ADVERTISEMENT

If I could ask for some prayers, BBN...

Gods Blessing and Healing for your Mom and strength and comfort to you and your family

Thank you to everyone who has responded or read my post. It is overwhelming to see the support from the BBN. God bless.

Reactions: AFSTALLION13
Loving Lord Jesus,
Would you bless Jimbo's mother with renewed strength and health. God, none of us deserve even your glance, but You give us your love, mercy and grace anyway. God would you further her faith during these difficult days, and would you found the faith of her family even more. God, we give You all the praise for holding us closely during these events in life. Bless that family, in Jesus' name.

Reactions: AFSTALLION13
I know how you feel. My wife at 54 just had a scare with this cancer a couple months ago. The doctor, after seeing the scope pic, said he was 80% sure it was cancer. However, when the biopsy results came back, it was benign. The doctor made us worry for nothing.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and you Mother.

Reactions: kev69
Hey all. I won't take up too much of your time, but I wanted to ask a quick favor of anyone that believes in the power of prayer.

My mother, the reason I'm a diehard Kentucky fan, has been in a battle with ovarian cancer the past couple of years. She is the most wonderful woman I've ever known, and every good quality I have (there aren't many) I get from her. She is only in her 50s, and much too young to be going through anything like this.

The cancer is being well controlled right now, but after surgery last year, we were hoping we would never see it again. Yet here we are. I am scared for her and just worrying a lot lately.

I can't tell you how blessed I feel to be apart of this fan base sometimes, I read threads like this and can't imagine a fan base that cares for strangers they've never met like UK fans do. It is truly another family, the BBN.

So to anyone who might have some free time, positive thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated. My mother's name is Laura, and I know she would really appreciate any positivity she can get from the fans of the school that means so much to the both of us.

Thank you.
Dear Lord God Father Almighty, please place your healing hands on Laura and strike that cancer out of her body! We ask this in Jesus name, the great physician, AMEN!!!!

I know how you feel. My wife at 54 just had a scare with this cancer a couple months ago. The doctor, after seeing the scope pic, said he was 80% sure it was cancer. However, when the biopsy results came back, it was benign. The doctor made us worry for nothing.

Maybe through prayers your Mom was healed!

In the name of JESUS, May your moms physical body be as healed as her spiritual body, and the same Holy spirit that saved the world by his death of a man heal your mom

Hey all. I won't take up too much of your time, but I wanted to ask a quick favor of anyone that believes in the power of prayer.

My mother, the reason I'm a diehard Kentucky fan, has been in a battle with ovarian cancer the past couple of years. She is the most wonderful woman I've ever known, and every good quality I have (there aren't many) I get from her. She is only in her 50s, and much too young to be going through anything like this.

The cancer is being well controlled right now, but after surgery last year, we were hoping we would never see it again. Yet here we are. I am scared for her and just worrying a lot lately.

I can't tell you how blessed I feel to be apart of this fan base sometimes, I read threads like this and can't imagine a fan base that cares for strangers they've never met like UK fans do. It is truly another family, the BBN.

So to anyone who might have some free time, positive thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated. My mother's name is Laura, and I know she would really appreciate any positivity she can get from the fans of the school that means so much to the both of us.

Thank you.
I will be thinking of you and your mother and will most certainly keep you in my prayers. I can't imagine going through what you are and I hope the lord will hold your hand throughout this process and touch your mother with his almighty will. Stay strong brother and you and your mom get ready for those nasty blue devils come November.

JimboBBN,
I will be praying for you and your mom and your family.

My mom went through ovarian cancer 20 years ago. She was stage four and God willingly spared her.

When she was in the hospital they had her on the maternity ward for some reason. We convinced a couple of nurses to bring her a cabbage patch doll we had purchased at the gift store and pretend it was her child they were bringing to her.

When they brought the doll in they told her her this was her newborn.....the look on my mom's face was something else. She was saying no, no....you've got me mixed up with someone else....I'm in here for cancer. They told my mom she had to get well to take care of her "newborn". Needless to say there were a lot of tears involved in all of this, and as I type. My mom took that doll and held it just like a mom would with a real new born. She did not let it out of her sight.

I think having that doll gave her a reason to get well. Sometimes the Good Lord uses strange circumstances on our behalf.

Our Father in Heaven, I humbly ask that you would heal Laura of this cancer and that you would restore her health. I pray for her family during this time that they would rely upon you and trust you in this situation. Grant the doctors the wisdom to make the right diagnosis and treatments. I know they are smart people, but they only read and studied the medical books....You wrote the medical books for You are the Great Physician. I ask this in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ.

Keep up posted, JimboBBN
That is a wonderful story. Glad to hear your mom beat that ugly illness.

Reactions: ruppcat
Best wishes to your Mother and the rest of the family. My Aunt Karen had breast cancer 3 times. She beat it all 3 times. Twice beating it in to remission(double mastectomy the 2nd time). Cancer didn't beat her the 3rd time either. She lived her life just as she had the entire time before. Again, Best wishes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigjoecatfan56
Isaiah 53:5

“But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

I’m very happy your wife is ok Chuck.

Ask, and it shall be given you, seek and ye shall find, knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Praying for your Mother.

Reactions: kev69
Hey BBN, just wanted to give a quick update. Moms cancer hasn’t gotten better, it has actually progressed unfortunately. We are now trying a different, stronger form of chemo. We could still use all the prayers we can get. I was hoping this wouldn’t be as serious as the first fight, but it is, and it’s worse. I’m holding on to hope she can fight through it, she’s a very strong woman. I’m having a hard time with this as is my brother, as you all can imagine. We are trying our best to stay strong for our mom, but we could still use some help.

Any positive thoughts and prayers are welcomed with open arms. Thank you Big Blue Nation. Your support and kind words mean more to us than you know. God bless you all.

Reactions: kornucopia
I will ask for devine intervention. God Bless your Mom, you, and your family

Prayers for you and your family. I’m sorry you are going through this. Make sure you get some rest too. Being in hospitals all day is no fun. Been there done that unfortunately.

Prayers man. My mom is having her port put in tomorrow to begin her chemo treatments for ovarian cancer. I know how you feel.

Thank you.

Jimbo, I have been praying for Laura since you first asked. How is she, do you have any updates?

AlohaCat

@HICATFAN
Hey BBN, just wanted to give a quick update. Moms cancer hasn’t gotten better, it has actually progressed unfortunately. We are now trying a different, stronger form of chemo. We could still use all the prayers we can get. I was hoping this wouldn’t be as serious as the first fight, but it is, and it’s worse. I’m holding on to hope she can fight through it, she’s a very strong woman. I’m having a hard time with this as is my brother, as you all can imagine. We are trying our best to stay strong for our mom, but we could still use some help.

Any positive thoughts and prayers are welcomed with open arms. Thank you Big Blue Nation. Your support and kind words mean more to us than you know. God bless you all.

Thank you.
PRAYERS for your MOM Jimbo
Hey JimboBBN. Raising your family up in prayer as I post. Went through this with my grandson several years ago. May the Lord give your family deep Wells if strength and guide the doctors to give your mom the best of care.

ADVERTISEMENT