ADVERTISEMENT

I wish Bill Raftery did all of our games on TV

I think he’s fine, I like when it yells “man to man” and “onions”

Raftery is great. He’s as far away from being one that “roots for” anyone as I’ve ever heard.
Thing is though, it’s CBS coverage in general that’s great. Actually SHOW the game they’re covering and TALK ABOUT the game they’re covering instead of scroll bars all over the screen and all talk about women’s soccer, basketball, gymnastics, etc., plus - how long can you drag out the fact Jay Bilas likes Rupp Arena ice cream? ESPN and everything to do with that network is a complete and total joke.

Raftery is great. He’s as far away from being one that “roots for” anyone as I’ve ever heard.
Thing is though, it’s CBS coverage in general that’s great. Actually SHOW the game they’re covering and TALK ABOUT the game they’re covering instead of scroll bars all over the screen and all talk about women’s soccer, basketball, gymnastics, etc., plus - how long can you drag out the fact Jay Bilas likes Rupp Arena ice cream? ESPN and everything to do with that network is a complete and total joke.
I vastly prefer the CBS show all the way around. Especially during March.

I was gonna say the same thing. Count me in on Raftery. I haven’t noticed clear bias. He is animated sometimes but not to the point of Dickie V.
Raftery is like a boisterous, favorite uncle. He's amazingly welcome when he comes around (but you're almost glad he isn't there all the time.).

Reactions: bigbluelou
I don’t hate him but to me Raftery is just Digger Phelps with less basketball acumen. Plus an added creepy factor a la “lingerie” etc. Then he takes underhanded shots at us not too rarely. Have no need for him to slurp us and have no need for him to like us. Just be manly about whatever you choose. Why be underhanded. For reasons like this a guy like Raftery is way behind a guy like Cowherd in my book.

I love packer. I always think he’s pretty pro uk. CBS is the standard of college basketball unless Clark Kellogg’s is calling

I often hit the mute button when i watch basketball and football games. drives my wife nuts. i like the crowd noise but the announcers i can do without. many years i had a satellite system that let me mute the announcers only—loved it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT