another hyped up transfer WR that ends up not doing much of anything.

It's just not good. Things looked so bright not long ago. I even made a similar post about the exact opposite in 2022. I was okay with that 7 win season and having guys like Kattus, Brown, Key, Walker, Lovett, Weaver, Wallace(NFL now), and E. Cox all looking like stud youngsters who were going to come together as vets and be great. But now that those guys are older, we are actually in what may end up being a worse spot than 22. And we don't have nearly the amount of youngsters balling out as we did then. Things look bad and there's no other way to put it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.