ADVERTISEMENT

I think Stoops beat Cal to the NIL money

Rockfly78

Senior
Nov 20, 2014
We don’t have HD because Kentucky couldn’t promise the money. From all indications the money wasn’t there. But I can tell you who did get paid, Devin Leary and his teammates. It’s been no secret that Stoops and Vince has a great relationship with boosters and local donors. I really think stoops beat cal to the punch.

Lexington and Kentucky in general is not gonna be able to bankroll a stream of NIL money that a lot of other regions will. But the early bird gets the worm

We don’t have HD because Kentucky couldn’t promise the money. From all indications the money wasn’t there. But I can tell you who did get paid, Devin Leary and his teammates. It’s been no secret that Stoops and Vince has a great relationship with boosters and local donors. I really think stoops beat cal to the punch.

Lexington and Kentucky in general is not gonna be able to bankroll a stream of NIL money that a lot of other regions will. But the early bird gets the worm

I doubt that's the case. This number 1 class isn't coming because they aren't getting a crap ton of NIL.

I doubt that's the case. This number 1 class isn't coming because they aren't getting a crap ton of NIL.
This. Players aren’t coming back and transfers aren’t coming bc no proven player wants to come in without a guarantee that they won’t be playing behind overhyped freshmen…bc they all know that’s Cals MO now.

The SDSU transfer was supposedly ready to commit and we told him to hold off likely bc we were waiting on Livingston…which is wild bc I’m a nobody and knew he wasn’t coming back a month ago via someone connected w an NBA team he interviewed w….you’re telling me Cal didn’t know or hadn’t heard whispers of what was being said?? No. He knew…and still chose to not take a commitment and run w the all freshmen lineup

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Imo, Cal got a top class for the same reason that Kenny Payne started pulling decent high school players when seemingly nobody was left. They are cut from the same recruiting cloth. They overpaid and spent their wad on high school kids while every other coach worth their salt has evolved with the game and spends most of their allotment on transfers. I feel like KP probably paid as much for Dennis Evans and Trentyn Flowers as Musselman paid for 2 or 3 of these star players that he got in the portal. And those guys are ready to play. Muss, for instance, realizes that there’s no point in spending most of your NIL on HS players that may not be ready to carry a team and be leaders. And when they don’t get 30+ minutes, they focus on lining up their next destination before conference play even kicks off.

Last edited:
This. Players aren’t coming back and transfers aren’t coming bc no proven player wants to come in without a guarantee that they won’t be playing behind overhyped freshmen…bc they all know that’s Cals MO now.

The SDSU transfer was supposedly ready to commit and we told him to hold off likely bc we were waiting on Livingston…which is wild bc I’m a nobody and knew he wasn’t coming back a month ago via someone connected w an NBA team he interviewed w….you’re telling me Cal didn’t know or hadn’t heard whispers of what was being said?? No. He knew…and still chose to not take a commitment and run w the all freshmen lineup
He didn’t want to take anybody heart away.😐

Reactions: EliteBlue
DGznOks.jpg

Reactions: blueskidmark
When cal talks about nil money, he's talking national and acts like these companies should be beating down his door. To be fair, looks like some guys definitely got some money.

When stoops and co talk nil, it's local and small regional and they are working these people to beat the bushes for deals.

It's night and day and cal is way behind most everyone in the game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT