ADVERTISEMENT

I truly thought we would no have to worry about Brohm until year 2..

BLUEDOUG46

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 4, 2012
I live in Louisville and this game always means something to me. Partially because of the fact that Louisville has always thought they were so much better as a program than is actual truth. For so many years they played in very mediocre conferences where they had to get up for maybe three or four games a year. That is taking nothing away from them, they started in a baseball stadium, and their Board of directors actually voted to remove the whole football program back in the late 70`s. I have friends who have played for them , and of course friends who are fans. I said from the first time I saw their schedule " they can win 9 games! Hell Satterfield could win 9 with this schedule"- This I do believe is partly true But I have watched them and they are extremely well coached, their players play as a unit and believe they are going to win. Unlike us the past two years where we are too busy thumping our own chest. Georgia would beat them 45-14, and Bama would beat them about the same, BUT they may have won every other game on our schedule. Who knows? al lI know is they look like a football team that is prepared for whomever they play, and we have not looked good for even the cupcakes on our schedule. The florida win was it, and they have turned out to be very, very average. We just are not a very good football team, and this hurts me to the chore. I am a life long optimistic Cat fan, but this team has gotten the best of me.. PLEASE just show up Saturday Boys! We have more talent that Louisville, but they are far more adequately coached than us.

I live in Louisville and this game always means something to me. Partially because of the fact that Louisville has always thought they were so much better as a program than is actual truth. For so many years they played in very mediocre conferences where they had to get up for maybe three or four games a year. That is taking nothing away from them, they started in a baseball stadium, and their Board of directors actually voted to remove the whole football program back in the late 70`s. I have friends who have played for them , and of course friends who are fans. I said from the first time I saw their schedule " they can win 9 games! Hell Satterfield could win 9 with this schedule"- This I do believe is partly true But I have watched them and they are extremely well coached, their players play as a unit and believe they are going to win. Unlike us the past two years where we are too busy thumping our own chest. Georgia would beat them 45-14, and Bama would beat them about the same, BUT they may have won every other game on our schedule. Who knows? al lI know is they look like a football team that is prepared for whomever they play, and we have not looked good for even the cupcakes on our schedule. The florida win was it, and they have turned out to be very, very average. We just are not a very good football team, and this hurts me to the chore. I am a life long optimistic Cat fan, but this team has gotten the best of me.. PLEASE just show up Saturday Boys! We have more talent that Louisville, but they are far more adequately coached than us.
To be fair Miami and Notre Dame had more talent than Louisville too.

They want you to pay a subscription to post on Louisville 24/7 board (not doing that) and the rivals board is pretty dead

They want you to pay a subscription to post on Louisville 24/7 board (not doing that) and the rivals board is pretty dead
Fair enough. And what Brohm is doing is impressive so far. Certainly making you guys happier than Stoops is making us lately. I just hope that in spite of all that, our team can wake up and lay one more surprise beatdown.

Fair enough. And what Brohm is doing is impressive so far. Certainly making you guys happier than Stoops is making us lately. I just hope that in spite of all that, our team can wake up and lay one more surprise beatdown.
Shyttttt I’m never counting you guys out. Those days been way over. You guys have plenty weapons and plenty talent.

Reactions: grevey35
Really doesn’t matter what the Cards schedule looks like, they’re trending up and have some good NIL support from what I understand. And you don’t see Brohm throwing his guys under the bus by making statements like “pony up”. Yeah, I’d like to play that schedule but anyone thinking we’d be 10-1 with our issues is fooling themselves. SOS doesn’t change our lack of discipline and shit talking without being able to back it up. You see issues coming out like some guys saying Leary is soft but you have guys like Brown (and others) who shit talk like they’re all-pro and haven’t done anything but hurt this program with their half-ass play. Then guys like Key making their first TD catch and getting a pf for patting Vandy guy on the helmet, just overinflated egos that never seem to be called out. Hope we play out of our minds Saturday to keep the streak going but even a win isn’t going to change how I view the trajectory of this program right now. Not that my opinion matters, it really doesn’t but it seems we’ve lost any momentum we had and guys viewed as our best playmakers haven’t come close to holding up their end of the deal. Honestly hope some of those guys transfer, especially Brown.

U6 is so lucky. They avoid the better teams in the acc and make the championship game. And now Fla State losses their starting QB.
UL got lucky with the schedule, but they also got lucky in several games where late breaks all went their way. Sometimes it’s just your year, and it appears to be so with UL this year. Hopefully UK can pull out a win. I don’t think it’s as improbable as people make it out to be, especially after watching UL play. Stoops/White/Coen just need to find ways to counter UL’s hyper aggressive defense.

U6 is so lucky. They avoid the better teams in the acc and make the championship game. And now Fla State losses their starting QB.

Iirc Duke or NC was without their starting QB too. It's unbelievable how many breaks fell in their favor this year. Not to mention the endless amounts of huge calls that went their way bailing them out of a few games. They should've lost to VA tech and NC state had the officials not intervened.

Don't get me wrong, brohm is ahead of schedule but even if he produced as expected, with that schedule, they still come into our game with 7-8 wins.

UL got lucky with the schedule, but they also got lucky in several games where late breaks all went their way. Sometimes it’s just your year, and it appears to be so with UL this year. Hopefully UK can pull out a win. I don’t think it’s as improbable as people make it out to be, especially after watching UL play. Stoops/White/Coen just need to find ways to counter UL’s hyper aggressive defense.
Preseason it was assumed UNC and Clemson would compete with FSU for the title. That didn't happen. NCSt and Miami both beat Clemson. UofL beat both NCSt and Miami.....at their place. GT and UVA both beat UNC. UofL beat both GT and UVA.

Schedule rankings change as the season progress. Sagarin currently ranks UofL 64 and UK 51.

Tell me about those late breaks for UofL. That would interest me. Because in my world UofL has to beat the opposing team and the ACC refs to gain a victory. Yes, I am biased.

I can only like post. I can’t reply and when I tried to message a mod I was told that I had to be a paid subscriber to send a direct message
You should be able to POST and REPLY in 6 boards. Yes, DIRECT MESSAGE requires a paid subscription. I am familiar with the free account as mine has been free for years. I am currently on a one year paid subscription for a special price of 60% off.

Louisville has had the stars align. Garbage schedule w/a good staff, have gotten those close wins, and the ACC is really down this year (F$U was the only good to great team and they are done now that their QB is out for the year). With that said, they can and will kick our a$$e$ if we aren't 100% ready to scrap.

The key will be running the ball. They like to blitz and create havoc so it's important to continue our OL dominance and smash it down their throats, get their safeties in the box, and go play action. If we can run and don't abandoned it for long periods of time, we will win. If not, UL will cruise to a victory.

Preseason it was assumed UNC and Clemson would compete with FSU for the title. That didn't happen. NCSt and Miami both beat Clemson. UofL beat both NCSt and Miami.....at their place. GT and UVA both beat UNC. UofL beat both GT and UVA.

Schedule rankings change as the season progress. Sagarin currently ranks UofL 64 and UK 51.

Tell me about those late breaks for UofL. That would interest me. Because in my world UofL has to beat the opposing team and the ACC refs to gain a victory. Yes, I am biased.
You sound like a UK fan haha

Shyttttt I’m never counting you guys out. Those days been way over. You guys have plenty weapons and plenty talent.
Maybe, but UK has problems that can't be fixed in a week. I am quite surprised that UL is only a 7 point favorite. Based on other games we have played against top 10 that line should be at least 21.

The key will be running the ball. They like to blitz and create havoc so it's important to continue our OL dominance and smash it down their throats, get their safeties in the box, and go play action. If we can run and don't abandoned it for long periods of time, we will win. If not, UL will cruise to a victory.
Louisville's season changed defensively when two things happened: 1. they went to a Bear front after the Ga Tech/IU/BC stretch where those offenses ran something of a high number of RPOs, adding somebody to the LOS and stemming the 3 interior linemen between the tackles, and 2. they got healthy on the defensive front. DT Lole was an all-Pac 10 player at AZ State but had been hurt since getting to Louisville and is a load, and they also started getting DTs Tell and Dawson back from early season injuries. The biggest has probably been Mason Reiger at DE who has stuffed a season's worth of highlights into about 5 games. When he is on the field in long yardage on the Edge opposite Ashton Gillotte they bring alot of heat. Louisville plays and rotates ALOT of defensive linemen. I've only watched portions of a few of your SEC games, but I doubt you have played anybody that rotates DTs in the numbers Louisville does. Lole, Tell, Dawson, Clark, Puryear and then you get into Tawfiq Thomas and Selah Brown in more limited snaps. They don't play consecutive series much.

Louisville usually sends 4 or 5 out of that front and what is often confused for blitzing is the amount of stunting they do; it looks unorthodox to have someone like Gillotte loop all the way from an end into a gap generally blocked by a center, and have one of the smaller DTs like Puryear loop all the way around to the outside but it has been wildly effective. They don't do that with Reiger; he just looks to beat an OT in the traditional DE mold.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soupbean
Brohm has done a great job up there this year. And the proof in that is that there aren't many stars there but the ones that are there are playing over their heads and with great energy every game. And Brohm is demanding it from them too. I watched the Virginia game and saw him really involved and a couple of times really getting after guys and that was AFTER really positive plays on for them. That tells me he set a standard for them to live up to.

Like to see more of that from Stoops. Other than getting on the refs he looks lost a lot and not as involved almost like he's just watching it like I am. Love to see him huddling up with the Defense when they come off of Oline or start yanking some knots in tails when guys get senseless penalties or act out.

I want the same thing from Stoops that I want from Cal and that is this . . . when the game starts I want to know how many points difference are YOU going to make in this game. Not the week of practice before, or the pre-game speech, how many points and edge can you as head coach make for us every game once they kick off. In adjustments, exploiting matchups, play calls, game management, clock management, making sure we get lined up and play with aggression, whatever. What can you do Coach Stoops yourself to make a difference in games.

Louisville's season changed defensively when two things happened: 1. they went to a Bear front after the Ga Tech/IU/BC stretch where those offenses ran something of a high number of RPOs, adding somebody to the LOS and stemming the 3 interior linemen between the tackles, and 2. they got healthy on the defensive front. DT Lole was an all-Pac 10 player at AZ State but had been hurt since getting to Louisville and is a load, and they also started getting DTs Tell and Dawson back from early season injuries. The biggest has probably been Mason Reiger at DE who has stuffed a season's worth of highlights into about 5 games. When he is on the field in long yardage on the Edge opposite Ashton Gillotte they bring alot of heat.

Louisville usually sends 4 or 5 out of that front and what is often confused for blitzing is the amount of stunting they do; it looks unorthodox to have someone like Gillotte loop all the way from an end into a gap generally blocked by a center, but it has been wildly effective. They do that with Reiger; he just looks to beat an OT in the traditional DE mold.
They are relentless up front and that makes up for a size gap.

Really doesn’t matter what the Cards schedule looks like, they’re trending up and have some good NIL support from what I understand. And you don’t see Brohm throwing his guys under the bus by making statements like “pony up”. Yeah, I’d like to play that schedule but anyone thinking we’d be 10-1 with our issues is fooling themselves. SOS doesn’t change our lack of discipline and shit talking without being able to back it up. You see issues coming out like some guys saying Leary is soft but you have guys like Brown (and others) who shit talk like they’re all-pro and haven’t done anything but hurt this program with their half-ass play. Then guys like Key making their first TD catch and getting a pf for patting Vandy guy on the helmet, just overinflated egos that never seem to be called out. Hope we play out of our minds Saturday to keep the streak going but even a win isn’t going to change how I view the trajectory of this program right now. Not that my opinion matters, it really doesn’t but it seems we’ve lost any momentum we had and guys viewed as our best playmakers haven’t come close to holding up their end of the deal. Honestly hope some of those guys transfer, especially Brown.
Great post! I can almost guarantee you that we woulnt have given Notre Dame a game. We would have pissed down our legs because of their ranking and name.

Duke and Miami both played their starting QBs. Both started, Duke’s QB left in 4th and hasn’t played since. Don’t speak on what you don’t know.
Duke and Miami also were playing with hurt/ backup QBs. They just can’t get any luckier. It’s impossible.

Well said.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
The ACC standings are in order
FSU
Louisville
NC State
Georgia Tech
North Carolina
Virginia Tech
Clemson

We played and beat 3 of the Top 7 and won. Of the other 3 we will play FSU in a couple weeks. So we have only missed a down Clemson team and a UNC team that has been trending downwards. FSU’s backup QB didn’t look bad the other day but we will get to see how he looks against Florida this weekend.

Louisville and UNC have played 4 common opponents so far and Louisville is 3-1 against those 4 and UNC is 2-2. We will see how UNC does against NC State this weekend which is the 5th common opponent.

Louisville and Clemson have played 5 common opponents. Louisville went 5-0 & Clemson 2-3

Louisville and FSU had 5 common opponents
Virginia tech -Louisville won by 31 & FSU won by 22
Boston College Louisville won by 28 & FSU won by 2
Pitt -Louisville lost by 17 and FSU won by 17
Duke- Louisville won by 23 & FSU won by 18
Miami- they both beat Miami by 7

Duke and Miami both played their starting QBs. Both started, Duke’s QB left in 4th and hasn’t played since. Don’t speak on what you don’t know.
Read again moron. Hurt/ out is what the post said. Dukes QB was hurt two weeks before and sat out a game. He was not close to 100% and eventually went out. Miami had benched their QB. His replacement had them ahead in the 4th quarter at Florida St. He was lost for the season and the benched QB came in and lost the game. Miami had benched him. He was replaced!! He was not the starting QB. He would not have played against you if the other guy wasn’t hurt n lost for the season. Don’t question me again.

Last edited:
Hopefully we still have an advantage on the lines. Having to play who we played could make this game more like the FL game if our lines play like they can.

Reactions: grevey35
Louisville has been hobbled with their star RB, WR and OL hobbled or not playing at all the past few weeks.

We have to worry about UK. With the talent we have on this roster, we shouldn't be struggling like this on offense and our defense should be playing better as well. I really don't understand what has happened this year that we are having these conversations.

Reactions: BLUEDOUG46
Bringing an experienced quarterback and other players from Purdue helped that would have been considered a big no/no in times past

We have to worry about UK. With the talent we have on this roster, we shouldn't be struggling like this on offense and our defense should be playing better as well. I really don't understand what has happened this year that we are having these conversations.
My first UK football game I attended was UK/Kansas in Jerry Claiborne`s first year. So thats alot of pretty bad football I Have seen by us over the years. This team, this year is the most disappointed as a fan I have been. I thought with our talent we could maybe finally break through.. i was wrong!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT