ADVERTISEMENT

I was wrong.

Dec 6, 2014
I predicted a starting lineup change was coming. I was wrong. Putting our best 2 guards on the court at the start of a game isn't going to happen. This must be some new age analytical coaching thing. Maybe Jordan would have more rings if he came off the bench? I doubt Phil Jackson would have lasted that long trying that strategy. Or am I the crazy one? 🤪

Thank goodness! I was afraid there would be no thread whining about Calipari's starting line-up today just because Kentucky beat a presumed 1-seed on their home court -- while playing a terrific, complete game. Just because there have been 500 other threads on this, it still would have felt odd not to have another.

A lot of the trolls and chronic complainers are hiding out today. Glad to see this type of thread can still find a voice on Rafters.

Thank goodness! I was afraid there would be no thread whining about Calipari's starting line-up today just because Kentucky beat a presumed 1-seed on their home court -- while playing a terrific, complete game. Just because there have been 500 other threads on this, it still would have felt odd not to have another.

A lot of the trolls and chronic complainers are hiding out today. Glad to see this type of thread can still find a voice on Rafters.
I’m glad that you were able to throw in a couple of paragraphs to complain.

Thank goodness! I was afraid there would be no thread whining about Calipari's starting line-up today just because Kentucky beat a presumed 1-seed on their home court -- while playing a terrific, complete game.
Agreed, other than that 60-second stretch at the end of the game. 😏

Win with the best and lose with the best. I can stomach that. Up is down and down is up, is how I feel about this situation. If there is some way you can convince me our starting lineup is our best, I'll consider not speaking the truth. We have excellent guards, all 4 of them, but the 2 best aren't starting. I'm just trying to rationalize how that happens. There is absolutely no logical answer. Go Cats! Kyle Macy was my hero as a kid. I'm no troll.

Last edited:
Reactions: susan2361
First, I hope we win it all, the SEC and NCAA National Championship. But those who expected a change have no recognition of Cal's history. I shared in several other posts that all you have to do is look at past seasons and know that change was never going to occur.

I use to love Cal. But, his arrogance seems to just be part of the fabric. His post game where he dissed or ignored Reed's accomplishments was uncalled for but not unusual. If he was genuinely self analytical he might have been forthright to admit that the team was not ready for a high pressure press to pass the ball from the end line. That's on the coach not the players. In fact, in observing Reed on the court he was directing several times other players and is more of a in-game coach than Cal. Plus, you never want an end of the game to be close under his watch.

I am thrilled we won. It feels great. Let's hope our team is good enough to overcome some interesting, at times, coaching decisions. I did think Cal did a decent job in substitutions in this game and had them better prepared for a physical game. So everything doesn't have to be simply one way or the other. But pay attention to history and don't expect anything different. If you again listened to his post game comments it is self-evident.

I predicted a starting lineup change was coming. I was wrong. Putting our best 2 guards on the court at the start of a game isn't going to happen. This must be some new age analytical coaching thing. Maybe Jordan would have more rings if he came off the bench? I doubt Phil Jackson would have lasted that long trying that strategy. Or am I the crazy one? 🤪
You was wrong . Cal stated many weeks ago he wasn’t changing the starting lineup

Reactions: lcp3557CATS
Grant Hill (who knows a thing or two about basketball success) commented on the CBS broadcast that Sheppard and Dillingham coming off the bench is a non-issue. He said they get plenty of minutes and they are on the court when the game is on the line. He also said Reed and Rob are fine with it and it helps the team not to let egos get in the way.

Win with the best and lose with the best. I can stomach that. Up is down and down is up, is how I feel about this situation. If there is some way you can convince me our starting lineup is our best, I'll consider not speaking the truth. We have excellent guards, all 4 of them, but the 2 best aren't starting. I'm just trying to rationalize how that happens. There is absolutely no logical answer. Go Cats! Kyle Macey was my hero as a kid. I'm no troll.
Macy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT