ADVERTISEMENT

I truly believe if you gave some posters this roster.

@bradyjames are you the same Brady James that has given away game tickets in the past? If so Ive always respected your opinion as someone in the know. What are your current thoughts on the present and future of Kentucky basketball?
We have given some away in the past. This year I thought it was a chore rather than a gift so we didn’t.

I think we are screwed. It’s a shame.

Reed, Rob, Reeves, Edwards and Z start. DJ, Ugo, Thiero and Mitchell off the bench when needed. Where's my 9 mil a year?

• Love
Reactions: ManitouDan
Where's Rex when you need him???

Rex needs to get Cal gone before this NCAA tourney starts. Heck bring back Tubby and Payne back just for this NCAA tourney! They'd have a MUCH better chance to win it... NO Chance with Cow and Barn Door...

Nohody gives a 💩 what your seed is. We care about results. You make all the excuses you want. I’ll say it daily that Cal sucks as a coach in 2024. UK and UK fans deserve better.

lol, Covid year.

All teams had the Covid year.

From a buddy.

Just a reminder, Tubby Smith got (rightfully) roasted at the end. His last 5 years though:
02-03: #1 overall seed
03-04: #1 overall seed
04-05: E8
05-06: 2nd round
06-07: 2nd round
Nobody as in fans that don't like Cal.
IMO though Mitch wants no part of it.
It's not like Cal is low hanging fruit.
It would take balls for Mitch to move against Cal.
I don't think he would want to go on national television and explain his reasons especially when the host will probably try to hammer home the counterpoint.
I also don't think he's prepared to deal with everything that goes away with Cal.
I'm also not sure if Eli would even allow him to entertain the idea.
Who is it exactly that's making Mitch's seat hot?
It can't be the fanbase with 525,000 reported home attendance.
He didn't see apathy in Nashville yesterday.
I'm sure the program financials are good.
I also don't understand the infatuation with Joe Craft as some kind of anti Cal Moses.
Never seen Craft as a rouge over zealous booster who would attempt a coup of the basketball program the way Bobby Lauter did with Auburn football.
My position on Cal is not that I'm a huge fan of his or that he is at the top of his game at the present.
I believe he should either walk away on his own or be allowed to coach out his contract.
I think thats the best for the long term success of the program.

Our starters yesterday (Wagner, Edwards, Reeves, Ugo, Theiro) produced 32 points.
Four of our bench players (Dilly, Sheppard, Big Z, Mitchell) produced 55 points.
It's a no-brainer to at least try a different starting lineup to prevent getting down early.

Reactions: Pewee Cat and BBUK
Our starters yesterday (Wagner, Edwards, Reeves, Ugo, Theiro) produced 32 points.
Four of our bench players (Dilly, Sheppard, Big Z, Mitchell) produced 55 points.
It's a no-brainer to at least try a different starting lineup to prevent getting down early.

Watch it with the stats!

2 areas tell you Cal has quit ACTUALLY teaching the game:

1. Defensive rotation- I am SOOOOO SICK of this group of future NBA players NOT knowing how to hedge, close out on shooters and stay between their man and the goal. Heck, my middle school coach could teach this team how to in 2 practices!!

2. Blocking out- It is BEYOND RIDICULOUS how AGAIN these future NBA players DON'T put a body on someone when the ball goes up!!! And it happens all over the floor, not just in the paint. DJ stood under the goal and WATCHED the ball come off and the A&M Big grabbed the ball with DJ not even ATTEMPTING to block him out. Then Justin was guarding out front and an A&M player jacked up a long 3 and the ball came off long and he just stood there instead of going after the long rebound by putting his body on the shooter!!! The A&M kid got the ball and whipped it to his teammate and they scored.

Giving up 50/50 balls and offensive rebounds have been the MAIN reason we have lost 9 games!!!!

Cal KNOWS this yet he has gotten SOOOOO SORRY as a coach that he CAN'T fix it, even with a team FULL of competent players!!! Heck, he made JORTS a decent defender and rebounder!!!!

Cal has become a JOKE!!!!

Last edited:
Tubby did not get fired.
Every player Cal has put in the NBA would publicly condemn the UK Administration.
Where you and I disagree is you think the program could take that hit and come out unscathed and immediately start to prosper.
What a load of crap . Such a chicken little mindset .. oh my we can’t do any better than John Calipari ? Just nonsense and settling for crap gets you ??? Guess what ? 💩
Such an Indiana mindset . As for worrying what current nba stiffs want to tweet ? Those don’t win games , good coaches do .. I loathe your attitude and couldn’t disagree any stronger .

What a load of crap . Such a chicken little mindset .. oh my we can’t do any better than John Calipari ? Just nonsense and settling for crap gets you ??? Guess what ? 💩
Such an Indiana mindset . As for worrying what current nba stiffs want to tweet ? Those don’t win games , good coaches do .. I loathe your attitude and couldn’t disagree any stronger .
I didn't necessarily say we couldn't do better.
Where you and I disagree is with forcing him out.
Cals players will do more than tweet.
Most would probably disassociate from the program entirely.
Dude Cal is a gangster.
If you believe he will just get pushed aside I don't know what to tell you.
If you are one of the posters that said if forced out he (Cal) would attempt to burn it to the ground on the way out, then I wholeheartedly agree.
Still don't know who the anti Cal posse is counting on to make it all happen.
Somebody with some power has to be willing to roll with you.

No need to quote Skyprince again but I’ll say this — he’s the kinda guy who obviously equates Kentucky success with the NBA . He’s a follow the money guy thinking money equates to power — in a way , yes it does , but without winning it means nothing to the average BBN member. The 10s of thousands of us who wouldn’t care if another NBA game was ever played or if some dude who spent 9 months in Lex for a year makes 2 mil a year in Italy .. we don’t care ! We care about the U of K and maintaining the winningest program of all time . That’s our tradition , not freaking draft night . Sky and I strongly disagree on what defines Kentucky

No need to quote Skyprince again but I’ll say this — he’s the kinda guy who obviously equates Kentucky success with the NBA . He’s a follow the money guy thinking money equates to power — in a way , yes it does , but without winning it means nothing to the average BBN member. The 10s of thousands of us who wouldn’t care if another NBA game was ever played or if some dude who spent 9 months in Lex for a year makes 2 mil a year in Italy .. we don’t care ! We care about the U of K and maintaining the winningest program of all time . That’s our tradition , not freaking draft night . Sky and I strongly disagree on what defines Kentucky
God bless you! ✊

They would have a better record than Cal.

I coached youth basketball for twenty years and went up against better in game coaches than Cal. They would carve his ass up with even talent.

2-3 zone/m-m combo
Start and play your best players the most.
Have your best scorers shoot the most.
Use your TO’s wisely.

These would result in a better outcome than 24-9.
I guarantee that you could take this talent and pick any high school coach going to the sweet 16 and they would win more games than Cal. Cal is a great guy, has done a lot for people in this state when we have had disasters. Cal is a great recruiter and does have an ability to get all these 5 stars etc to play together, but when it comes to actual coaching Cal lacks greatly, he has admitted in the past they don't work on Free throws in practice, this is left to the player on his own. He doesn't have set out of bounds plays, doesn't zone out of bounds plays under the basket, doesn't run any type of true offense, the list goes on. It is like his coach is just to roll the ball out and scrimmage during practice.

Reactions: ManitouDan
95% of the posters couldn't handle this roster from a personality standpoint even if they had the basketball knowledge to coach the team.
The kids love Cal.
They know how they're going to be coached when they sign.
If you get a totally different coach, you will get a totally different roster of players.
The next coach will have to have a lot of the same philosophies as Cal if he recruits at a high level in today's environment.
There is not another coach in the country that doesn't start his 5 best players.
Period.
There is not another coach in the country who doesn't at least TRY to build a COMPLETE roster.

I would take almost any coach at this point that would just do that.
And teach zone defense.

And stop pissing off the best fanbase in the country.
Yeah. Start There.

There is not another coach in the country that doesn't start his 5 best players.
Period.
There is not another coach in the country who doesn't at least TRY to build a COMPLETE roster.

I would take almost any coach at this point that would just do that.
And teach zone defense.

And stop pissing off the best fanbase in the country.
Yeah. Start There.
🙏

Reactions: cathouse
No way! Talent alone wins the majority of their games. Just think if we didn’t get off to slow starts and played more zone! Not that difficult!

I'm guessing Cal does not play zone because it's not played in the NBA. He pretty much makes it clear it's about getting the kids to the next level. When he did go zone for a few plays yesterday it did shut down for the most part the wide-open lay-ups they were getting, and when forced to shoot from the outside they stumbled allowing us to make a little run. Then back to man and they pull away. His coaching stubbornness not only cost another loss, pissed off many fans, but one thing people sometimes do not consider, look what it cost the city of Nashville. UK floods the place every year spending all over the city. Fans go home when their teams lose, no more spending in Nashville. No telling how much revenue they lose.

You have to care if you are a coach in today's environment.
As a fan you don't have to care.
The OAD players have contributed to a lot of on court success for UK.
Why would anyone want to stop recruiting the best that we can get.
We owe the 12 title and 3 other FF appearances to OAD players.
I don't get the outrage in losing games.
If you've been a fan through Hall, Sutton, Pitino, Tubby, BCG and Cal, you've seen a lot of losses over your lifetime.
It not like UK is a 4-5 loss team year in and year out over their history.
Some posters say they're done with Cal even if he wins a title.
You may be one of those but if so it's some kind of personal thing that's not basketball related

UK turns into IU if you fire Cal and the media and all of the BBNNBA roll hard with Cal plus the 24 class desintigrates.
Not one member of the national sports media would support removing Cal.
It would be a media shit show on top of the fact that the current NIL initiative would have to be rebuilt from scratch.
You really think Drew would want to step into that?
If he did I would guarantee you Scott Drew would kiss the ass of every 24 recruit and promise them everything will be status quo when he takes over.

Pure ass clown take right here.

The University of John Calipari, folks.

Reactions: Jont0805
UK turns into IU if you fire Cal and the media and all of the BBNNBA roll hard with Cal plus the 24 class desintigrates.
Not one member of the national sports media would support removing Cal.
It would be a media shit show on top of the fact that the current NIL initiative would have to be rebuilt from scratch.
You really think Drew would want to step into that?
If he did I would guarantee you Scott Drew would kiss the ass of every 24 recruit and promise them everything will be status quo when he takes over.
The portal makes rebuilding a lot easier, and a new coach would get the fanbase fully on board again

If no FF in two weeks, I would accept the following:

1. Fire/resignation of Calipari with all national attention that brings.
2. All former UK NBA players denounce the state.
3. Entire freshman class re-opens their recruitment.
3. Every current eligible player enters portal.
4. New coach is a big time coach or an up and coming coach. Doesn’t matter.
5. 10 wins next season.
6. NIT or slightly better season after next season while new coach recruits his players and implements his style of play.

I would accept this future if it get’s Calipari out of Kentucky.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT