ADVERTISEMENT

If Drew is on the fence about coming here

If his wife’s not on board, that’s a real issue. The pressure of the UK job is tough enough without also having to deal with a spouse unhappy about moving.

Of course, Pitino’s wife also apparently didn’t like it here, but that didn’t stop him from having fabulous success,

And this is a perfect example of “personality fit” mattering here that we all keep harping about. Drew can win here…but would he be happy w the new lifestyle or would it be stressful and tough to acclimate to?

Mitch doesn’t understand this bc Mitch has the personality of a wet paperbag….but his job requires less of that trait. He’d be better at his job if he was more personable but he can effectively manage behind the scenes….the UK coach will be in a very hot spotlight whether they want it or not.

If the wife’s not on board, that’s a real issue. The pressure of the UK job is tough enough without having to deal with a spouse unhappy about moving.

Of course, Pitino’s wife also apparently didn’t like it here, but that didn’t stop him from having fabulous success,
Dead on w the family dynamic. The difference w RP is his personality was huge and thrived w the attention. SD likely feels similar to his wife of wanting a quiet life

NEXT!
Call me crazy, but I want a coach who is dying to be here, who would walk to Lexington, like Cal in 09, someone like Pearl.
Not one you have to beg. A young energetic coach who wants to make a name for himself and millions. Not an already made coach who is rich and ready to become fat and lazy like Cal became. Not one who has worked hard to climb that mountain and now more relaxed about coaching coming down.

Man, a lot of you are falling hook, line, and sinker for typical coach speak. NO coach is going to come out and say "I am very interested in the job, I will do anything to land it", they are called contract negotiations for a reason. They will play it cool, negotiate for the best contract they can get. Never show your hand.

Hurley "ask my wife"
Drew "I have a itch to coach KY, but my wife blah, blah, blah"

Come on guys, neither guy may not end up being the coach, but do not believe every damn X post you see by coaches and / or insiders.

He’s been at Baylor 22 years. Give the guy some credit if he decides to stay loyal to that. It’s hard to leave something you’ve been at that long.
I mean, was he insulting him? I don’t think so. It’s honorable if he wants to stay. Good. If that’s how he feels then he should do that.

He simply said he wants someone who is excited to be here, not someone who is conflicted about coming. Both can be true simultaneously.

Reactions: IIIBradIII
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT