ADVERTISEMENT

I want dawgs.

SemperFiCat

All-American
Mar 2, 2009
Central Indy
All this talk of freshman this, transfer that, rankings, position, yada yada. Frankly, the one characteristic I'm most concerned about is, are they dawgs? Will they fight? If we are truly "positionless basketball", fill me out a roster with dudes with some gravel in their gut. IMO, that's what's really been lacking on some recent rosters. And it's been on plenty of less talented rosters that have beaten us. Stats and stars look good on paper. Give me some hard nosed dawgs on the court. I want to out work other teams. Out effort them.

Stetson-Bennett-Them-Dawgs-Is-Hell-Shirt_1_1-800x800.jpg

I want dawgs that are put in positions to win regardless of what the coach wishes they would or could do. Play zone. Play the best point guard. Develop the bench. Condition the hell out of them over the summer. Win. And then win again
If only a certain somebody was capable

Reactions: chroix
I’m with you. Seems like everybody has had those guys recently but us. Just straight up dudes who will beat teams just because they want it more. Fighters. 3 or 4 guys that opposing teams hate to see coming because they know they are about to get beat. I need that kind of UK basketball team back in my life soon. Please sweet Heavenly Father

Cal recruits greyhounds. He gets dogs but they look like they may break an arm going for a loose ball. Or he gets dogs that are like teacup Chihuahas. Maybe an undeveloped bull mastiff here and there. We need a team of Dobermans and German shepherds or malinois. Dogs that dominate but also are intelligent.

All this talk of freshman this, transfer that, rankings, position, yada yada. Frankly, the one characteristic I'm most concerned about is, are they dawgs? Will they fight? If we are truly "positionless basketball", fill me out a roster with dudes with some gravel in their gut. IMO, that's what's really been lacking on some recent rosters. And it's been on plenty of less talented rosters that have beaten us. Stats and stars look good on paper. Give me some hard nosed dawgs on the court. I want to out work other teams. Out effort them.
Kids are too soft today. Tell me who is going to bust their butt with NIL money in their pocket and no financial obligations like food, lodging, electric, to put stress on a budget. CBB is dead, stick a fork in it.

• Sad
Reactions: Wonky and Fox2monk
I've been disappointed in my dawg radar, I though wallace was a dog, but he was kind of a pup, I thought our point guard the year before who transferred to texas was a dog, but he was a D II player. I thought Livingston was for sure a dog but he was like 60% dog. It may be that all kids today are soft. Having said that, hope springs eternal and I think DJ is a dog.

Cal recruits greyhounds. He gets dogs but they look like they may break an arm going for a loose ball. Or he gets dogs that are like teacup Chihuahas. Maybe an undeveloped bull mastiff here and there. We need a team of Dobermans and German shepherds or malinois. Dogs that dominate but also are intelligent.
Yeah, like Cuz, Bledsoe, Randle, etc.

Weaklings Cal recruited.

Did y’all just start watching the candyasses of the last 3 seasons?

Cal should have shipped out the whole ‘21 team. And never brought Wheeler here.

Biggest bunch of sissies on one team I’ve witnessed in 60 years of UK fandom.

Has UK ever had a more timid player than Toppin?

Levon Williams comes to mind. But Levon would steal Toppin’s lunch.

Reactions: Wonky

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Tennessee had dawgs. How did that work out?

Solid nope. I need dudes that can fight out a win when shots aren't falling. Get rebounds, get steals etc.

We did that plenty lmao. I need our best shooters to not be made of glass and be in a bullet proof vest half the season and not go 1-15 when it matters the most. Thanks

Reactions: Fox2monk
We did that plenty lmao. I need our best shooters to not be made of glass and be in a bullet proof vest half the season and not go 1-15 when it matters the most. Thanks
Agreed. We just need tough, fighting, sharp shooters with high energy motors. Easy peasy, right? I kid, but good grief, can't we get a couple of them guys on a roster each year?

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT