ADVERTISEMENT

IDK CL

Kybluedude

All-SEC
Nov 19, 2005
Watched this game and Chris performed about the same as last year.

Reiterated my thoughts he should have returned but kinda glad he didn’t. Just my opinion he’s a good athlete but not a complete player at 6 6. Doesn’t have much finesse or ball handling skills. Shooting is suspect. Can’t handle on the run. Passing skills non existent.

Played about the same style. Ran to a corner and really didn’t accomplish much. Did grab 6 rbs. Hope for the best but question if he makes it.

So many other less heralded guys- probably 2 & 3 stars- with more impact and well rounded games.

Likable kid but like the guys we have better.

OT Drew Timme is on his team and did about the same.

Just the first summer league game so time to settle in.

The final selection in the NBA Draft, Chris Livingston scored seven points and grabbed six rebounds in the win. Livingston averaged 6.3 points and 4.2 rebounds in his one season at Kentucky.

His handles are below avg for a wing/small forward. CL dribbles too upright and it causes his first step to be less effective.

Off the bounce and out of a set position he has trouble creating space. Even when CL gets by a defender he allows them to stay in the play. Go back and watch his drives to the basket, more often than not he ended up on the floor fighting contact.
We actually nicknamed him crash last season.

Honest question… what about him was likeable? I mean he didn’t quit on his team during the actual season like Wheeler did, so I guess there’s that. But overall the kid showed me nothing from a personality standpoint, little in terms of basketball skills or dedication to his craft, and bolted at the first chance he got. Good riddance.

Reiterated my thoughts he should have returned but kinda glad he didn’t. Just my opinion he’s a good athlete but not a complete player at 6 6. Doesn’t have much finesse or ball handling skills. Shooting is suspect. Can’t handle on the run. Passing skills non existent.

Played about the same style. Ran to a corner and really didn’t accomplish much. Did grab 6 rbs. Hope for the best but question if he makes it.

So many other less heralded guys- probably 2 & 3 stars- with more impact and well rounded games.

The final selection in the NBA Draft, Chris Livingston scored seven points and grabbed six rebounds in the win. Livingston averaged 6.3 points and 4.2 rebounds in his one season at Kentucky.
I think that’s funny because a lot of guys like him complained Cal played them exactly like that. “They have more to their game.” But in the pros that what role they have and Cal set them up to do that. I have a lot of issues with how Cal plays but he does know player roles for the guys he plays.

Honest question… what about him was likeable? I mean he didn’t quit on his team during the actual season like Wheeler did, so I guess there’s that. But overall the kid showed me nothing from a personality standpoint, little in terms of basketball skills or dedication to his craft, and bolted at the first chance he got. Good riddance.
It just seems like even the kids we got early on in Cals tenure they seemed more Cats to me. Even though they left they all seemed to be all in while here. Now guys seems to go thru the motions on the way out. Very few like Oscar actually feel like Cats 100% to me. Maybe because we won so much, but it felt different.

And refused to play the 4 even though it could’ve helped the team.

We could save this description and copy and paste it for a whole lot of the stereotypical Cal 3s and 4s. Size and raw athleticism over actual basketball skill. You can get away w it more at the 4 in college but is trying to force those guys into the 3 spot is an offense killer unless they are a true 3 and D guy or super elite slasher. More often than not it hurts you defensively too bc they can’t guard a quick 3 guard lineup which dominates CBB

I, like everyone else here, have no idea how all the newcomers will play. Other than Oscar and Wallace I am not sorry to see any of the others move on. Wallace going at 10 made a wise move, the rest not so much. Fox2monk made 2 spot on observations.

As a UK fan there is plenty to dislike about how Cal coaches but he usually has players in the roles that they will play in the NBA. The combinations he uses and his unwillingness to play certain players over other players is another matter

It just seems like even the kids we got early on in Cals tenure they seemed more Cats to me. Even though they left they all seemed to be all in while here. Now guys seems to go thru the motions on the way out. Very few like Oscar actually feel like Cats 100% to me. Maybe because we won so much, but it felt different.
Winning certainly fixes a lot of woes and I do think it was a major factor in why we felt more connected to the team and our players. However, I also think it was because the players seemed more involved with the commonwealth on their own time than recent players. I have nothing to back that up but I definitely get what you’re feeling,

The Bucks are signing F Chris Livingston to a four-year, $7.7 million rookie deal, CEO of Klutch Sports Rich Paul and agent Brandon Cavanaugh tell
@TheAthletic

@Stadium
. First two years guaranteed. It’s the largest ever total salary for the final pick in the NBA Draft.

It's all on Chris now. He has to make the decision to go to practice everyday, or that contract is going away. This will define his maturity level. Would have been nice to see him develop here, where I could cheer for the guy. Since I don’t follow the NBA, thanks for your minimum contribution. Buh-bye.

And refused to play the 4 even though it could’ve helped the team.
Yea ok That's what the media mentioned and people ran with it. He pretty much played the 4. The second half of the sec schedule he was every bit of a 4 as much as toppin was.

He was a college 4. He could have been an impactful 4 as a freshman, but since he was already pushing it with his youth, the only way for him to do that was if he knuckled down and strained to be the best 4 he could be starting from day 1. He could have been a stellar college 4 by about his 3rd year but of course that was never on the table.

He wasn't a college 3. He was never going to be able to learn to be an impactful college 3 in his freshman year here no matter what he did from day 1. If he played 3 from day 1 there's obviously a chance he could learn to be an impactful college 3 by his third year or fourth year. But I wouldn't want to be the one betting money even on that.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT