ADVERTISEMENT

Idea for overtime games. No curmudgeons allowed.

Once game goes to overtime, allow players who have fouled out to play … allowing them a 6th foul … just move to 6 fouls for everybody
Or if no one has fouled out, pick one player from each team and take away a foul.

Reactions: megablue
Personally, I would rather see the game end in a tie. It would make it so much more fun when the seeding is done in March.

2nd OT: Each team stands at the freethrow line facing each other. Put dodge balls at half court. Last one standing team wins the game.

rock-paper-scissors.jpg

Imo what kills a basketball game is the fouls at the end, so unexciting. So last 2 minutes of the 2nd half and overtime, no fouls are to be called

Once game goes to overtime, allow players who have fouled out to play … allowing them a 6th foul … just move to 6 fouls for everybody
I was going to say this but you beat me to it. This has been an opinion I’ve had since Jamal Mashburn played. Mashburn fouled out in OT against Duke in ‘92 and again in ‘93 against Michigan. We win both of those games if he doesn’t.

Reactions: megablue
I think it should be exactly like a normal game of basketball, just the time reduced to say 5 mins or so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT