ADVERTISEMENT

I think it’s important to be said, and remember, that

Gromcat

All-American
Jun 29, 2021
We always survive. I’m seeing a lot of post and outlets that seem to think we’re gonna die off, and that’s just not gonna happen.

I’m old enough (37) to remember when all of my friends in Tennessee and around the college sports scene said we’re done, we’re the new NOTRE DAME of college basketball. Y’all remember that being said? They said coaches don’t want the headache, and we’re too demanding, and now Florida is winning, Kentucky isn’t the draw it once was.

Then a coach from Memphis said he’d crawl over broken glass to get to UK, stole another teams class, and we went on to dominate.

Remember before Rick, why would this guy want Kentucky and to leave the Knicks no less? We were dead in the water right? Well that guy wanted Kentucky, and we took coach K’s 90’s dominance and ran with it.

Remember Arkansas fans saying as much in the 90’s? The “new rage” and we’re the old Notre Dame huh? How’d that work out.

My father has told me so many stories of people saying similar years before.

The media does this every time. They love to pile on while we’re transitioning. And that’s essentially what we’re doing now. It’s not a lie, they’ve hated us for years.

We are the only program in ncaa history that has stood the test of time, always bouncing back, winning outside of the family, with 5 different coaches winning titles and most during different eras.

We need a new coach but we’ll get one and all of these people that think we’re done, can’t win in this NIL era, never again to be dominant, will eat those words just like they all did before.

We gotta just hold tight. Don’t buy into the “death of the program” stuff. We might need to get Kentucky guys in control in some capacity that care more than these outsiders though.

Just keep on keeping on.... a title every 10-15 years is honestly the norm.

Sure. And dominate “the list” in the meantime.

And every now and then have a run where you stack a few in a decade.

Depends on the hires.

We got this, just ride this guy out. Literally, on horseback if need be.

Reactions: DraftCat
Sure. And dominate “the list” in the meantime.

And every now and then have a run where you stack a few in a decade.

Depends on the hires.

We got this, just ride this guy out. Literally, on horseback if need be.

Pressure to win has never been higher than it is now in sports history. Social Media has totally transformed the expectations of top flight programs.

A move will be made very soon and I'm like most think it's coming after this last recruiting class.

Reactions: Gromcat
Pressure to win has never been higher than it is now in sports history. Social Media has totally transformed the expectations of top flight programs.

A move will be made very soon and I'm like most think it's coming after this last recruiting class.

One more year. It better be, because I don’t think I can manage even one more.

We’ll survive we always do.

UK basketball is in a deep sleep right now. Everything just feels stale and that is on Cal.

I was thinking whoever the next coach might be, is going have a jam packed and rowdy BBM. People are ready for a change, I know I am.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT