ADVERTISEMENT

I truly thought we would no have to worry about Brohm until year 2..

My first UK football game I attended was UK/Kansas in Jerry Claiborne`s first year. So thats alot of pretty bad football I Have seen by us over the years. This team, this year is the most disappointed as a fan I have been. I thought with our talent we could maybe finally break through.. i was wrong!

It really is a big let down. 10-2 was right there for the taking on what should have been an up year in the cycle before a step back and retooling next season. Totally shocked at how poorly we've looked on fundamental levels

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
I am not worried about Brohm nor will I ever be. We don’t need to worry about other teams, we need to get our house in order. Going to 9 SEC games next will cause many to want to dump this series. I say dump the Mac teams. It does no good playing far inferior opponents. A tune up game or two sure but we get nothing out of those games but an exaggerated opinion of how good we are. Gonna have to start winning 5-6 games in conference. That’s our focal point.

They want you to pay a subscription to post on Louisville 24/7 board (not doing that) and the rivals board is pretty dead
Actually respect this post, was honest.

The 7's rival site was destroyed by a few, we could name them they hang around here but we all know who they are.

I like that the MODS here don't ban 7's fans from posting.

Let's give him a couple more years to see how things shake out. He came into this season as barely a .500 P5 coach. The school he dumped to take the U6 job is currently 3-8 so he didn't exactly leave them stacked with talent. While he's making hay vs weak opponents, he won't be able to dodge FSU, Clemson, UNC forever and Pitt, BC, VA, NC St, Va Tech will eventually catch up.

Let's give him a couple more years to see how things shake out. He came into this season as barely a .500 P5 coach. The school he dumped to take the U6 job is currently 3-8 so he didn't exactly leave them stacked with talent. While he's making hay vs weak opponents, he won't be able to dodge FSU, Clemson, UNC forever and Pitt, BC, VA, NC St, Va Tech will eventually catch up.
Per Cards1902.

The ACC standings are in order
FSU
Louisville
NC State
Georgia Tech
North Carolina
Virginia Tech
Clemson

We played and beat 3 of the Top 7 and won. Of the other 3 we will play FSU in a couple weeks. So we have only missed a down Clemson team and a UNC team that has been trending downwards. FSU’s backup QB didn’t look bad the other day but we will get to see how he looks against Florida this weekend.

Louisville and UNC have played 4 common opponents so far and Louisville is 3-1 against those 4 and UNC is 2-2. We will see how UNC does against NC State this weekend which is the 5th common opponent.

Louisville and Clemson have played 5 common opponents. Louisville went 5-0 & Clemson 2-3

Louisville and FSU had 5 common opponents
Virginia tech -Louisville won by 31 & FSU won by 22
Boston College Louisville won by 28 & FSU won by 2
Pitt -Louisville lost by 17 and FSU won by 17
Duke- Louisville won by 23 & FSU won by 18
Miami- they both beat Miami by 7

Reactions: ReggThaCard
I live in Louisville and this game always means something to me. Partially because of the fact that Louisville has always thought they were so much better as a program than is actual truth. For so many years they played in very mediocre conferences where they had to get up for maybe three or four games a year. That is taking nothing away from them, they started in a baseball stadium, and their Board of directors actually voted to remove the whole football program back in the late 70`s. I have friends who have played for them , and of course friends who are fans. I said from the first time I saw their schedule " they can win 9 games! Hell Satterfield could win 9 with this schedule"- This I do believe is partly true But I have watched them and they are extremely well coached, their players play as a unit and believe they are going to win. Unlike us the past two years where we are too busy thumping our own chest. Georgia would beat them 45-14, and Bama would beat them about the same, BUT they may have won every other game on our schedule. Who knows? al lI know is they look like a football team that is prepared for whomever they play, and we have not looked good for even the cupcakes on our schedule. The florida win was it, and they have turned out to be very, very average. We just are not a very good football team, and this hurts me to the chore. I am a life long optimistic Cat fan, but this team has gotten the best of me.. PLEASE just show up Saturday Boys! We have more talent that Louisville, but they are far more adequately coached than us.
We don't have to worry about Jeff Brohm. Over a period of time, UL will not beat UK very many times unless UK's football program gets back in trouble with sanctioning bodies again for some reason. Perhaps Brohm will beat Stoops this coming Saturday. Admittedly, I didn't believe SCar could beat us, so I won't predict this next game either way. But over a period of time, UL football < UK football and ACC football < SEC football. What we need to worry about now is hanging onto our 2024 recruiting class and hiring effective OL, WR, and DB position coaches in this offseason. If we do that much right, the rest will take care of itself.

Maybe the coaching has something to do with Purdue dropping to 3-8 and UofL improving to 10-1.

We don't have to worry about Jeff Brohm. Over a period of time, UL will not beat UK very many times unless UK's football program gets back in trouble with sanctioning bodies again for some reason. Perhaps Brohm will beat Stoops this coming Saturday. Admittedly, I didn't believe SCar could beat us, so I won't predict this next game either way. But over a period of time, UL football < UK football and ACC football < SEC football. What we need to worry about now is hanging onto our 2024 recruiting class and hiring effective OL, WR, and DB position coaches in this offseason. If we do that much right, the rest will take care of itself.
Whistling past the graveyard my friend?

Reactions: jrn71
Whistling past the graveyard my friend?
Not at all. Pride goeth before the fall, my friend. You are not on UL's board. I honestly don't give a damn what goes on in Louisville, and I never have. I care about seeing our football program get better. And, right now, our coaching staff needs upgrades at multiple positions.

You guys are currently in a positive frame of mind, while our team is not. You will play at home on Saturday and you ought to win. If you don't, that would really say a mouthful. And if you do, then enjoy it. Because it won't last. ACC football < SEC football, and you know it.

We would have beat Clemson and unc this year.

• Haha
Reactions: Pervis_Griffith
The starting QB came from Cal. A backup QB and an OT came from Purdue.
Ok, I didn't know he left Purdue for a year!

Jack Plummer - Wikipedia

Purdue (2019–2021) California (2022) Louisville (2023–present) High school. Gilbert ( Gilbert, Arizona) Stats at ESPN.com. Jack Plummer (born October 21, 1999) is an American football quarterback who currently plays for the Louisville Cardinals .

Reactions: Lamar Card
You can say what you want about UL and their schedule. Bottom line is this they execute, play good fundamental football, are prepared, have team chemistry/puprose etc

I agree their schedule is light but they took care of business. Brohm/UL took advantage of an opportunity whereas we have looked unprepared and lost week in and week out.

You Tards coming over here talking shit. Enjoy that freedom. The 5 year olds that run that crummy shitty BB you call home would ban folks in a heartbeat. Take heed.
I was not talking sh!t, you said Louisville absolutely suck. I just pointed out that a lot of people that vote in the Coaches Poll, The AP Poll and the CFP Poll disagrees with your statement.

Trust me if I wanted to talk shit I certainly could but it would probably end with me getting banned.

I am not worried about Brohm nor will I ever be. We don’t need to worry about other teams, we need to get our house in order. Going to 9 SEC games next will cause many to want to dump this series. I say dump the Mac teams. It does no good playing far inferior opponents. A tune up game or two sure but we get nothing out of those games but an exaggerated opinion of how good we are. Gonna have to start winning 5-6 games in conference. That’s our focal point.
I'm confident that if we tried to dump this series that the state legislature would get involved and threaten to make us play like basketball. I also agree that we should dump a MAC cupcake or whatever. Time to play big boy football.

Read again moron. Hurt/ out is what the post said. Dukes QB was hurt two weeks before and sat out a game. He was not close to 100% and eventually went out. Miami had benched their QB. His replacement had them ahead in the 4th quarter at Florida St. He was lost for the season and the benched QB came in and lost the game. Miami had benched him. He was replaced!! He was not the starting QB. He would not have played against you if the other guy wasn’t hurt n lost for the season. Don’t question me again.
If you don’t count beating a team with an already hurt quarterback, do you count beating us with Cunningham who couldn’t raise his left arm last year? Plus our top two running backs were out. Yet the stats from both teams were close, even though we had Gomer as our coach.

I'm confident that if we tried to dump this series that the state legislature would get involved and threaten to make us play like basketball. I also agree that we should dump a MAC cupcake or whatever. Time to play big boy football.
I think the SEC would be more so why the game is played, they wouldn’t like that look which also would involve the other teams that play against the ACC on rivalry week.

If you don’t count beating a team with an already hurt quarterback, do you count beating us with Cunningham who couldn’t raise his left arm last year? Plus our top two running backs were out. Yet the stats from both teams were close, even though we had Gomer as our coach.
How did we go from you questioning my take on you playing 3 teams this year without the QB being healthy or out to Cunningham?
Fact: You have played the worst power 5 schedule in the country.
Fact: You have gotten lucky enough to play 3 of those teams WITHOUT a healthy/ starting QB. When you play Fl St.
Fact: You have zero wins over a team currently ranked in the top 20
Fact: You have zero wins over any team that doesn’t have 3 losses.
Fact: Luckiest run to a NY6 bowl in college football history.
Fact: U6 fans ignore all of these FACTS and are beating their chests like they have played our schedule.
Our Facts. We have lost to teams ranked 1,6,9 and 20. Three of those teams have one loss or less this year.
Fact: I would respect you beating your U6 drum if you were 10-1 against that. P.S. our schedule gets harder next year.

Last edited:
How did we go from you questioning my take on you playing 3 teams this year without the QB being healthy or out to Cunningham?
Fact: You have played the worst power 5 schedule in the country.
Fact: You have gotten lucky enough to play 3 of those teams WITHOUT a healthy/ starting QB. When you play Fl St.
Fact: You have zero wins over a team currently ranked in the top 20
Fact: You have zero wins over any team that doesn’t have 3 losses.
Fact: Luckiest run to a NY6 bowl in college football history.
Fact: U6 fans ignore all of these FACTS and are beating their chests like they have played our schedule.
Our Facts. We have lost to teams ranked 1,6,9 and 20. Three of those teams have one loss or less this year.
Fact: I would respect you beating your U6 drum if you were 10-1 against that. P.S. our schedule gets harder next year.
Let’s breakdown your facts shall we

1. The easiest P5 Schedule: that isn’t fact that is your opinion. Fact is by the end of the day Louisville could have wins over 8 bowl eligible teams. Our current SOS using Sagarin is 1 spot behind Michigan & 3 spots behind Georgia.
2. On the healthy/hurt QB: The Miami QB we faced is the same one who started every game this year but 1. Neither of us knows if Miami would have stuck with the kid who got hurt as he was 8/23 for the game before getting hurt.
3. On the Top 20 wins: Thankfully they base it on the Top 25.
4. Hey you got one correct
5. That is your Opinion not a fact. If you want some facts since 1991 Louisville has played in the Fiesta, Orange & Sugar Bowls and won all 3. UK hasn’t been to one of the Top 4 Bowl in 73 years.
6. Yeah UK has lost to 3 Top 10 teams but you were not competitive in any of those games.

As a UK fan with a coach in his 11th year vs a 1st yr. HC of someone we have dominated for several years this is troublesome to me. I hope we win today, but I just don't see it. Sad state of affairs for our program. Speaks loud volumes for the leadership of the program!!! GOCATS!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT