ADVERTISEMENT

I love Tom Leach but he is just not going to ask the tough question after games (How could you not ask about us playing so soft on D at the end)

Tom is in the machine ... $$$. not gonna rock the boat with any dose of truth and sun shine on Stoops lack. of aggressiveness . And lack of many other things . Why pooch kick ? Why not attempt to block the 52 yard FG attempt , Why not send 6 and force the QB to throw the ball really quickly on 3rd and 18 ? Do you have a back up punter on the roster ? lots of questions . Few answers other than sad faces .

Saw someone asked it indirectly in the press conference. His response was basically with our top 2 CBS out, we played soft to protect the backups. I get that part.

The real question that needs asked is: why are our backup CBS so trash that you can't trust them at all? Robinson is atrocious and absolutely should never see the field. Jq is better but that doesn't say much. Why do we have no one else?

Reactions: JrandoUK
Why should we care anyway? We’ve been fed a narrative now for a few years that bowl games don’t really matter or mean anything… its just a chance to get extra practice and develop players for next year… it’s cool if players want to opt out and not finish the season… and so forth.

Saw someone asked it indirectly in the press conference. His response was basically with our top 2 CBS out, we played soft to protect the backups. I get that part.

The real question that needs asked is: why are our backup CBS so trash that you can't trust them at all? Robinson is atrocious and absolutely should never see the field. Jq is better but that doesn't say much. Why do we have no one else?
Here is the problem with that, the Clemson WR corp is garbage compared to what they usually have. Their WRs were average at best. If we can't cover those guys, we can't cover a couch with a blanket. At the end of the day, if you try to protect a "weak link" by being soft, you will getbeat like butter in mashed potatoes. Try to protect them with aggressiveness of your strengths, our DL. Turn up the heat and give the QB that had struggled under pressure all day with more pressure.

Leach & Tipton. Two very different types ppl who worked/work two very different types of reporting & paid by different companies

Here is the problem with that, the Clemson WR corp is garbage compared to what they usually have. Their WRs were average at best. If we can't cover those guys, we can't cover a couch with a blanket. At the end of the day, if you try to protect a "weak link" by being soft, you will getbeat like butter in mashed potatoes. Try to protect them with aggressiveness of your strengths, our DL. Turn up the heat and give the QB that had struggled under pressure all day with more pressure.

Define cover. We played zone which means we don't actually cover any player. Those two are so weak they play super soft then compound it by not driving on the ball. That's why it was a match down the field.

Why can't we build better cb depth?

Reactions: Samurai Cat

Has his top two corners been out for the last couple of years? This is not the first time it’s happened and won’t be the last

If you want to protect back up DBs Put pressure on the QB

Tipton didn't ask tough questions related to sports, he was just an asshole.
Exactly. He asked about stupid things like Azabuikes fathers tax troubles or John Walls father being convicted of murder . He never asked a sensible basketball question. I don’t really think he knew enough about the game to actually form a legitimate question.

Last edited:

The real question to ask is why we didn’t use any of our timeouts to give the same players that have been out there for 7 plays a breather. If you have inexperienced players call a timeout and talk to them about the play.

3 timeouts. The D exhausted. And an entirely predictable result. I’m not stoops out by any stretch; but he needs someone to help him with game state, timeouts, and the clock ASAP. He just has no clue. It costs us an average of 3-10 points most games usually at the end of the first half.

If you want to protect back up DBs Put pressure on the QB

Or just tell them to be more aggressive. They played that way every snap they got, so it isn't new. I get it isn't an optimal situation but tell your guys to get less than 12 yards and drive the ball. Granted they should be doing that anyway with safety help but those two haven't all year.

The real question to ask is why we didn’t use any of our timeouts to give the same players that have been out there for 7 plays a breather. If you have inexperienced players call a timeout and talk to them about the play.

3 timeouts. The D exhausted. And an entirely predictable result. I’m not stoops out by any stretch; but he needs someone to help him with game state, timeouts, and the clock ASAP. He just has no clue. It costs us an average of 3-10 points most games usually at the end of the first half.

This is a very good question. I don't think they were gassed but I'm curious why we didn't to to get Dru back in the game if the substitution rules were the issue. If he can go, he can't have those two clowns out there deciding the game. It out there period

Hell Leach doesn't have that in him one bit, in fact none of the local media have the balls to actually ask tough questions. They're all gutless pukes that would rather slurp away than to actually do their jobs.

Whole bunch of armchair quarterbacks. Can't believe you all aren't coaches.

Not enough to attack the coaches, now it is time to attack Tom Leach. Pathetic group.

Watched the WY Vs Toledo game... similar situation late in the game. Toledo 3rd and long... and What does WY do? Sit back and let the QB scan all day... nope... rushed 5 which resulted in a throw in the dirt...

WY went on to win the game...

Why we continue to do the same ole' crap game after game, year after year....

Remember, 11 years of work to evaluate...

Why should we care anyway? We’ve been fed a narrative now for a few years that bowl games don’t really matter or mean anything… its just a chance to get extra practice and develop players for next year… it’s cool if players want to opt out and not finish the season… and so forth.
Well we ain’t developing s..t then!!!!

In case you haven't noticed, CMS (as well as Cal) is very thin skinned.

Definitely does not respond well to criticism of his coaching.

I personally heard Tom Leach question him about a coaching decision on his Monday night show and he snapped back hard at TL.

I have not heard TL ask anything but softball questions since then.

I expect CMS went off on him after the show.

Watched the WY Vs Toledo game... similar situation late in the game. Toledo 3rd and long... and What does WY do? Sit back and let the QB scan all day... nope... rushed 5 which resulted in a throw in the dirt...

WY went on to win the game...

Why we continue to do the same ole' crap game after game, year after year....

Remember, 11 years of work to evaluate...
I’ve watched them leave receivers uncovered and not enough players on the field coming out of time out lot of stupid stuff. It’s the continuous use of the prevent defense and clock mismanagement that drives me crazy and makes me want him gone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT