ADVERTISEMENT

I love the star system in recruiting!

CentralJacket.CAT

Blue Chip Prospect
Mar 17, 2009
I always try to be as honest as possible and call it like I see it. I take pride in this aspect of my life. I am going to take some heat on this one, I know. So last night I was around thinking about how many people like to rip the star system on these recruiting boards. People will claim that this guy is overrated this guy is underrated. Some say that they look more of the players list of offers. I agree with that a little. On the other hand I just love the star system. If it's only a way to keep score, fine by me. Don't have no real reason just love the way it makes me feel when we get a guy rated 3 star 5.7. I go crazy when we are lucky enough to land a four star. Is this wrong and stupid? Probley! Can't help though I just love the system. Just trying to be honest.

Oh, by the way like only 5 stars in basketball. I used to like four stars, but then Cal arived and spoiled my a***.

A good post. I think it adds a lot of interest to the game. While I think they have a lot of misses both ways, I agree they are the only way to make a quick and dirty evaluation of teams talent levels. I think UK's coaches have been great in their evaluation of talent, the only way they have survived as well as they have, but now we are getting better talent. We need a season where the breaks go our way instead of against us, and our increased talent is going to start showing up on the field.

Right on OP. and Jauk (as usual).

I agree that the star system is a system that works....for the majority of the time. We are dealing with "EWAG's"...."educated, wild a__ guesses" The evaluators are right the majority of time, and wrong some of the time.

The system certainly has me tuned in during the off-season. And I agree Jauk that the increased talent and depth will start to show at times during the close games in the near future.

The only people who bash the star system are people who don't the 4 and 5 star players (us). You take the 3 stars and I'll take the 4 stars and I'll win EVERY time. Granted there are those "diamonds in the rough" but if it were so easy to find these types of players then they would be 4 and 5 star guys. For every Randall Cobb, Trevard Lindley, and Wes Woodyard, there are 10 Kurt Jackson's, Maurice Marchman's, and John Logan's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT