ADVERTISEMENT

I think it’s time to overreact!!!!

Nov 8, 2010
I think we have reached the time when we need to overreact!!! We need to blame Cal (which he admittedly he should have them play like defense like Miami by having them run off the 3 line). We need to blame all of our freshman and reeves (who missed shots that they make 9/10 times, sadly that one time happened multiple times tonight). We should blame really whatever else you want to. I don’t post a whole lot but I have been on the board for 10 years. But this loss sucked, it was painful and it was embarrassing. But in reality this was a trap game with a bunch of freshman. Let’s lose one in December against a team we beat 9/10 so that we win 2 in April. And if you are going to be really witty and say with Cal we won’t learn, get some new material.

I think we have reached the time when we need to overreact!!! We need to blame Cal (which he admittedly he should have them play like defense like Miami by having them run off the 3 line). We need to blame all of our freshman and reeves (who missed shots that they make 9/10 times, sadly that one time happened multiple times tonight). We should blame really whatever else you want to. I don’t post a whole lot but I have been on the board for 10 years. But this loss sucked, it was painful and it was embarrassing. But in reality this was a trap game with a bunch of freshman. Let’s lose one in December against a team we beat 9/10 so that we win 2 in April. And if you are going to be really witty and say with Cal we won’t learn, get some new material.
Dude, poor timing. Maybe read the room next time.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
You know it’s going to be that way after a terrible loss so why try to provoke people? Just go away for a couple of days.
Bc that loss sucked. No doubt, but we can’t be this overdramatic. Was it painful, yes, embarrassing, yes, what hurt even more that their coach played for Gardner Webb. But this is still one of the best teams in the country. Cal has his short comings but this team can still win it all. We need to remember that.

3+ years of trash heap basketball and losing to teams like we did tonight in the tournament.

You're just a silly poster, ain't ya.
The moral high ground group and oh everything is fine people will all tell us to leave because we are upset about the shit pile this basketball program is right now

Your name fits. This loss cost UK any shot at a 1 seed and likely a 2 seed. Any title hopes took a major blow today. We were likely never winning anyway with the pos on the sideline but we could pray for a great draw before today. Now we can’t even hope for that.

The moral high ground group and oh everything is fine people will all tell us to leave because we are upset about the shit pile this basketball program is right now
I don’t believe in the moral high ground in basketball. I believe in looking at the facts. The facts are this team just dismantled a legit top 10 team then lost an embarrassing one to a mid major. What that points to is that we can beat anyone and if we don’t play at least our C game we can lose to anyone.

Your name fits. This loss cost UK any shot at a 1 seed and likely a 2 seed. Any title hopes took a major blow today. We were likely never winning anyway with the pos on the sideline but we could pray for a great draw before today. Now we can’t even hope for that.
1 seed probably 2 seed depends on how the SEC plays out.

I don’t believe in the moral high ground in basketball. I believe in looking at the facts. The facts are this team just dismantled a legit top 10 team then lost an embarrassing one to a mid major. What that points to is that we can beat anyone and if we don’t play at least our C game we can lose to anyone.
Fair, but it also shows our coach will resort back to his old ways and try things he knows can’t work and still does them

Reactions: NociHTTP
Fair, but it also shows our coach will resort back to his old ways and try things he knows can’t work and still does them
See I didn’t see that. I think Cal makes some stupid decisions, but tonight I saw a bunch of players miss shots that they normally make. That’s why there was a lost. We missed easy shots they made tough ones. It happens and it sucks. But that’s what happened.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
See I didn’t see that. I think Cal makes some stupid decisions, but tonight I saw a bunch of players miss shots that they normally make. That’s why there was a lost. We missed easy shots they made tough ones. It happens and it sucks. But that’s what happened.
The optimism is nice but it’s hard to get overly excited anymore about Kentucky as long as we have a coach who I know will revert back to his old ways. I am still going to watch because I love Kentucky basketball but this loss is deflating

Problem is that loss costs us a seed line.....where we might run into another similar team that could end us the same way.
I am cautiously optimistic we learn from this and use it to get better. If we don’t I will admit I was wrong. But I hope that’s the case.

Apparently that’s why I said I would prefer to lose to them in December vs April.
Were you around when uk used to have long home winning streaks?
What about when uk put fear into the opponents?
Or when uk tried to beat you badly?

Well, I am and that is long gone under this so called coach

Were you around when uk used to have long home winning streaks?
What about when uk put fear into the opponents?
Or when uk tried to beat you badly?

Well, I am and that is long gone under this so called coach
I remember watching live Tashauns 5 straight 3s vs NC I also remember watching Anderson coming in to shoot free throw with a torn ACL. So yes I do remember those times. But we can’t live in the past. And Cal has lived in the past with his offense until this year. I do think though we can still win it all here and now.

The Bennies have been hysterical for so long nobody that matters cares. Still, go nuts and act like an idiot. It’s funny.

Like I have stated in previous threads, lets see how they end up this year... If the recent past has shown, not so good. Losing at home is NEVER a good thing.

Like I have stated in previous threads, lets see how they end up this year... If the recent past has shown, not so good. Losing at home is NEVER a good thing.
I agree. If we don’t get a final four for this team then it probably is time for Cal to move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT