ADVERTISEMENT

I truly believe if you gave some posters this roster.

bradyjames

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
Murfreesboro , TN
They would have a better record than Cal.

I coached youth basketball for twenty years and went up against better in game coaches than Cal. They would carve his ass up with even talent.

2-3 zone/m-m combo
Start and play your best players the most.
Have your best scorers shoot the most.
Use your TO’s wisely.

These would result in a better outcome than 24-9.

I coached youth basketball for twenty years and went up against better in game coaches than Cal. They would carve his ass up with even talent.

2-3 zone/m-m combo
Use your TO’s wisely.

Cal has just failed on so many levels these last so many years!

@bradyjames are you the same Brady James that has given away game tickets in the past? If so Ive always respected your opinion as someone in the know. What are your current thoughts on the present and future of Kentucky basketball?

In most cases Brady would be insane for saying this, however he is correct in this case.

Idk what happened to the man, but he has horribly regressed as a coach and human.

I've never seen a coach waste so much talent year in and year out. It's taken my soul and crushed my Fandom. It sucks

@bradyjames are you the same Brady James that has given away game tickets in the past? If so Ive always respected your opinion as someone in the know. What are your current thoughts on the present and future of Kentucky basketball?
Same Brady and he is not happy and wants Cal gone. Yes he is up close and personal, so his opinion should tell everyone something

I truly believe with all my heart OP could find 100 guys on here who would have a 500 or better record with these players. Probably 1000 posters that know enough to start the team’s most productive ones.

And according to a lot of folks, we can’t find a guy who coaches for a living that can take over this program.

This place gonna be awesome by next Sunday.

2-3 zone/m-m combo
Use your TO’s wisely.

The absolute dumbest thing is.....not starting his two best players.

Zero reason to still be doing this nonsense. We all know why he's doing it.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I could do a better job. But I would say that aside from the recruiting aspect Cal has failed at most things since 2015 (and even the recruiting has often left glaring holes). Many at the high school and college level outdo him on all the other parts of the job.

2-3 zone/m-m combo
Use your TO’s wisely.

Coming from a guy like you, that’s eye opening. I agree.

The absolute dumbest thing is.....not starting his two best players.

Zero reason to still be doing this nonsense. We all know why he's doing it.
As I sat there watching and listening to the starting lineup introductions I just shook my head. I asked myself, what other coach in the country would be this stupid and pig headed?
The answer I came up with is none.
Hes also incapable of making a defensive adjustment.
Id love to see this team coached by someone else.

2-3 zone/m-m combo
Use your TO’s wisely.

95% of the posters couldn't handle this roster from a personality standpoint even if they had the basketball knowledge to coach the team.
The kids love Cal.
They know how they're going to be coached when they sign.
If you get a totally different coach, you will get a totally different roster of players.
The next coach will have to have a lot of the same philosophies as Cal if he recruits at a high level in today's environment.

95% of the posters couldn't handle this roster from a personality standpoint even if they had the basketball knowledge to coach the team.
The kids love Cal.
They know how they're going to be coached when they sign.
If you get a totally different coach, you will get a totally different roster of players.
The next coach will have to have a lot of the same philosophies as Cal if he recruits at a high level in today's environment.
With all due respect. This is Kentucky basketball. We can’t allow for a five year span like we have had or we end up being IU basketball.

It’s on him. It’s his job and this decade he has failed miserably.

I’ve always had the philosophy that as a coach I need to put my team in the best position to be successful, whether that’s offense or defensive plays then having my best players shoot more than others. I always would try whatever defense I could meaning if I had to switch it 100 times a game to stop the other team then that’s what I did. I can’t say our staff or our coach even believes have of that philosophy.

They will once again not make it out of the first weekend, and Cal will have absolutely wasted one of the best offenses any one of us will ever see.

Three of the best long distance shooters in the history of the program, a team that averages 90 per, and Cal has found a way to lose 10 games with them.

2-3 zone/m-m combo
Use your TO’s wisely.

Amen!

With all due respect. This is Kentucky basketball. We can’t allow for a five year span like we have had or we end up being IU basketball.

UK turns into IU if you fire Cal and the media and all of the BBNNBA roll hard with Cal plus the 24 class desintigrates.
Not one member of the national sports media would support removing Cal.
It would be a media shit show on top of the fact that the current NIL initiative would have to be rebuilt from scratch.
You really think Drew would want to step into that?
If he did I would guarantee you Scott Drew would kiss the ass of every 24 recruit and promise them everything will be status quo when he takes over.

UK turns into IU if you fire Cal and the media and all of the BBNNBA roll hard with Cal plus the 24 class desintigrates.
It would be a media shit show on top of the fact that the current NIL initiative would have to be rebuilt from scratch.
If he did I would guarantee you Scott Drew would kiss the ass of every 24 recruit and promise them everything will be status quo when he takes over.
The media didn’t approve of Tubby either. We aren’t trying to win a popularity contest. We are trying to be the gold standard.

Stop feeding into fear of the unknown. What I do know is Cal is not a good coach anymore. I’ll take my chances elsewhere.

The media didn’t approve of Tubby either. We aren’t trying to win a popularity contest. We are trying to be the gold standard.

Stop feeding into fear of the unknown. What I do know is Cal is not a good coach anymore. I’ll take my chances elsewhere.
Tubby did not get fired.
Every player Cal has put in the NBA would publicly condemn the UK Administration.
Where you and I disagree is you think the program could take that hit and come out unscathed and immediately start to prosper.

Reactions: bradyjames
Tubby did not get fired.
Every player Cal has put in the NBA would publicly condemn the UK Administration.
Where you and I disagree is you think the program could take that hit and come out unscathed and immediately start to prosper.
Please quit taking up for Cal he is finished at UK!!!!! 2 post season wins since 2019 at UK of all places….. Guy needs gone yesterday!!!

Agreed. We are 1-5 in our last 6 SECT games. That is astonishingly bad with the talent levels we have had. Also agree with you on coaching as I coached middle school basketball myself quite some time ago before moving on to another profession. Still consider myself knowledgeable in the game but cal is just, well I just don’t understand the man, will leave it at that!!!!!

This is wrong on so many levels. The media has took shots at Cal this year and have never been loyal to him. The records themselves cover removing him. Hell even my IU friends joke about hoping Cal stays here forever. Everyone knows what’s going on right now.

The media will support him if the UK administration tried to force him out.
His record does not support removal of a HOF
coach.
Whether you agree or not, all football and basketball coaches got a pass for the covid year.
Our seed the year before the covid year was a 3 then we've had a 2, a 6 and a 3 this year.
Name a coach who's been fired with seeds like that.

The media will support him if the UK administration tried to force him out.
His record does not support removal of a HOF
coach.
Whether you agree or not, all football and basketball coaches got a pass for the covid year.
Our seed the year before the covid year was a 3 then we've had a 2, a 6 and a 3 this year.
Name a coach who's been fired with seeds like that.
Nohody gives a 💩 what your seed is. We care about results. You make all the excuses you want. I’ll say it daily that Cal sucks as a coach in 2024. UK and UK fans deserve better.

lol, Covid year.

All teams had the Covid year.

From a buddy.

Just a reminder, Tubby Smith got (rightfully) roasted at the end. His last 5 years though:
02-03: #1 overall seed
03-04: #1 overall seed
04-05: E8
05-06: 2nd round
06-07: 2nd round

Last edited:
Another dumb Cow move is Edwards always takes the first shot of the game and it’s a brick 9/10.
I'm 100% convinced this is discussed pre-game and Cal/Edwards agree he'll go for it to see if it goes down or not, because Edwards' performances are determined by the first shot he takes 90% of the time.

2-3 zone/m-m combo
Use your TO’s wisely.

My cousin who goes to morehead st asked me how I though the morehead st coach would do with this roster, and I legit think he would do better than cal would

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT